Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Is there actual evidence that it's her tho? I only read the article about the restraining order thing but didn't see anything that directly links her in it.

Not sure that there is actual evidence, but obviously there has been a history there between them and the Karlsson's evidently.

Chris ryan was reporting that we had previously had interest in him at the deadline this year and that he could be a target for us this offseason rather than wading into the FA waters. If we are not on his limited NTC, would you want to get him? His contract fits nicely - a little over 5 million cap hit, but only for the next two years, which is what Shero has talked about with regards to long term deals in this free agency market (since Nico and Hall are up in two years), and he he has pretty consistently been a 25 goal scorer (I would hazard to say that he was a little unlikely last year as his shot percentage was 3-4 points lower than his previous three year averages). It's a pretty interesting scenario. At this point, as @roysmyboy31 said, he has to have little to no value, but man, regardless of whether his fiancee is doing this stuff or not, he's had some issues with the Sens. Do you want to bring that mess to New Jersey? I think if the cost is as low as I think it could be, maybe you give it a shot and hope for the best. 

12 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Max Domi for Galchenyuk straight up. 

Not the worst return given they've been peddling Galchenyuk for basically two years now, but I do like Arizona's end of the deal slightly better. Think Chucky was a little unlucky last year and he still nearly scored twenty. He just seems to be a slightly more consistent, slightly higher end scorer than Domi and he's only twenty four.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, roysmyboy31 said:

Anyone read about the insanity going on in Ottawa right now?  Mike Hoffman's fiance sounds like a lunatic to put it mildly.  Hoffman's trade value has to be in the tank after that because there is no way Ottawa can keep him now IMO.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:40 PM, Forge said:

Man, I just read up on some of it. What do you do there? Would anyone want that mess? 

On 6/13/2018 at 6:55 AM, bkobow05 said:

Is there actual evidence that it's her tho? I only read the article about the restraining order thing but didn't see anything that directly links her in it.

FWIW, 3 wives or GF's of other Senator players (1 is a former Sens player but knew both obv) have come out strongly in support of Karlsson - none for Hoffman's fiancee.   A couple even commended Karlsson's wife for putting up with it as long as they did, because she didn't want to go public with this.     Obviously it's not a lock, but that's pretty damning.   

Edited by Broncofan
Realized I got the # wrong, it was 3.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW, 4-5 wives or GF's of other Senator players have come out strongly in support of Karlsson - none for Hoffman's fiancee.    Obviously it's not a lock, but that's pretty damning.   

It's pretty despicable, particularly the baby part of it. I mean, you have to be a special sort of jacked up to even go in that direction and harp on that. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's pretty despicable, particularly the baby part of it. I mean, you have to be a special sort of jacked up to even go in that direction and harp on that. 

Yeah, you could see how a cyber-hacker could frame someone, but the problem is that 3 (not 4-5, like I put down originally) wives or GF's of past/current Sens players all pointing out that Caryk (Hoffman's fiancee) had an unhealthy obsession with Karlsson.  Now maybe someone still pulled a frame job, but it sure adds a lot of weight.   It's hard to believe anyone would go to the extent of getting a restraining order if it wasn't a huge problem.   Maybe there's a hacker who framed Hoffman/Caryk...if so, doubly sad to say the least.   Either way, it's pretty clear Hoffman's time in Ottawa seems pretty iffy.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Hoffman to San Jose...

And now to the Panthers lol

Mike Hoffman was traded twice Tuesday morning, going from the Senators to the Sharks to the Panthers, nearly a week after allegations surfaced that his fianceé harassed Ottawa captain Erik Karlsson's wife online.

The first deal sent Hoffman, ECHL defenseman Cody Donaghey and Ottawa's fifth-round choice in the 2020 draft to San Jose for veteran forward Mikkel Boedker, defenseman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round draft choice in 2020.

About two hours later, Hoffman was traded again, this time going from San Jose to Florida along with a seventh-round pick in this year's draft for the Panthers' picks in the second, fourth and fifth rounds of the draft, which begins Friday.

I feel like San Jose did pretty well in that deal. They essentially made out with 2nd, 4th, 5th round picks this year and a 5th round pick next year along with Donaghey (nothing special) for Mikkel Boedker (meh), Bergamn, and a 6th round pick next year and 7th this year.