Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dude is going to play until he's 50 if the teams let him...and he'll probably still be somewhat effective. Third greatest offensive player I have ever seen (Wayne, Super Mario being the first two). 

Would be my #4. Pavel Bure was sensational. Jagr was more complete but, as a pure goal scorer, not many can touch Pavel.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Would be my #4. Pavel Bure was sensational. Jagr was more complete but, as a pure goal scorer, not many can touch Pavel.

Effortless goal scorer and skater. I don't know that I've seen such a smooth skater with the kind of acceleration and explosion that he had. Scotty Nieds was a smooth skater, but he never had that explosion like that. Guy could make a breakaway happen faster than anyone I've ever seen. I remember seeing him destroy Nik Lidstrom a time or two with just pure speed around him. From a pure entertainment standpoint, he was one of the best I've seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Effortless goal scorer and skater. I don't know that I've seen such a smooth skater with the kind of acceleration and explosion that he had. Scotty Nieds was a smooth skater, but he never had that explosion like that. Guy could make a breakaway happen faster than anyone I've ever seen. I remember seeing him destroy Nik Lidstrom a time or two with just pure speed around him. From a pure entertainment standpoint, he was one of the best I've seen. 

Indeed, my friend. When you have a career average of 51 goals per season (based on rate - 437 goals in 702 games), you are about as pure a goal scorer as there will ever be.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Just because you got me thinking of Pavel, I watched this. Okay, some of these are so ridiculous...the kind of space he creates. Not to mention...most of these were during the freaking trap era. 

One of the all-time greats. Man, the early 90s was such a great time to be a hockey fan. You had Gretzky, Super Mario, Pavel, Selanne, Hull, Yzerman, Sakic, Roenick, Shanahan. 

Legendary era.

• Like 2

Career Goals per 82 Game Pace (>350 career goals)
1. Mike Bossy - 62.5
2. Mario Lemieux - 61.8
3. Pavel Bure - 51.0
4. Alex Ovechkin - 49.7
5. Wayne Gretzky - 49.3
6. Brett Hull - 47.9
7. Bobby Hull - 47.1
8. Rick Martin - 46.0
9. Phil Esposito - 45.9
10. Maurice Richard - 45.6
11. Cam Neely - 44.6
12. Marcel Dionne - 44.5
13. Pat LaFontaine - 44.4
14. Ilya Kovalchuk - 41.9
15. Michel Goulet - 41.3
16. Rick Vaive - 41.3
17. Dino Ciccarelli - 40.5
18. Mike Gartner - 40.5
19. Sidney Crosby - 40.1
20. Eric Lindros - 40.1

As far as I can tell, those are the only players with 350+ goals in their careers that amassed a 40+ goals per 82 pace for their careers. Bossy was unreal.

Edited by bkobow05

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Jack Eichel went against the advice of his agents, and signed before the season started. And took less money.

8/80

leggo.

Excellent news here.. You guys gotta read the articles online up here in Canada. Leaf fans think Auston Matthews will be getting 13+ like he is that much more dominant than Eichel.bits actually quite comical 

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Excellent news here.. You guys gotta read the articles online up here in Canada. Leaf fans think Auston Matthews will be getting 13+ like he is that much more dominant than Eichel.bits actually quite comical 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Jack could’ve gotten 12+ a year I think if he waited, but he wanted to get it done. We got lucky.

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It'll be interesting to see how the Leafs handle their incoming massive contracts. Matthews, Marner and Nylander are going to demand a hefty fee and they still have some really nice young complimentary pieces (Hyman for example).

Great to see the Sabres lock up Jack. Good deal for a franchise forward.

Metro

1. Columbus
  2. Pittsburgh
  3. Washington
  4. Carolina
  5. NY Rangers
  6. NY Islanders
  7. Philadelphia
  8. New Jersey

Atlantic

1. Toronto
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. Montreal
  4. Ottawa
  5. Buffalo
  6. Boston
  7. Florida
  8. Detroit

Central

1. Dallas
  2. Nashville
  3. Chicago
  4. Minnesota
  5. Winnipeg
  6. St Louis
  7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Edmonton
  2. Anaheim
  3. Calgary
  4. San Jose
  5. Los Angeles
  6. Arizona
  7. Las Vegas
  8. Vancouver
  • Toronto def Carolina
  • Ottawa def Columbus
  • Pittsburgh def Washington
  • Tampa Bay def Montreal
  • Edmonton def San Jose
  • Dallas def Minnesota
  • Nashville def Chicago
  • Anaheim def Calgary

• Tampa Bay def Toronto
  • Pittsburgh def Ottawa
  • Nashville def Dallas
  • Anaheim def Edmonton

• Tampa Bay def Pittsburgh
  • Anaheim def Nashville

• Anaheim def Tampa Bay

17 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

The Flyers continue to trip over themselves and not ice the best lineup possible.  It looks like one of Travis Sanheim or Sam Morin will be sent down in favor of newly appointed assistant captain Andrew MacDonald and Dale Weise got the nod over SHL forward of the year (at 20 years old) Oskar Lindblom.  Those moves along with Giroux moving to wing should have their lineup looking like:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
Weise-Filppula-Konecny
Leier-Laughton-Raffl

Provorov-MacDonald
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg-Ghost
(Morin could also be subbed in anywhere)

Elliott 
Neuvirth

Much improved over last years squad but we have guys in the AHL that would improve our lineup even more. 

Just kidding, both Morin and Sanheim will be sitting for the opener in favor of MacDonald and Manning.  I love this team.