Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

How was that not too many men????

On who? 

I'm an Avs fan, so I guess I'm a little biased, but in no way was that 6th man impacting the play and based on the rule should not have been considered 'on the ice'. 

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

On who? 

I'm an Avs fan, so I guess I'm a little biased, but in no way was that 6th man impacting the play and based on the rule should not have been considered 'on the ice'. 

Long before the goal, Kadri came on and McKinnon was like 20 ft away from the bench still.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Long before the goal, Kadri came on and McKinnon was like 20 ft away from the bench still.

I just saw a different angle and MacKinnon was more that 5' out, so I'll concede that. I don't think it had any impact on the outcome of that play though, so it's hard for me to see how the Lightning could pin their loss on that. The guy on MacKinnon went off for a change as well, so it's not like he pulled anyone out of the play or anything. 

I get that penalty could have drastically changed the outcome of the game, but these things happen; TB should know this as much as anyone. They did the same thing to the Islanders a couple years back. 

I would like to see the angle that shows TB's bench on that final play too as it felt like they were making some early changes as well on that last play. 

I also feel like the refs should have blown the puck dead early in the game when Kuemper's helmet was knocked off and the Lightning scored directly after. So I think the calls even out in the end. 

Again, as an Avs fan so this is probably coming across (and may be) pretty biased. 

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So I'm not the biggest hockey nut. I do love playoff hockey though. Is it just me being naive to suggest "too many men" is a penalty much line "holding" in which it could literally be called all the time? 

They give you a very specific (I think 5 or 6 feet?) and friendly degree of leniency in terms of how far you can be from the bench, so I'm not sure I'd compare it to that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They give you a very specific (I think 5 or 6 feet?) and friendly degree of leniency in terms of how far you can be from the bench, so I'm not sure I'd compare it to that

Appreciate the info. If that's the case, I'm not seeing anything controversial about the final goal of the last game. Seemed like the Av guy was very close to the boards in the screenshots I've seen