Packers Mount Rushmore

dwaye50327

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know a lot want to put Favre up there but IMO Wolf should be up there before Brett or Reggie.  If we don't have Wolf we don't have the other 2.  

Lambeau, Hutson, Lombardi and Wolf for me.

The Wolf/Favre debate is an interesting one. I side with Favre.  When Ron Wolf came to Green Bay, he was focused on changing the atmosphere here. He made 2 big personnel decisions. He had 2 1st round picks. One he traded for Favre. The other he used to draft Terrell Buckley. Although Wolf was insistent on changing the atmosphere, I think it was Favre more than anyone else who made it happen. There is no way Wolf would have been able to get Reggie White to come here without the change Favre caused here in his 1st year here.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The Wolf/Favre debate is an interesting one. I side with Favre.  When Ron Wolf came to Green Bay, he was focused on changing the atmosphere here. He made 2 big personnel decisions. He had 2 1st round picks. One he traded for Favre. The other he used to draft Terrell Buckley. Although Wolf was insistent on changing the atmosphere, I think it was Favre more than anyone else who made it happen. There is no way Wolf would have been able to get Reggie White to come here without the change Favre caused here in his 1st year here.   

Wolf hired Holmgren.

37 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Reggie always insisted he came to GB because of Favre....He was also offered more money to come here....

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah, but something tells me George wouldnt quite fit in a Packers Mount Rushmore :)

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah, but something tells me George wouldnt quite fit in a Packers Mount Rushmore :)

Wasn't suggesting he would...But one has to give credit where it is due....You need to read the article in the link....Halas wasn't sure the Bear's franchise would have survived without their competition with the Packers....‘‘I confess I have a deeper feeling of attachment for the Packers than any other club,’’ Halas said at the meeting in March 1956. ‘‘Sometimes I wonder if there would be a Chicago Bears today if there had not been such a terrific rivalry between the Packers and Bears since the early ’20s.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

The point is that Wolf was critical to the to the team's resurgence - on many fronts.
Perfect? Nobodies perfect.

Especially folks who think Rhodes was hired as head coach before Holmgren.

No doubt he was great, but we've got that covered.  And...if you want to get specific, you could argue that Harlan had as much to do with the resurgence as Wolf did.  It gets really tough when you talk about GM's/Administrators.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Especially folks who think Rhodes was hired as head coach before Holmgren.

No doubt he was great, but we've got that covered.  And...if you want to get specific, you could argue that Harlan had as much to do with the resurgence as Wolf did.  It gets really tough when you talk about GM's/Administrators.

I'd give Wolf the nod over Harlan.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, Brat&Beer said:

But it was Wolf who brought in Favre.  Do you think Tom Braatz would have been bold enough to make the trade for Brett if he was still running things in 1992?