49ers RB Raheem Mostert requests trade

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ehhhhhh. He's on the Dalvin Cook tier IMHO

He's easily better than Cook, IMO.

If you watched him, you'd know he's not one of the "dime a dozen" RBs. Now, will he be worth paying big bucks to when his contract is up? That's a different question, but Chubb is right behind CMC and Barkley in terms of the best RBs in the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He's easily better than Cook, IMO.

If you watched him, you'd know he's not one of the "dime a dozen" RBs. Now, will he be worth paying big bucks to when his contract is up? That's a different question, but Chubb is right behind CMC and Barkley in terms of the best RBs in the league.

I think Nick Chubb is great, but I just don't see him in the transcendent way that I do CMC or Barkley. Not a knock against him. circa 2013-2014 he'd have been the best RB in the NFL IMO.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

he’s got the right to ask for more money but doesn’t have a leg to stand on to get it.
He’s been used like a backup.... it’s not like he’s a proven starter.  He’s paid relative to his production.  He just got a 3yr deal last year and 722yds on 137 carries isn’t that impressive that it warrants ripping up the deal to give him more.  Had he rushed for 1200+ yards then sure he should get more. But he didn’t.  SF isn’t screwing him over at all.

Niners were implementing a RBBC last season, but add in Mostert's playoff stats and he rushed for 1,108 yards on 190 carries and 15 total TDs. Heck, he had 10 total TDs on only 151 regular season touches. You know how insane it is to surpass 1,100 yards on only 190 carries? Make no mistake, Mostert balled out last season and he knows this is pretty much his last chance to get paid. He's locked in for two more seasons and will be 30 years old when he hits free agency. I don't think the team ups his deal but wish he did get a bit of a pay bump. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I think Nick Chubb is great, but I just don't see him in the transcendent way that I do CMC or Barkley. Not a knock against him. circa 2013-2014 he'd have been the best RB in the NFL IMO.

Well we need to see what Chubb can do when the offense actually trys to use him as a passing threat. He had seldomly been used in that aspect but when he has, he has made some great plays and some great catches. The past two years the Browns haven't really utilized the RB out of the backfield and their screen game and screen concepts were garbage. This season is going to be huge because now he will have an offense system that is built around the RB, like the offense is for Barkley and CMC 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Kyle Shanahan with Christian McCaffrey is a timeline I'd like to see. 

We could have made it happen. But then we wouldn't have Solomon Thomas, and that's simply not acceptable

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

We could have made it happen. But then we wouldn't have Solomon Thomas, and that's simply not acceptable

could have had Cook but took Foster instead

could have had Kamara but took Witherspoon instead

could have had Conner but took Beathard instead

But you make up for it by getting Kittles in the 5th rd

Just now, buno67 said:

could have had Cook but took Foster instead

could have had Kamara but took Witherspoon instead

could have had Conner but took Beathard instead

But you make up for it by getting Kittles in the 5th rd

The fun part of the Kamara pick is that it was actually our pick he was taken with. We traded it to the Saints so they could take him for a future second. 

But I don't mind any of that.  The Kamara trade always makes sense, Conner is largely meh and we signed Breida as a UDFA so it's whatever. Foster was a superior prospect to cook and I would have taken Foster first 10 times out of 10. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. 

The Thomas one is a problem mainly because he wasn't the third best player in the draft and really wasn't close to it. That was just a bad selection. The other moves make sense.