Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

An expansion team one game away from making the Stanley Cup finals in its first year of existence?  I can't think of a more unlikely sports event than that.  Vegas are seriously impressive.

Leichester City was still more unlikely. But this is so much fun to watch. And it doesn't look flukey either. They legitimately have looked great all season. Mes and Karlsson I don't think were getting nearly as much credit as they should have, and if it wasn't for the injury keeping him out so long in the beginning MAF is a Vezina finalist at the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Leichester City was still more unlikely. But this is so much fun to watch. And it doesn't look flukey either. They legitimately have looked great all season. Mes and Karlsson I don't think were getting nearly as much credit as they should have, and if it wasn't for the injury keeping him out so long in the beginning MAF is a Vezina finalist at the least.

Good call on Leicester City.  And they certainly are no fluke.  Winning a division and 100+ points over 82 games plus going through two (perhaps soon to be 3) playoff teams prove that.

12 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

An expansion team one game away from making the Stanley Cup finals in its first year of existence?  I can't think of a more unlikely sports event than that.  Vegas are seriously impressive.

The only one I can think of is Leicester City. 

I’m hoping the Caps win so Ovechkin gets a ring but Vegas looks like a team of destiny. 

Vegas is quite the story for sure. Expansion teams made the final in the NHL before. Back in 1968 when the league expanded to 12 teams an expansion team made the final. That was only because they were in an expansion team only division. This run by Vegas is quite something.