Super Bowl LV predictions

Championshiporbust

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

It will be hard for the Bengals to make the Super Bowl with that bust at QB, amirite?

Not really.  Just 3 years ago, three of the four starters in the AFC and NFC Championship Games were Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles.

Great teams make it to the Super Bowl.  I like the Bengals to make a leap this year like the 2019 49ers did when they went from 4-12 and the 2nd overall pick two years ago to the Super Bowl last year.  In my opinion the Bengals roster has underachieved the last 2 years.  They have significantly more talent on that roster than their record has shown.  In 2020 they course correct and finally start playing up to their overall talent level.  Also there has been a history in recent years of top draft pick QBs having pretty good rookie seasons before the NFL figures them out.  Baker Mayfield looked great as a rookie in 2018.  Marcus Mariota looked his best as a rookie in 2015.  And we all remember RG3 as a first year player setting the world on fire in 2012.  I don't know if Joe Burrow will have a great rookie season.  I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he did given that its not uncommon. 

On 7/10/2020 at 12:44 AM, VanS said:

Not really.  Just 3 years ago, three of the four starters in the AFC and NFC Championship Games were Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles.

Great teams make it to the Super Bowl.  I like the Bengals to make a leap this year like the 2019 49ers did when they went from 4-12 and the 2nd overall pick two years ago to the Super Bowl last year.  In my opinion the Bengals roster has underachieved the last 2 years.  They have significantly more talent on that roster than their record has shown.  In 2020 they course correct and finally start playing up to their overall talent level.  Also there has been a history in recent years of top draft pick QBs having pretty good rookie seasons before the NFL figures them out.  Baker Mayfield looked great as a rookie in 2018.  Marcus Mariota looked his best as a rookie in 2015.  And we all remember RG3 as a first year player setting the world on fire in 2012.  I don't know if Joe Burrow will have a great rookie season.  I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he did given that its not uncommon. 

Part of the reason those teams made it to those conference championships is because those quarterbacks had career years. Philadelphia does not win that Super Bowl if Nick Foles did not blow up in the playoffs.

I do agree Cincinnati is more talented than their record indicated, but a rookie QB has never started in a Super Bowl and Cincinnati isn't good enough to take one to the Super Bowl.

Edited by Elky

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I want to like this, but I can't. Minny has to win at least one!!

SBLII seemed to be their destined year....They were hosting the game at their stadium, and all they had to do was qualify....Do you think the pressure was too much or were the Eagles just that much better?....