Raheem Mostert Requests a trade

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Shanny is known for making RBs look good right? How do you fans feel about this?

Next RB up lol but for reals he does deserve something but not a complete new deal.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Shanny is known for making RBs look good right? How do you fans feel about this?

See ya...and understand that I have been the 100% biggest Mostert supporter in this forum the last couple of years

• Like 1

For a team that / coaching staff that prides itself on being able to create studs in the running game as a scheme > player philosophy, we have had and still have the most cap money tied up in running backs in the NFL, I'm pretty sure. That's really not acceptable given the scheme and the fact that we do not have a stud. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like Mostert deserves a raise and I don't want to get rid of him. And not every RB looks good or great in Shanahan's scheme. It was night and day with Coleman compared to first Breida and then Mostert. I will say that Shanahan's scheme does do wonders for speedy undrafted or late round picks. Don't really see a replacement for Mostert on the roster. 

Wow, dude has been cut by every team in the NFL (exaggerating), just signs a new deal in 2019, hasnt eclipsed a 1,000 season in his career, has had 1 good year of RB production and is clammering for a new deal? I know it's a 'make your money while you can league', but he hasnt earned it yet.

Looks like it's time for another RB to step up and make Mostert feel dumb next season for leaving. Bye Bye

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

See nothing wrong with that to be honest. 

Nope. Fully support him from a player perspective, and that being said, I'm okay with cutting Coleman to give him the raise he wants. But I'm probably not going to just give him the raise and add more assets to a position that simply doesn't need to be significantly pricey. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

See nothing wrong with that to be honest. 

I get where your coming from, but those other RB's have had years of success in the NFL...Mostert had half a season. If he had another year of that production, it would be warranted, but to give more money after he JUST signed a new deal last off-season....may be a bit premature. Also consider, yes, he had a great end of the season, but he isnt a guaranteed to be #1 back in this offense

• Like 2