Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 6/2/2018 at 11:16 PM, roysmyboy31 said:

Been a fun series so far.  Washington really started to take over the game by the 2nd period.  Ovechkin and Kuznetsov imposed themselves on Vegas from the start.

I can't find the stat, but the Caps +/- in the playoffs on hits is ridiculously large. It's a huge reason why they've been able to maintain some aggression/momentum in these playoffs.

On 6/2/2018 at 8:16 PM, roysmyboy31 said:

Been a fun series so far.  Washington really started to take over the game by the 2nd period.  Ovechkin and Kuznetsov imposed themselves on Vegas from the start.

I really need the Knights to win game three. I want this series to go back and forth and eventually to the full 7 games. 

What was looking like the best team in the playoffs are now getting destroyed.

Looks like Vegas lost their thunder. I'll be shocked if Ovie doesn't get his first Cup at this point. Fine by me, their fans have suffered long enough with perennial chokejobs. 

Think the Caps won the series last night, When Vegas made it 4-2, I said whoever gets the next goal will win the game and the series and that's what probably happens. Vegas was a good story this yr. but Ovie winning a Cup's going to be nice to see. 

there's something very las vegas about riding your luck all the way here only to lose it all at the big one

this is a win-win cup: if washington does go on then ovi and kuzi and backstrom etc finally get their due, and if the knights come back then it's such a fairytale ending to one of sport's greatest fairytales ever

Edited by Shady Slim