Adam Gase

Carmen Cygni

Adam Gase  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's you take on Adam Gase?

16 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

I'm not concerned about the opinions of fans. Point was, Ajayi had no problem picking up their playbook mideseason, which was the supposed knock on him down here. Coupled with our severe lack of discipline, being the 2nd most penalized team in the NFL with 137, those issues fall directly on coaching.

NE was the 2nd most balanced offense in terms of snaps under center vs shotgun this year - 49% UC/51% Gun. Miami on the other hand, spent 67% of their time in shotgun. Miami also had the most unbalanced offense in the NFL with a Philbin like 36/64 run to pass ratio.

The only garbage I've been seeing is an inexperienced, overqualified OC masquerading as a HC.

The playbook understanding was but one knock, and easily the smallest at the time.  The fact that he was complaining, even after wins, about his touches was a big one.  His spottiness in all aspects of the passing game was probably the biggest one.  There really is no debating that the running game ramped up as soon as Drake took over.

But the bolded I 100% agree with.  This needs to be strongly addressed.  Suh's presence is a substantial part of the high number of penalties, and he's not going to stop being penalized regardless of who the coach is. But tt seemed as if the Fins had more "dumb" penalties that the teams we were playing.  Landry moving on will help a bit here though, as well.

NE was the 2nd most balanced offense in terms of snaps under center vs shotgun this year - 49% UC/51% Gun. Miami on the other hand, spent 67% of their time in shotgun.

What is your source for these numbers? Free site by chance?

Coupled with our severe lack of discipline, being the 2nd most penalized team in the NFL with 137, those issues fall directly on coaching.

Agreed. I'd be interested to see how many of these were pre-snap penalties by the OL. I believe Tunsil led the league? Hopefully Washburn as the new OL coach / run game coordinator can rectify this.

14 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

What is your source for these numbers? Free site by chance?

e794191b-3081-4fa4-8a13-84735db3af2f.png

Agreed. I'd be interested to see how many of these were pre-snap penalties by the OL. I believe Tunsil led the league? Hopefully Washburn as the new OL coach / run game coordinator can rectify this.

You can find the count and reason for the penalties here: http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/miami-dolphins?year=2017

You can sort by game, penalty type, player, position.

On 1/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, ericsvibe said:

The Dolphins aren't going to be running team. Period. Gase likes the offense that the Patriots use. That is where the Dolphins are heading. Lots of screens, short passes to RB's and TE's, and occasional runs to keep the defense honest. Runs will be to the outside where our smaller, speedy RB's like Drake can rip off big chunks of yards.  That is the real reason that Ajayi is no longer on the Phins. He simply doesn't have the speed, or hands, to play RB for the Dolphins of the future. Add to that the he pouted like a baby about it. Drake is a huge upgrade in this offense.

Gase was simply trying to help Cutler keep his confidence. We didn't have any better options at QB. 

I'm not advocating them being strictly a running team but you cannot be that unbalanced either. Its statically proven when we run the ball successfully we win like 90% of the time. I believe we're 19-1 why wouldn't you try to recreate that as often as possible? The most frustrating thing is he abandons the run when it's not necessary.

Let's not forget Tannehill plays his best when we run well because defenses have to commit to stopping the run which makes his reads easy. We're talking 9-8 men in the box single high safety, which means man to man and all he has to do is fool the safety with his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Whelp.

Adam Gase will be the head coach of theMiami Dolphins. He will play a different role in Philadelphia Eagles lore.

Gase will be the coaching equivalent of a control group. Eagles fans will compare the team’s next head coach to what Gase is able to accomplish in Miami.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/15388/adam-gase-hiring-sheds-light-on-eagles-situation

It is obvious the Eagles made the better Head coach decision. I am starting to see Gase as a very narrow minded coach that has a specific plan in mind for success but will have trouble achieving it if he does not have enough personal friends and professional associates with the talent to get it done.

Archived