Umbrella Academy Season 2

The Gnat

Season 1 had a ton of great montage moments (killer soundtrack).  S2 was better in terms of character development.    

Just finished S3 - thought they handled Page’s transition well.  

Five and Victor and Klaus arcs I enjoyed.  

Lila really is great.   Diego/her was a lot of fun to watch.

Allison’s storyline was awful.    It’s painful to say because her S2 storyline was one of the strongest last year (along with Vanya’s).   

The new Sparrows were OK but honestly were written simply to act as foils of “what might have been”.  

Spoiler

The fact the “Jennifer incident” led to Ben surviving in this reality was a nice callback.    Overall the Sparrows were needed but I’m not sorry most of them won’t be back

I also get it’s sci-fi but it seemed like the main events and explanations were more rushed this season.    Realizing of course it’s fictional but the progression seemed arbitrary.  

Overall no way I can say it’s well written or even good TV quality wise.   But it’s so damn entertaining.   The characters are so easy to root for (with the exception of Reginald & Allison).  I’d imagine there’s one more season left. I’m ok with it this isn’t a series with an infinite lifespan. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Allison’s storyline was awful.    It’s painful to say because her S2 storyline was one of the strongest last year (along with Vanya’s).   

This was easily the hardest part of the season. It was just not likeable or entertaining

• Like 2

I really liked the previous seasons and 2 episodes into this one, it's off to a great start. Came out at the perfect time for me to watch while waiting for more Stranger Things.

Has anyone read the source material, would you recommend it? 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Well...that's an interesting way to end the season I guess. 

Allison's storyline was kinda disjoined. I thought they did Viktor's transition fairly decently. 

Yeah I thought it was really touching how they did Viktor, it could’ve been really over the top or dismissive (like I’m this now get over it thing) but they let it role through naturally and tapped into it all the way to the end.

Like him finally getting the love and acceptance from his brothers was very sweet to see.

Allison ******* sucks. She's an awful person all season long, and she ends up getting everything she wanted with no consequences for any of her egregious actions. Reminds me of the ending of 13 reasons why when every terrible person got away with what they did.