Packers Mount Rushmore

dwaye50327

Packers Mount Rushmore - in respect to the original Mount Rushmore I will stick with 4 players or coaches.

Lombardi - far left

Bart Starr  - left center

Charles Woodson - right center

Aaron Rodgers - far right

Lombardi needs to reason. Starr lead the team during the hey day of Packers success. Woodson was the catalyst even more than Reggie to get the team to play to a higher level. Rodgers has keep the team near the top even with the (what I believe) was the disaster that was Ted Thompson. 

Funny calling a GM a disaster and putting two players acquired by that GM on that list.

22 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Packers Mount Rushmore - in respect to the original Mount Rushmore I will stick with 4 players or coaches.

Lombardi - far left

Lombardi needs to reason. Starr lead the team during the hey day of Packers success. Woodson was the catalyst even more than Reggie to get the team to play to a higher level. Rodgers has keep the team near the top even with the (what I believe) was the disaster that was Ted Thompson. 

• Like 3

Yah, I loved Woodson, but he doesn't go on Rushmore.    I feel very similar about White.  They just didn't play long enough in GB, though their play certainly helped win titles.

And for some reason, I just don't like putting Rodgers on Rushmore.  Probably my Favre bias.  But I'd put Rodgers up there before White or Woodson.

23 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Lombardi - far left

This take is very very very bad.

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, I loved Woodson, but he doesn't go on Rushmore.    I feel very similar about White.  They just didn't play long enough in GB, though their play certainly helped win titles.

And for some reason, I just don't like putting Rodgers on Rushmore.  Probably my Favre bias.  But I'd put Rodgers up there before White or Woodson.

IMO:

Favre>White>Rodgers>>>>>>Woodson

As far as impact on the Packers.  Charles Woodson is probably my favorite of the group.  But as good as he was, he is quite a step below, in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

IMO:

Favre>White>Rodgers>>>>>>Woodson

As far as impact on the Packers.  Charles Woodson is probably my favorite of the group.  But as good as he was, he is quite a step below, in my opinion. 

Yah, when you talk about a Mt. Rushmore for your team...it's icons that are faces of the franchise.

Clearly Lambeau.  Clearly Lombardi.  Then you have two left.

It's not easy for a franchise as storied as GB.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, Pugger said:

Harlan's biggest screw up was giving Sherman the GM hat along with HC.

Wasn't it a year later after Holmgren went to Seattle he retired and gave full control to Sherman? I feel like I remember him and holmy had some beef.... Whether I am right or wrong, I would've really loved to see what Holmgren and Favre could have done together over a long period of time. I feel like he really knew how to reel him in and focus up. I do believe MM did a good job in 2007, but think of all the years wasted with out that guidance and leadership. Not hating on Sherm... I mean 4th and 26 is what it is, but I don't think a Holmgren Favre throws a lame duck interception in that game... That 2003 team was really good... just my opinion, but damn, what could've been. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Wasn't it a year later after Holmgren went to Seattle he retired and gave full control to Sherman? I feel like I remember him and holmy had some beef.... Whether I am right or wrong, I would've really loved to see what Holmgren and Favre could have done together over a long period of time. I feel like he really knew how to reel him in and focus up. I do believe MM did a good job in 2007, but think of all the years wasted with out that guidance and leadership. Not hating on Sherm... I mean 4th and 26 is what it is, but I don't think a Holmgren Favre throws a lame duck interception in that game... That 2003 team was really good... just my opinion, but damn, what could've been. 

Holmgren has been the best coach that I've seen in Green Bay.  I was young when Starr was coach, but that's my timeline.

Always thought that Holmgren was great enough of a coach to beat you with his guys, then turn around and beat his guys with your guys.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:28 AM, Pugger said:

Harlan's biggest screw up was giving Sherman the GM hat along with HC.

Harlan was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He couldn't hire an outside GM because that guy would probably want his own HC - and that meant more upheaval and wasting of precious time. So what Harlan did was to hire a professional personnel guy to assist Sherman, but not take his job away

Harlan grabbed Mark Hatley who had many years in the NFL and was a highly regarded as a personnel evaluator around the league

https://www.packers.com/news/mark-hatley-1949-2004-2468022

Unfortunately, Hatley died suddenly and at that point Harlan didn't have a lot of choices -  in part because of the insecurity displayed by Sherman.
Giving Sherman both gigs was never part of Harlan's plan, but circumstances forced his hand

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Harlan was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He couldn't hire an outside GM because that guy would probably want his own HC - and that meant more upheaval and wasting of precious time. So what Harlan did was to hire a professional personnel guy to assist Sherman, but not take his job away

Harlan grabbed Mark Hatley who had many years in the NFL and was a highly regarded as a personnel evaluator around the league

https://www.packers.com/news/mark-hatley-1949-2004-2468022

Unfortunately, Hatley died suddenly and at that point Harlan didn't have a lot of choices -  in part because of the insecurity displayed by Sherman.
Giving Sherman both gigs was never part of Harlan's plan, but circumstances forced his hand

I forgot about Hatley!  :/

I find it odd that Woodson and White are getting so many mentions but not CM3. I would include Clay before Woodson and White. Honestly though, all three would fall short for me. Lombardi, Starr, and Favre seem like locks to me. Then I can see an argument for the 4th spot between Lambeau, Hutson, and Rodgers.