Adam Gase

Carmen Cygni

Adam Gase  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's you take on Adam Gase?

On 10/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

@Carmen Cygni

Do you still think Matt Burke was a bad DC hire?

The Jim Schwartz wide 9 attacking philosophy has done well and found intermittent success throughout the regular season over it's years. The postseason is where it routinely ****s the bed. So yes, I still think he is a bad hire due to the scheme he runs. 

Food for thought: Thru 1 1/2 seasons thus far (24 games) Gase (14-10) is only one win better than Tony Sparano (13-11). And despite Adam 'something, something, offensive genius, or another' Gase, Sparano coached a higher scoring and higher ranked offense. Just sayin'.

9 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Food for thought: Thru 1 1/2 seasons thus far (24 games) Gase (14-10) is only one win better than Tony Sparano (13-11). And despite Adam 'something, something, offensive genius, or another' Gase, Sparano coached a higher scoring and higher ranked offense. Just sayin'.

How do you think Gase would have done with this defense, a healthy Tannehill, and the healthy 2008 offensive line that Tony Sparano had? Just sayin'. Context and all that.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

How do you think Gase would have done with this defense, a healthy Tannehill, and the healthy 2008 offensive line that Tony Sparano had? Just sayin'. Context and all that.

Should we throw in Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, too. Maybe we could add Ted Ginn as a returner for good measure as well. While we're at it, can we just go ahead and bring back all of this years injured players to play out this fantasy scenario?

"context" . . . LOL

On 11/7/2017 at 12:40 PM, Carmen Cygni said:

Should we throw in Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, too. Maybe we could add Ted Ginn as a returner for good measure as well. While we're at it, can we just go ahead and bring back all of this years injured players to play out this fantasy scenario?

"context" . . . LOL

The difference between Gase and Sporano is that Sporano had several seasons to prove that he isn't the guy...... While Gase hasn't even had 2 yet.

Based off his only full season as a HC I haven't seen near enough from Gase to prove that he isn't the guy.

On 11/7/2017 at 12:40 PM, Carmen Cygni said:

"context" . . . LOL

I don't think it's even debatable that the Dolphins have been dealt a very poor hand this season. Despite all that we're 4-4... that's better than most teams can say when losing their starting QB before the season, being forced to play the schedule the Dolphins have had.

Try as you might to troll, the fact of the matter is the Dolphins have actually exceeded my expectations for them. I certainly can't fault the coaches considering that.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

@Carmen Cygni

Do you still think Matt Burke was a bad DC hire?

Given up over 33 PPG in the past 4 games.

Well almost 4 games, Carolina still has a quarter to increase that. I'll tell anyone that wants to listen, our bland *** 4-3 Over wide 9 scheme is . . .

tumblr_lhq31dVvCb1qh89oso1_500.gif

EDIT: now an even 35 PPG . . . and counting.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Global traveler, DC Matt Burke and his Mt Roadkill'manjaro defense has given up over 35 PPG and almost 2000 yards in the current 5 game losing streak.

Thankfully though, the offense has finally improved. It now matches the overall ranking of the defense - 30th.

Burke's personel isn't the greatest, but yeah, his schemes have been putrid as of late.  Big disappointment.

I am all in for one more year for Gase and Tannehill together to see what would have been this season. If next season those two produce another season of mediocrity then I would say it is time to blow it up. Great coaching is about getting the most out of what you have to work with  and I have not seen that this season with Gase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carmen, I feel sorry for you. I hope you don't have a heart attack, because Gase isn't going anywhere. I do love your passion, but to sit here and blame Gase for all of the problems on this team is childish. We STILL, haven't seen Gase's full offense yet. I happen to love the fact that Gase talks during his press conferences, I have watched every single one of them for the past 2 season's. If people would pay attention, Gase tells you exactly what he needs to fix the team, what area's are deficient, and what he intends to do about it. I am so over BB and the Patriots. BB has benefited from Tom Brady, it's not the other way around. He got blessed with having the best QB that has ever played the game of football. They are going to win another superbowl this year, and the second that Tom Brady sustains the horrific career ending injury that puts him into retirement, BB is going to hit the bricks. If he cared one bit about that team, he would have kept Jimmy G. The Patriots are going to crash and burn once Brady in gone. You may not like his style, but each coach gets to pick what they want. Gase is a shotgun/spread offensive coach that will heavily use screens, short passes, and running will be to catch the defense off guard. That is the ultimate evolution of a Gase offense. Right now, Gase needs a true Alpha WR, and a showcase TE. Those are the only pieces we are missing. Tannehill is more than able enough to get us into the playoffs every year. On the other side, Gase was a speed based, athletic defense. He wants the defense to slow an opponent down, not to shut them out. Gase wants to win games by putting points on the board. Mr. Ross wants an exiting team that people want to watch. Not a running based, all star defensive team where the kicker is your best offensive weapon.

5 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

Carmen, I feel sorry for you. I hope you don't have a heart attack, because Gase isn't going anywhere. I do love your passion, but to sit here and blame Gase for all of the problems on this team is childish. We STILL, haven't seen Gase's full offense yet. I happen to love the fact that Gase talks during his press conferences, I have watched every single one of them for the past 2 season's. If people would pay attention, Gase tells you exactly what he needs to fix the team, what area's are deficient, and what he intends to do about it. I am so over BB and the Patriots. BB has benefited from Tom Brady, it's not the other way around. He got blessed with having the best QB that has ever played the game of football. They are going to win another superbowl this year, and the second that Tom Brady sustains the horrific career ending injury that puts him into retirement, BB is going to hit the bricks. If he cared one bit about that team, he would have kept Jimmy G. The Patriots are going to crash and burn once Brady in gone. You may not like his style, but each coach gets to pick what they want. Gase is a shotgun/spread offensive coach that will heavily use screens, short passes, and running will be to catch the defense off guard. That is the ultimate evolution of a Gase offense. Right now, Gase needs a true Alpha WR, and a showcase TE. Those are the only pieces we are missing. Tannehill is more than able enough to get us into the playoffs every year. On the other side, Gase was a speed based, athletic defense. He wants the defense to slow an opponent down, not to shut them out. Gase wants to win games by putting points on the board. Mr. Ross wants an exiting team that people want to watch. Not a running based, all star defensive team where the kicker is your best offensive weapon.

Well aware that Gase isn't going anywhere next year and he's getting a free pass this season. He'll probably manage another 7-9 win season without any impact, but still do enough to impress Ross (which isn't hard to do). But coaches get the blame of the team's success and struggles regardless of the surroundings, it's why they are the only ones who are truly judged by a team's W/L record.

Also no surprise that you happen to love his press conferences. Many do. It's great for fans, media, the opposition, etc. In fact, the only non benefactor of Gase's gabbing is the Dolphins. He generously lays out our strengths, weaknesses, and interests with very little provocation. Of concern, is that these comments are not of smoke & mirror draftspeak type either. It's freely shared insider knowledge of the team. Head coaches (and certainly professional ones) shouldn't divulge so much information and pull back the curtain on the team and locker room. Players accept being coached and chastised in the appropriate environment, but having their dirty laundry aired for all to see to appease the masses is ignorant behavior.

Gase needs _____, Gase needs ______. Agree, he needs a lot of help. Especially in evaluating the personnel for his final 53. That offensive philosophy you describe is garbage and is a main reason why Gase's offense's have consistently ranked in the bottom of the league. Our bland *** 4-3 Over wide 9 nonsense also needs to be scrapped. It's a trash scheme regardless of talent. A offensive lineman's job is made easier when facing stagnant fronts like ours. On the majority of snaps they're seeing the same alignments play after play. Tape Tuesday's are simpler when you only have to study the tendencies of the few lineman - all aligned in the same technique - you'll be facing that week instead of multiple fronts and personnel looks that more successful schemes offer.

A talented HC can take a team and elevate them through their coaching, scheme, versatility, and flexibility. These are also the reasons why your poor opinion on Belichick doesn't hold water.

I'll give you credit though, your comment that Gase "wants to win games by putting points on the board" is a gem.

Archived