Packers Mount Rushmore

dwaye50327

Boy.  This is tough.

Hard to argue against anyone you have up there.

Considerations to.....Wolf.  White.  Rodgers.  Matthews to a lesser extent.  Woodson to a lesser extent.  Apologies to Willie Davis.  Gregg.  Taylor.  Nitschke.

It's tough when your team has so many all time greats!

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

A TV set.  Without that TV revenue there wouldnt be a team in GB.

This is dumb in a lot of ways, but mostly because the Packers were founded in 1919 and the television was first demonstrated in 1927.

• Like 1

There are no mountains in Green Bay though.

But wasn't it really amazing that the mountain eroded into the faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt, and they were all elected President?  Talk about a great prediction.  I think I would have used that as part of my campaign, if I were them.  "Look, I AM on the mountain, clearly you should vote for me, John Adams' face isn't carved in stone."

• Like 3

Lambeau - Co-founded the team and won 6 NFL titles as coach.

Hutson - Helped revolutionize the game by showing how potent passing could be. Close to being the Babe Ruth of Pro football. 

Lombardi - Took over the worst team in the NFL and won 5 titles in a span of 7 years. Became the standard of what head coaches aspire to.

Favre - Single most important figure in the resurrection of the Packers franchise. Totally changed the atmosphere on a team that had been among the NFL's worst for 20+ years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Anything without Favre is wrong

Tough, isn't it?

I mean, it's the Packers, so Lambeau has to be on there.  And Lombardi.  So 2 of 4 is taken.  Then you have so many to choose from.

Hudson was Jerry Rice before Rice came along.  Favre won 3 MVP's in a row and was a key to the turn around in Green Bay, which has led to Titletown being what it is today.  Starr won how many Super Bowls and Championships?  Add in Reggie White.  Willie Davis.  Hornung.  Taylor.  Nitschke.  I mean those guys are legends and when you say their names, you automatically think of GB.

I could get on board with Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr and Favre.

But really, we are talking about two Rushmores.

Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr, Nitschke

Wolf.  Favre.  White.  Rodgers.  And I only add White because he got his title here, and his free agency decision kind of paved the way for others to consider GB.  Could see Woodson in his place.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Tough, isn't it?

I mean, it's the Packers, so Lambeau has to be on there.  And Lombardi.  So 2 of 4 is taken.  Then you have so many to choose from.

Hudson was Jerry Rice before Rice came along.  Favre won 3 MVP's in a row and was a key to the turn around in Green Bay, which has led to Titletown being what it is today.  Starr won how many Super Bowls and Championships?  Add in Reggie White.  Willie Davis.  Hornung.  Taylor.  Nitschke.  I mean those guys are legends and when you say their names, you automatically think of GB.

I could get on board with Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr and Favre.

But really, we are talking about two Rushmores.

Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr, Nitschke

Wolf.  Favre.  White.  Rodgers.  And I only add White because he got his title here, and his free agency decision kind of paved the way for others to consider GB.  Could see Woodson in his place.  

Yeah I'd have to put Lombardi then Favre, after that, I don't ******* know. Too close