Jump to content
Championshiporbust

Teams whose Super Bowl window is open and closing/closed

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Championshiporbust said:

Thoughts?

You have no clue what you're talking about and seem heavily invested in making sure everybody knows that
Keep up the great work, you're almost there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think they closed any window they had during the draft.

It's hard for some to admit they (GB) overachieved last year, and with such homerism figure they will be the same moving forward......They were just so manhandled by SF last year, the thoughts of having to compete against them, and against potentially better Dallas and Seattle teams....Tom Brady in Tampa is intriguing....Throw in New Orleans....The NFC is going to be a tough nut to crack....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they're out of contention, but I also don't think they're in the drivers' seat. This was a team that was a game away from the SB last season and ran into a SF team that played its best game of the season - I don't think they've really regressed from that spot, either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think LaFleur was a good OC in his time at Tennessee and held the team back. I don't think they have any shot at winning a Super Bowl with him as head coach, but with Rodgers as QB they will keep making the playoffs, keeping his job in tact. Unfortunate situation in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't think they're out of contention, but I also don't think they're in the drivers' seat. This was a team that was a game away from the SB last season and ran into a SF team that played its best game of the season - I don't think they've really regressed from that spot, either.

I wouldn't say Rodger's window has closed in GB.....However if we do not play this year,  this will wind up being a lost season for AR and the Packers....His skills could suffer accordingly....As for LaFleur, his sophomore season could be telling as to whether/not he can formulate a plan to keep the Packers relevant....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona Cardinals - Closed/Opening
Atlanta Falcons - Closed
Baltimore Ravens - Open
Buffalo Bills - Opening
Carolina Panthers - Closed
Chicago Bears - Closed
Cincinnati Bengals - Closed/Opening
Cleveland Browns - Closed/Opening
Dallas Cowboys - Open
Denver Broncos - Opening
Detroit Lions - Closed
Green Bay Packers - Closing 
Houston Texans - Closing (w/ BoB)
Indianapolis Colts -Closing/Opening (weird case because of Rivers’ window vs the rest of the young talent around him)
Jacksonville Jaguars - Closed
Kansas City Chiefs - Open
Los Angeles Chargers - Opening
Los Angeles Rams - Closing
Miami Dolphins - Opening
Minnesota Vikings - Open
New England Patriots - Closing
New Orleans Saints - Closing
New York Giants - Closed/Opening
New York Jets - Closed/Opening
Oakland Raiders - Closed
Philadelphia Eagles - Open
Pittsburgh Steelers - Closing
San Francisco 49ers - Open
Seattle Seahawks - Open/Closing
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Opening and Closing simultaneously lol
Tennessee Titans - Open
Washington Redskins - Closed

All imo and there are some that you maybe could flip based on how you look at it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

It's hard for some to admit they (GB) overachieved last year, and with such homerism figure they will be the same moving forward......They were just so manhandled by SF last year, the thoughts of having to compete against them, and against potentially better Dallas and Seattle teams....Tom Brady in Tampa is intriguing....Throw in New Orleans....The NFC is going to be a tough nut to crack....

Exactly.  I have little hope for the Vikings this year either.  The way I look at it for you guys is that LaFleur is taking your team through a transition from the high-flying passing game of the Rodgers/McCarthy era to more of a power running, ball control offense similar to what we saw from San Francisco last year.  You will get there, but it is probably just going to take a couple years.  It will be interesting to see how your new QB works out.  He seems like kind of a boom or bust prospect.  Fortunately, LaFleur's offense will take a little pressure off of him, so that could help him end up being more boom than bust.

When it comes to the Vikings, I think we have pretty much seen the best we are going to see out of a Mike Zimmer coached team with a less than absolute stellar QB.  We can get into the playoffs, but I don't see us being good enough to beat the better teams like the ones you listed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints are closing unless Winston becomes some perfect fit in Payton's system and carries the torch well enough, because the team around Brees is pretty young and super talented. But if Taysom Hill is our future at QB then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GB's is still open for a little while.

NE's closing (unless Cam is back to his best, then it's still open), LAR's closing but still slightly ajar.

Chicago's great push for elite greatness didn't last long did it. That was a real sunny morning but blustery afternoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Exactly.  I have little hope for the Vikings this year either.  The way I look at it for you guys is that LaFleur is taking your team through a transition from the high-flying passing game of the Rodgers/McCarthy era to more of a power running, ball control offense similar to what we saw from San Francisco last year.  You will get there, but it is probably just going to take a couple years.  It will be interesting to see how your new QB works out.  He seems like kind of a boom or bust prospect.  Fortunately, LaFleur's offense will take a little pressure off of him, so that could help him end up being more boom than bust.

When it comes to the Vikings, I think we have pretty much seen the best we are going to see out of a Mike Zimmer coached team with a less than absolute stellar QB.  We can get into the playoffs, but I don't see us being good enough to beat the better teams like the ones you listed.

 

The schedule is much tougher too this year as compared to last....We just scraped by Washington and Detroit twice....Being 13-3 last season also means teams will be looking to give us their best shot....This is not unusual, especially from teams in our division...

No question as to what LaFleur is looking to achieve....When it comes to grooming AR replacement, will Love be the answer?.....Lamar Jackson looks to be what shaping up to be the prototypical modern day NFL quarterback....Does Love fit this type?....Have to see what the future holds...

Cousins did show promise at times last year, but look at Chicago and Detroit....Is Stafford's injury going to have long term ramifications?....What is Chicago going to do with Trubisky?.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the Patriots finally got rid of the system QB that the owner forced on Belichick we are about to see something special 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Houston Texans - Closing (w/ BoB)

It's open until we have to go to the table with Fuller, Conley, Cooks, DJ, McKinney, Stills and that is for almost all of them just after the 2020 season. You forget we still have a good squad plus a new OC who was much better than BoB (night and day) when he was given the chance to call last season plus a better DC that seems like his head is in the right place for the role + has also shown he knows how to work the defense.

Trading Hopkins too, despite being something I hate deep down, plays to Deshaun's advantages, mainly when it comes to big plays which is why Deshaun holds the ball for so long, he LOVES big plays, there's a reason why we scored something like 15 less points a game when Fuller was out lol, the speed is needed, now our three main receivers can stretch the field and two of them being top 5 in 40 time OAT.

Edited by Drained

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Drained said:

It's open until we have to go to the table with Fuller, Conley, Cooks, DJ, McKinney, Stills and that is for almost all of them just after the 2020 season. You forget we still have a good squad plus a new OC who was much better than BoB (night and day) when he was given the chance to call last season plus a better DC that seems like his head is in the right place for the role + has also shown he knows how to work the defense.

Trading Hopkins too, despite being something I hate deep down, plays to Deshaun's advantages, mainly when it comes to big plays which is why Deshaun holds the ball for so long, he LOVES big plays, there's a reason why we scored something like 15 less points a game when Fuller was out lol, the speed is needed, now our three main receivers can stretch the field and two of them being top 5 in 40 time OAT.

Oh I don’t disagree that you still have a good squad...but did you just say “our window is open until we have to pay all of these guys and for most of them that’s after 2020”?

Wouldn't that quite literally agree the “closing” tag is correct? Closing in this context means that it’s open now but will be coming to an end sooner rather than later (in the next couple of seasons) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...