2020 Devils Prospect Thread(Complete)

devils1854

Since we are possibly having baseball, I will go ahead and start my thread. Ill be doing position rankings, team profiles, and then a top 200. Yes, 200. Since there has been no baseball, I decided to add in the 2020 draft class, so it makes a prospect class with no graduations, even bigger. I realized I needed to go much bigger this year when I had around 130 prospects that I was trying to fit into a top 100. I like this prospect class, and its the class that Im the most knowledgeable on because Ive been on a lot of these guys since I started getting deep into the MLB draft. I hope everyone enjoys.

For position rankings, 1st Base and 2nd Base both only have ten players because those positions are extremely thin, and there just arent enough guys that currently play 1st in the minors for a good prospect list, so we have to project a little. Also, each level posted for players was the one I was anticipating them starting at in 2020 before COVID.

POSITION RANKINGS

CATCHER
1.Adley Rutschman||A+||Baltimore
2.Joey Bart||AA||San Francisco
3.Sean Murphy||MLB||Oakland
4.Daulton Varsho||AAA||Arizona
5.Keibert Ruiz||AAA||LA Dodgers
6.Shea Langeliers||A+||Atlanta
7.Ronaldo Hernandez||AA||Tampa Bay
8.Ivan Herrera||A+||St Louis
9.Tyler Stephenson||AAA||Cincinnati
10.Miguel Amaya||AA||Chicago Cubs
11.William Contreras||AA||Atlanta
12.Diego Cartaya||A||LA Dodgers
13.Luis Campusano||AA||San Diego
14.Andrew Knizner||MLB||St Louis
15.Francisco Alvarez||A||NY Mets
16.Ryan Jeffers||AA||Minnesota
17.Patrick Bailey||DRAFT||San Francisco
18.Tyler Soderstrom||DRAFT||Oakland
19.Mario Feliciano||AA||Milwaukee
20.Sam Huff||AA||Texas

This is another intriguing year for catchers in minor league baseball. The top three are close to a consensus, and for good reason. The top end talent of Adley, Bart, and Murphy is exciting for a position that lacks talent at the starting level. I was able to see Varsho a number of times in Jackson last year, and his athleticism is the real deal. Im not sure he is a catcher at the major league level because he can play almost anywhere. He played center for a few games in AA, and the D-Backs might want his bat in the lineup sooner than later. Some of the shine has come off Ruiz. The power is not showing up and he is already below average defensively, so his plus hit tool might have to carry him at the next level. I dont think he starts 2021 in the Dodgers organization with Will Smith at the majors and a guy like Diego Cartaya making his way to full season ball.

I had a top 5 player grade on Shane Langeliers in the 2019 draft, and he did enough in full season ball after his college season to keep him just outside of the top five. The bat needs to come, but he might be the best defensive catcher in the majors. Hernandez, Amaya, Contreras, and Knizner need to bounce back after disappointing to somewhat disappointing 2019 campaigns. Herrera, Cartaya, Alvarez, and Feliciano could have been the big climbers this season, so look out for them in 2021. Sam Huff probably isnt a catcher without robot umps, and that still could be pushing it. His power could profile him at first.

Dauton Varsho Stat Line/AA-Jackson:.301/.378/.520, 18 HR, 25 2B, 4 3B, 21-26 SB, 9.3 BB%, 13.9 K%, .405 wOBA, 159 wRC+, 649.0 Inn C/36.0 Inn CF

SECOND BASE
1.Gavin Lux||MLB||LA Dodgers
2.Vidal Brujan||AAA||Tampa Bay
3.Nico Hoerner||AAA||Chicago Cubs
4.Nick Madrigal||AAA||Chicago Sox
5.Jeter Downs||AAA||Boston
6.Brendan Rodgers||MLB||Colorado
7.Justin Foscue||DRAFT||Texas
8.Terrin Vavra||A+||Colorado
9.Jahmai Jones||AAA||LA Angels
10.Chase Strumpf||A||Chicago Cubs

As Lux has started to dominate at the plate, his defense has suffered. Because of this, he is now slated to play second for the Dodgers this year. He is still a top three to five prospect in baseball even after the move. Thats how good his bat is. While their games are different, I think Lux can have a Jeff Kent type of offensive impact from second. Thats scary for the rest of the league. If Vidal Brujan can find power in his frame, a multi all star career could be in his future. Speed, defense, hit tool. All elite. He probably could be above average defensively at short, and if Tampa keeps him, he will probably play all over the diamond. Nico is probably my pick for NL ROY in this shortened season. He is going to benefit from the DH and no minor league season more than maybe everyone else in the bigs. His versatility should be able to get him in the Cubs starting lineup most days. His polish and general make up are what make him special. It looks easy. Royce Lewis is the only other player Ive seen in person with that trait in the minors the past few years. The lack of power really scares me with Madrigal. Its not going to come, so we shouldnt hope. There probably wont even be a ton of extra base hits. Its going to be a plus hit tool(got to pray its plus plus) with Gold Glove caliber defense. Boston needs to bite the bullet and put Downs at second this year. Bite the bullet more and put the undersized Chavis at first, and push Mitch Moreland out the pasture. Downs could have a great career hitting balls off the Green Monster day after day.

Nick Madrigal State Line/AAA-Charlotte:.331/.398/.424, 1 HR, 6 2B, 1 3B, 4-7 SB, 9.7 BB%, 3.7 K%, .093 ISO, .366 wOBA, 117 wRC+, 134 PA

CORNER OUTFIELD
1.Jo Adell||AAA||LA Angels
2.Julio Rodriguez||AA||Seattle
3.Dylan Carlson||AAA||St Louis
4.Riley Greene||A||Detroit
5.JJ Bleday||AA||Miami
6.Heliot Ramos||AA||San Francisco
7.Trevor Larnach||AA||Minnesota
8.Robert Hassell||DRAFT||San Diego
9.Taylor Trammell||AA||San Diego
10.Kristian Robinson||A||Arizona
11.Austin Hendrick||DRAFT||Cincinnati
12.Tristen Lutz||AA||Milwaukee
13.George Valera||A||Cleveland
14.Kyle Lewis||MLB||Seattle
15.Peyton Burd!ck||A+||Miami
16.Daniel Johnson||AAA||Cleveland
17.Khalil Lee||AAA||Kansas City
18.Canaan Smith||A+||NY Yankees
19.Zac Veen||DRAFT||Colorado
20.Heston Kjerstad||DRAFT||Baltimore

If I were a little more certain with him making contact at the major league level, Id have Adell as the top prospect in all of baseball. He has a huge swing that can show off 70 power, but he does swing and miss a little too much right now. He could stick in center if it wasnt for Mike Trout in LA. He could be the most exciting player in baseball in three to five years. Julio Rodriguez is 19 years old and has already excelled in full season A ball, dominated in a short stint in A+, and was impressive in the Fall League. He's already a huge human at 19 and doesnt have great foot speed, so left is probably his future spot. He should grow into mammoth power and it looks like he might have an elite eye as well at his young age. Everyone loves him that knows him as well. Carlson probably doesnt have a plus tool, but he does have a number of above average ones, and he could be seeing a starting spot opening up for him in the Cardinals lineup on Opening Day. Straight out of high school, Riley Greene was one of the best players in the much older NY/Penn League for 100 plate appearances before he was surprisingly sent all the way up to full season ball. He held his own, and showed that he might already be a steal at the #5 pick. JJ Bleday was drafted #3 overall last year and went straight to High A ball. His power was not surprisingly down for his first exposure to professional ball and from playing in the Florida State League, but he struck out less than 20% of the time in 151 plate appearances, and had a 107 wRC+. A huge win for his first taste of MiLB.

Heston Kjerstad was drafted 2nd overall a month ago. I only have him #20 on the list and the fourth best corner outfielder from the 2020 draft. He was my #20 prospect for the 2020 draft. My main problem with Kjerstad is that I think he is a DH, and will be moved there soon. Because of that, he needs to be David Ortiz/JD Martinez prime to be the second overall pick in a draft, and I dont see it with his profile. Peyton Burdick was selected in the 4th round in 2019 out of Wright State. As a 22 yr old, he had no problems during his week in the NY/Penn League. He then went to full season Clinton, and in 63 games, he had a .433 wOBA and 172 wRC+. He might have been the best player in the league in just half a season. It looks like he could possibly have the profile of a full time player at either corner spot. Canaan Smith is thicc. He is athletic for his size, and as long as he can stay in shape, he should be able to stay in left field. He is a pure hitter from the left side. He could have some Melky Cabrera type of success.

Kyle Lewis State Line/MLB-Seattle:.268/.293/.592, 6 HR, 4.0 BB%, 38.7 K%, .324 ISO, .357 wOBA, 127 wRC+, 75 PA

FIRST BASE
1.Spencer Torkelson||DRAFT||Detroit
2.Alex Kirilloff||AAA||Minnesota
3.Andrew Vaughn||AA||Chicago Sox
4.Evan White||MLB||Seattle
5.Nick Solak||MLB||Texas
6.Lewin Diaz||AAA||Miami
7.Ryan Mountcastle||MLB||Baltimore
8.Tristan Casas||A+||Boston
9.Brent Rooker||AAA||Minnesota
10.Seth Beer||AAA||Arizona

Spencer Torkelson was announced as a third baseman at the draft. I havent seen the full game logs but Im pretty sure he's only play sparingly at a corner outfield spot when he wasnt at first for Arizona State. He played third in high school, but he's still going to end up at first. I dont think Detroit is the place for him to try the outfield. Kirilloff has begun the transition to first. The bat is still there, although some of the power that he showed in 2018 was not seen in AA. If he is going to play first full time, the power has to come. Andrew Vaughn is our first true prospect at the position, but do not be surprised if the White Sox actually try him somewhere else. R/R is not what organizations really want at first, the White Sox have a ton of 1B/DH types either just getting to the majors or are close, and Vaughn is a descent athlete. It would still be an adventure for him elsewhere, but Vaughn has the bat you want in the lineup everyday somewhere. I have been a Evan White fan since I was able to catch him surprisingly get called up to play in the PCL from the California League in 2018. The defense is real. I really think he will be a multiple time Gold Glover at the position. The power is not ideal for your first baseman. He probably wont get to 20+ home runs for the position too often, unless he really bulks up and sacrifices the defense. The tools he has are still good enough for him to be a first division player in the majors. Nick Solak might find that first base is where he will get the most ABs for the Rangers. In a perfect world, he is given the second base job and Odor is benched, but that wont happen at the beginning of the season, and Todd Frazier was signed to play third. Ronald Guzman has not taken advantage of being given the first base job the past two years, and Solak showed his potential with a 126 wRC+ in 135 PA last year.

Nick Solak State Line/MLB-Texas:.293/.393/.491, 5 HR, 6 2B, 1 3B, 11.1 BB%, 21.5 K%, .375 wOBA, 126 wRC+, 135 PA

THIRD BASE
1.Carter Kieboom||MLB||Washington
2.Alec Bohm||AAA||Philadelphia
3.Nolan Gorman||A+||St Louis
4.Ke'Bryan Hayes||AAA||Pittsburgh
5.Jordan Groshans||A||Toronto
6.Mark Vientos||A+||NY Mets
7.Nolan Jones||AAA|Cleveland
8.Ryan Vilade||AA||Colorado
9.Josh Jung||A+||Texas
10.Abraham Toro||AAA||Houston
11.Isaac Paredes||AAA||Detroit
12.Keoni Cavaco||A-||Minnesota
13.Jonathan India||AA||Cincinnati
14.Brett Baty||A||NY Mets
15.Sherten Apostel||A+||Texas
16.Colton Welker||AAA||Colorado
17.Jordan Walker||DRAFT||St Louis
18.Bobby Dalbec||AAA||Boston
19.Rece Hinds||R||Cincinnati
20.Jake Burger||INJ||Chicago Sox

It looks like Carter Kieboom is going to get his shot this year at third for the World Champs. It was always assumed Keiboom was going to be moved off short sooner than later. He doesnt have the lateral quickness for the position, but its unknown just how good defensively he will be at the position. He does have a plus arm, so that will greatly help the transition to third. Power is in his body. Will it be 20 a year or will he be able to reach 30 is the question. At 6'5 220, Alec Bohm is physically one of the most imposing players on this list. There is plus(plus plus?) power in his body. Bohm also has some of the best plate discipline in the minors. So why isnt he a top 20 prospect? The power hasnt been showing consistently in games either in college or in the minors. He is going to hit around 20 home runs a year, but with the potential inside his body, it would be disappointing for him not to find more. If Rhys Hoskins wasnt a Phillie, Bohm might have been moved to first, but with their young star entrenched there for the near future, Bohm is going to be given every chance to stick at third. The Cardinals have pushed Nolan Gorman since he was drafted in the first round in 2018. He had 230 PA as a 19 year old in the High A Florida State League. He was able to put up a 117 wRC+ in one of the maybe the most pitcher friendly league in the minors. The swing and miss is his biggest issue. I know we have to take things with context since he was 19 years old last year in a league where the average age is around 23, but the strike outs have been a major issue since high school, and was one of the main factors for him to slide in the draft. Hopefully, we will start to see Pittsburgh Pirates prospects in a new light soon with new people running the organization. They have not been able to develop any talent over the past few years in the minors. Everyone becomes stagnant. Many think that Ke'Bryan Hayes can be a Gold Glover right now in the majors. His bat just isnt there, and it really hasnt made that much progress since he was drafted in the first round in 2015. Even a juiced ball in AAA couldnt make his stats stand out. A mysterious foot injury cost Jordan Groshans most of his 2019 season, and what a season it could have been. Lansing is known to be a little offensive friendly and in 23 games, .337/.427/.482 was the line that Jordan put up.  I was able to see him play at Bowling Green before the injury, and the bat speed, the power, the exit velocities all look elite to me. Groshans turns 21 in November, so he is going to have to move a little quickly once everything returns to normal.

I want to see power from Mark Vientos. He was 17 when he was drafted. The Mets are super aggressive with their top prospects. He was 19 all season in the Sally League last year, but if you arent going forwards, you are going backwards, and we need to see more soon. Jake Burger was my #2 player for the 2017 draft. Out of Missouri State, I thought Burger's bat was just as good as Kris Bryant in college. Burger was drafted #11 overall by the White Sox, and went to full season A ball that summer. He ended up with a 116 wRC+ in 200 PA. Since then, he has had elbow surgery and two torn ACLs. He will be 25 and will have missed three years in 2021. I take stats from the Cal League with a grain of salt, but if Ryan Vilade has turned a corner and has found some power in his body, the top 100 is not far away. Abraham Toro came out of nowhere in 2019. He is listed as a third baseman, but I think he could probably play around six positions and not embarrass himself. I think he can be the Astros version of Johan Camargo. He will make the Astros this summer and they are an organization smart enough to play him all over to get him ABs.

Abraham Toro Stat Line/AA-Corpus Christi:.306/.393/.513, 16 HR, 22 2B, 4 3B, 11.0 BB%, 17.7 K%, .207 ISO, .402 wOBA, 153 wRC+, 435 PA

LEFT HANDED PITCHER
1.MacKenzie Gore||AA||San Diego
2.Jesus Luzardo||MLB||Oakland
3.Brendan McKay||MLB||Tampa Bay
4.AJ Puk||MLB||Oakland
5.Matthew Liberatore||A+||St Louis
6.DL Hall||AA||Baltimore
7.Asa Lacy||DRAFT||Kansas City
8.Joey Wentz||AAA||Detroit
9.Tarik Skubal||AAA||Detroit
10.Brailyn Marquez||A+||Chicago Cubs
11.Shane McClanahan||AA||Tampa Bay
12.Reid Detmers||DRAFT||LA Angels
13.Daniel Lynch||AA||Kansas City
14.Ryan Weathers||A+||San Diego
15.Tucker Davidson||AAA||Atlanta
16.Zack Thompson||A+||St Louis
17.Nick Lodolo||A+||Cincinnati
18.Kyle Muller||AAA||Atlanta
19.Garrett Crochet||DRAFT||Texas
20.Kris Bubic||AA||Kansas City

It sounds like we are going to get to see MacKenzie Gore in San Diego pretty quickly in 2020. If its in the pen, we might see him consistently hit 100 during outings. I always talk about how the Cal League is an extreme hitters league, but Gore put up a stat line of 79.1 IP/1.02 ERA/2.38 FIP/12.48 K9/2.27 BB9. Gore is the best pitching prospect in baseball. Fastball-plus. Slider-plus. Curve-plus. Command-plus. Changeup-maybe plus? He's an ace. Jesus Luzardo is poised to be a crucial part of the Oakland As rotation this year. His fastball/slider combo might be better than Gore's. He could be an all star closer right now, and he might actually come out of the pen partly in 2020 since he has tested positive for COVID and that means no time table for his return. If its two weeks before he is back practicing, then Id definitely expect him in the pen this year. He still needs to work on a third pitch. His changeup is about major league average, and even if he doesnt improve it, he can be a very effective starter, but he can be a top of the rotation guy if he can improve the pitch. The As have another top lefty pitching prospect that should impact their big league club in 2020. AJ Puk is already 25 years old and has only thrown 36 innings since 2017. It shows just how good his stuff is, for him to be ranked his high at this age and with the injury history. Once the favorite for 1-1 in the 2016 draft, Puk can consistently show three plus pitches, but because of the lost time, command is lagging behind. He will be in the A's rotation for the 2020 season. Brendan McKay threw 49 innings for the Rays in 2019. Just one inning shy of not being on this list. He definitely showed a lot of good things during those innings, and its a little surprising that he doesnt have a guaranteed rotation spot when games start in a couple weeks. At 24 years old, he is extremely polished. There probably isnt one plus pitch in his four pitch arsenal, but all four are close to being above average pitches already, and the command has plus plus potential. If there is a top 50 prospect and he is traded after a stellar first full season, you have to ask why. If its the Rays that are the ones doing the trading, major red flags pop up in your mind. I was able to see a couple of starts from Matthew Liberatore this past year in Bowling Green, and I was nothing but impressed. The fastball, curve, and changeup are all there. He was a 19 year old kid so the command has to improve, and that is probably where the concern lies. Liberatore is a big kid already, so if he continues to grow, it might become harder and harder for him to show the command that will keep him in a rotation.

At 19 years old, DL Hall struck out almost 13 batter an inning and had a 3.22 FIP in High A FSL. He also walked 6 guys an inning. The command is not there. If it comes, Hall is a top 20 prospect. Ryan Weathers was the 7th overall pick in the 2018 draft. His numbers have been excellent so far in his career. He sat in the mid to high 80s for the second half of 2019, and if that continues, Weathers will fall off the list. Brailyn Marquez dominated Midwest League hitters in 2019 with a plus plus fastball. He was moved up to High A for the last month of the season, and was just as dominant. He's very raw though. Its a plus plus fastball, a sometimes major league average slider, and not much else. Im not anywhere close to being convinced that he is a major league starter, but the sky is the limit if he figures it out.

Tarik Skubal Stat Line/Toledo-AAA: 42.1 IP, 2.13 ERA/1.26 FIP, 17.43 K9, 3.83 BB9, 48.2 K%

SHORTSTOP
1.Wander Franco||AA||Tampa Bay
2.Royce Lewis||AA||Minnesota
3.Oneil Cruz||AA||Pittsburgh
4.Bobby Witt Jr||A||Kansas City
5.Marco Luciano||A||San Francisco
6.Jazz Chisholm||AAA||Miami
7.Austin Martin||DRAFT||Toronto
8.CJ Abrams||A||San Diego
9.Jose Garcia||AA||Cincinnati
10.Robert Puason||R||Oakland
11.Geraldo Perdomo||A+||Arizona
12.Ronny Mauricio||A+||NY Mets
13.Andres Gimenez||AA||NY Mets
14.Luis Garcia||AA||Washington
15.Taylor Walls||AAA||Tampa Bay
16.Ed Howard||DRAFT||Chicago Cubs
17.Gunnar Henderson||A-||Baltimore
18.Orelvis Martinez||A||Toronto
19.Noelvi Marte||A||Seattle
20.Freudis Nova||A||Houston

Wander Franco isnt a 80 prospect. 70 might be a stretch in my opinion. He is the top prospect in baseball but thats because of his age. I would put two other players with the same grade as him. He is a small, compact guy who has a body thats close to being maxed out unless he hits a growth spurt. I dont think power is coming. The speed doesnt really play in games. He's a good defender at short but I doubt its going to be Gold Glove caliber. Its the potential 80 bat. Maybe he does become this generations Tony Gwynn? Royce Lewis changed his swing last year, and it was disastrous. There are too many moving parts in the swing. He's still 1-1 talented, and has that IT factor, but he needs to bounce back. Oniel Cruz has tools that are almost video game like. He's 6'7 now and he played short exclusively last year in A+ and AA. He might just stick. 80 arm, maybe 80 raw power? He is still putting up 120 wRC+ in AA in basically a new body that he isnt fully used to. It might take a few years, but Cruz could be very special. Bobby Witt Jr is 20 years old and hasnt played full season yet. COVID is a *****. He should be able to rise fast, but losing this first full year out of high school could hurt bug time, because he could possibly be 21 in A ball next year. Marco Luciano could have been 18 years old in full season Augusta this year. As a 17 year old, he dominated AZL ball for a little over a month last year, and held his own in just over a week in Salem. Its possible he could move out of short, but the bat could be elite.

Jazz Chisholm's exit velocity is elite. When he hits the ball, its almost always hard. The problem is his contact rates. He strikes out way too much, but there were two silver linings in 2019. His walk rate went up to double digits for the whole season, and he was significantly better after his trade to Miami. If this trend continues,  he has the potential to be a above average shortstop with 20 HR power, and above average triple slash lines. Robert Puason was the best J2 prospect in 2019, and one of the best in the past five years. Puason stands out because he has been seen in game action, and not just in shorts in a batting cage, he is already a physical specimen and could continue to grow. He might outgrow short in a couple years, but the bat profile can be elite at any position on the diamond. Orelvis Martinez, Noelvi Marte, and Freudis Nova are three guys at the end of the list that are just now starting their careers in full season ball that have shown intriguing potential on the back fields for a couple years. Nova is the one that has played a full season in A ball but he probably has the lowest ceiling of the group. Marte is the better defender that will stick at short, but is probably the one thats a little farther away than the others. Orelvis Martinez could be moving off short soon. He doesnt have the defensive abilities to stick there, but his hitting profile can play at third or in the outfield. He's also the youngest by a few months.

CJ Abrams Stat Line/R-AZ Padres:.401/.442/.662, 3 HR, 12 2B, 8 3B, 14-20 SB, 6.4 BB%, 9.0 K%, .492 wOBA, 189 wRC+, 156 PA

CENTER FIELD
1.Jarred Kelenic||AAA||Seattle
2.Luis Robert||MLB||Chicago Sox
3.Cristian Pache||AAA||Atlanta
4.Drew Waters||AAA||Atlanta
5.Brandon Marsh||AAA||LA Angels
6.Travis Swaggerty||AA||Pittsburgh
7.Pete Crow-Armstrong||DRAFT||NY Mets
8.Corbin Carroll||A||Arizona
9.Jasson Dominguez||R||NY Yankees
10.Alek Thomas||A+||Arizona
11.Luis Matos||A-||San Francisco
12.Brennen Davis||A+||Chicago Cubs
13.Kevin Alcantara||R||NY Yankees
14.Josh Lowe||AAA||Tampa Bay
15.Monte Harrison||AAA||Miami
16.Leody Taveras||AA||Texas
17.Hunter Bishop||A+||San Francisco
18.Jordyn Adams||A+||LA Angels
19.Austin Hays||MLB||Baltimore
20.Randy Arozarena||AAA||Tampa Bay

Jarred Kelenic is going to join the 30/30 club in the majors early in his career. Physically, Kelenic is a beast. If you built a center fielder in a lab, this is what he would look like. The power is plus and blossoming. The speed is plus and he has an idea of what he is doing on the base paths already. The hit tool is the only thing lagging at the moment, and with how quickly he is progressing, it might be a plus tool within a year. Finally healthy, Luis Robert showed why the White Sox outbid everyone to bring him in from Cuba. + to ++ tools are everywhere not in the batters box during games. Raw power, speed, defense, arm. All elite. The in game hitting has been a concern. He swings and misses a lot, and it wasnt a issue last year in the minors, but if he takes that mindset to the majors, then all the flashy tools are for nothing. At 21 years old, Cristian Pache might have an argument for the best defender in all of baseball. He makes the impossible look easy. He is still trying to get there with the bat, and he did put up a 134 wRC+ as a 20 year old in AA, so he is improving. The bat is going to be the difference between a 10+ year career Gold Glove centerfielder and a three year starter in center and a defensive backup for the rest of his career. Drew Waters would be the centerfielder of the future for most organizations, but with Pache with the Braves, Waters will probably move to a corner in the majors. He had 49 XBH in AA last season, but only 5 were HRs. His power is definitely gap power, and I wouldnt expect that to change too much in the majors. Strike outs are the biggest issue right now. They have gradually risen with each stop, and they will be the biggest reason he doesnt make an impact at the next level. Brandon Marsh hasnt put up any flashy numbers in his three season in the Angels organization, but he continues to rise. He will probably get pushed over to right at the major league level because of his arm, and if that happens, more power needs to come. He is big at 6'4 2220, but the power is still locked inside his body. If all other tools are average to above average, the power will be the difference between a fringe starter and a possible all star.

In 2019, the Yankees gave almost all of their J2 pool money to one player. Jasson Dominguez. At the time, he was just 16 years old. He was given the money because at 16, he already has a sculpted body of someone much older. There could be plus power, plus speed, and a plus arm. Almost all the scouting community only saw him in BP or in workouts. He did not see much live pitching at all. He's also almost physically maxed out in his current form, so we really have no clue what this guy can do, and in a normal season, I wouldnt have any J2s or draftees on the list for this very reason. Austin Hays was drafted with little fan fair in the third round of the 2016 draft. He came out in 2017, and way maybe the best player in all of the minors. 32 home runs between two stops, .420 wOBA, and a 163 wRC+. He even got a cup of coffee that September with the team. He was possibly the future face of the franchise, but his awful 2018 killed all momentum, and he was off all prospect lists. 2019 wasnt that much better at the beginning, but he showed some signs in AAA, and he was once again called up in September. He caught eyes, and actually played well. Those meaningless games are now the reason Hays is expected to be the teams starting center fielder this year, and he could bat leadoff. I wouldnt expect him to be an all star, but he has shown flashes before.

Luis Matos Stat Line/R-AZ Giants:.362/.430/.570, 7 HR, 24 2B, 2 3B, 20-22 SB, 7.0 BB%, 11.1 K%, .471 wOBA, 171 wRC+, 270 PA

RIGHT HANDED PITCHER
1.Dustin May||MLB||LA Dodgers
2.Casey Mize||AAA||Detroit
3.Matt Manning||AAA||Detroit
4.Forrest Whitley||AA||Houston
5.Nate Pearson||AAA||Toronto
6.Luis Patino||AA||San Diego
7.Sixto Sanchez||AAA||Miami
8.Ian Anderson||AAA||Atlanta
9.Mitch Keller||MLB||Pittsburgh
10.Grayson Rodriguez||A+||Baltimore
11.Spencer Howard||AA||Philadelphia
12.Emerson Hancock||DRAFT||Seattle
13.Tony Gonsolin||AAA||LA Dodgers
14.Logan Gilbert||AAA||Seattle
15.Ethan Hankins||A||Cleveland
16.Josiah Gray||AA||LA Dodgers
17.Hunter Greene||INJ||Cincinnati
18.Deivi Garcia||AAA||NY Yankees
19.Brady Singer||AAA||Kansas City
20.Edward Cabrera||AA||Miami

If you built a right handed pitcher in a lab, Dustin May is what it would look like. He is 6'6 and just under 200 pounds. He looks extremely athletic. Has a frame that could probably put on 15 pounds or so. His delivery is effortless and the ball just explodes. Finally, lets not forget the attitude and cockiness that comes with those long red locks. Has potentially the best cutter since Mariano. The only thing that will keep Casey Mize from being a good starting pitcher, and a potential great one, is health. He wasnt a finished product at Auburn, but he was one of the more polished guys in the draft in the past decade. If it werent for injuries and Detroit being awful, he could have made his MLB debut already. That should happen in 2020, and hitters are going to see three plus offspeed pitches to go along with plus command. He hasnt averaged a K per hitter in the minors, and his fastball isnt going to intimidate hitters, so his plus secondary offerings are even more important. Mize's teammate, Matt Manning, is next on the list. Manning was the 9th overall pick in the 2016 draft, but its always seemed that he has been the overlooked pitcher since he's joined the organization. He might just be the best pitching prospect. He has been a two pitch pitcher for most of his minor league career, and both the fastball and curve are plus pitches. He's really started to develop the change up and the command has gotten better. He could be the future ace of the Detroit Tigers, not Casey Mize. Forrest Whitley's 2019 is the direct result of his 2018 suspension. He only threw 26 innings in 2018 because of the suspension. Of course injuries happened after he came back. They were there in 2019. COVID could be one of the best things for Whitley's baseball career. This forced rest could be great for him. When he is healthy, he is probably the most talented right handed prospect with five pitches that you would probably consider major league above average. He has to have a good 2021, or his career as a starter is probably over. Nate Pearson starts the second tier in my right handed rankings, and Im honestly not sure I really can justify him being this high, but the guys directly behind him(Patino/Sanchez/Anderson/Keller) all have some potential major issues. He has a 80 fastball and a plus slider, but thats the profile of a reliever. He's also pushing 250 pounds at 6'6 and its always worrisome that he will get bigger and the athleticism goes, and theres no control. The change up is getting better, and that's really the reason I have him here. I know he has a ton of question marks, but if he can keep improving, the sky could be the limit.

Tony Gonsolin is being slept on. The Dodgers have insane depth because this guy would 100% be in any other rotation in baseball. Yet, the Dodgers just sent him down to the minor camp. I saw him briefly last year in Nashville. He didnt pitch well, but you could see the ball just jump out of his hand. His best pitch is a splitter, and you see why when you watch him pitch. All of his pitches tunnel downward out of his hand. This is great for his two plus pitches, but I think its harmed his development of his slider. When its flashing, he looks like a good mid rotation starter, but when it isnt, he's a reliever. The pitch has gotten better over his career with the Dodgers, so Im optimistic in his future as a starter. Josiah Gray was converted to pitcher in college. He showed enough potential for the Reds to take him in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft, and he pitched well in rookie ball that summer. Unfortunately for the Reds, they traded him that offseason to the Dodgers, and in 2019, he threw 130 innings between three levels. As a 22 year old, he is poised to challenge for a major league spot maybe as early as 2021. The scary part is that since he was a conversion arm, he might not have even touched his potential. He's putting everything together so quickly, that we might not know his full potential for a couple of years.

Logan Gilbert Stat Line/A+-Modesto:62.1 IP, 1.73 ERA/2.62 FIP, 10.54 K9, 1.74 BB9

30.MILWAUKEE
1.Tristen Lutz||RF||AA
2.Garrett Mitchell||CF||DRAFT
3.Drew Rasmussen||RHP||AA
4.Mario Feliciano||C||AA
5.Brice Turang||SS||A+
6.Antoine Kelly||LHP||A
7.Ethan Small||LHP||A+
8.Aaron Ashby||LHP||AA
9.Corey Ray||CF||AAA
10.Freddy Zamora||SS||DRAFT

Player to Watch:Clayton Andrews||LHP/OF||AA

Top 100:1
Top 200:4

Two through ten, the Brewers have a better system than the Nationals, but the Nationals have a top 25 player. The Brewers best comes in at #100. I do like that they went risky in the 2020 draft and took the talented Garrett Mitchell and Freddy Zamora. It could blow up in their face, but they are at least trying to bring in high end talent to the organization.

29.WASHINGTON
1.Carter Kieboom||3B||MLB
2.Luis Garcia||SS||AA
3.Cade Cavalli||RHP||DRAFT
4.Jackson Rutledge||RHP||A+
5.Seth Romero||LHP||AA
6.Wil Crowe||RHP||AAA
7.Tim Cate||LHP||AA
8.Mason Denaburg||RHP||A
9.Drew Mendoza||1B||A+
10.Eddy Yean||RHP||A

PTW:Joan Adon||RHP||A+

Top 200:3

Carter Kieboom was the last position player the Nationals took in the first round of the draft. Since then its been pitcher after pitcher, and its early on a couple, but most are looking like back end of the rotation guys at best. They've also got less than expected from international guys like Luis Garica and Yasel Antuna so far in their careers.

28.BOSTON
1.Jeter Downs||2B||AAA
2.Noah Song||RHP||N/A
3.Tristan Casas||1B||A+
4.Bryan Mata||RHP||AA
5.Matthew Lugo||SS||A-
6.Gilberto Jimenez||CF||A
7.Thad Ward||RHP||AA
8.Bobby Dalbec||3B||AAA
9.Jarren Duran||OF||AA
10.Blaze Jordan||3B||DRAFT

PTW:Connor Wong||C/INF||AAA

Its not looking like Noah Song is going to get out of his commitment to flight school. Therefore, its going to be at least two years before we see Song on a professional diamond again. He will be 25. He would be a top 100 prospect if he were able to play in 2020. If it werent for the Mookie Betts trade, they would have the worst system in baseball. The 2020 drafting also didnt do much to add talent to the organization. I would be worried if I were a Red Sox fan.

27.COLORADO
1.Brendan Rodgers||2B||MLB
2.Ryan Vilade||3B||AA
3.Terrin Vavra||2B||A+
4.Zac Veen||RF||DRAFT
5.Ryan Rolison||LHP||AA
6.Michael Toglia||1B||A
7.Colton Welker||3B||AAA
8.Drew Romo||C||DRAFT
9.Aaron Schunk||3B||A
10.Sam Hilliard||RF||MLB

PTW:Ryan Feltner||RHP||A

Top 200:5

Colorado is a bad Nolan Arenado trade from putting themselves in a rebuild that will keep them from contention for half a decade. Rodgers, McMahon, Hampson, and other prospects have failed to gain much traction at the major league level, and recent picks are not living up to draft position. I did like them taking two higher upside type high schoolers early in the 2020 draft.

26.HOUSTON
1.Forrest Whitley||RHP||AAA
2.Abraham Toro||UTL||MLB/AAA
3.Freudis Nova||SS||A
4.Jose Urquidy||RHP||MLB
5.Cristian Javier||RHP||AAA
6.Alex Santos||RHP||DRAFT
7.Korey Lee||C||A
8.Bryan Abreu||RHP||MLB
9.Jeremy Pena||SS||AA
10.Jairo Solis||RHP||A

PTW:Jojanse Torres||RHP||AA

Houston has graduated talent better than any other organization over the past five plus years, and with success on the field, it leads to worse draft picks, and their 2017 and 2018 first round picks have already been traded, so the farm isnt stocked at the moment. Arms like Urquidy, Javier, and Abreu are intriguing, and with Houston's track record with pitchers, they could be impacting the big league club in 2020.

25.TEXAS
1.Nick Solak||INF||MLB
2.Justin Foscue||2B||DRAFT
3.Josh Jung||3B||A+
4.Leody Taveras||CF||AA
5.Yerry Rodriguez||RHP||A+
6.Sam Huff||C||AA
7.Sherten Apostel||3B||A+
8.Cole Winn||RHP||A+
9.Hans Crouse||RHP||A+
10.Heriberto Hernandez||C||A

PTW:Demarcus Evans||RHP||AA

Top 200:7

Whether its injuries or developmental issues, the Rangers have had problems getting the most out of their highly drafted high school picks in recent years. Bubba Thompson, Cole Ragans, Chis Seise, and Owen White. Highly drafted high schoolers over the past few years that arent on their top 10 list. It does look like the philosophy has changed because they have gone college bats the past two years. This change in philosophy could be what they need to replenish their talent because Ive liked both the Josh Jung and Justin Foscue picks in the first the past two years.

24.PHILADELPHIA
1.Alec Bohm||3B||AAA
2.Spencer Howard||RHP||AA
3.Mick Abel||RHP||DRAFT
4.Bryson Stott||SS||A
5.Luis Garcia||SS||A
6.Francisco Morales||RHP||A+
7.Mickey Moniak||CF||AAA
8.Kendall Simmons||2B||A
9.Adonis Medina||RHP||AAA
10.Johan Rojas||CF||A

PTW:Andrew Schultz||RHP||A+

Top 100:2

Alec Bohm and Spencer Howard look like they are going to be successful early draft picks from the Phillies in the 2017 and 2018 drafts. Bryson Stott and Mick Abel are their first round picks from the past two drafts, and they look like they could have bright futures with the organization as well. After that, there isnt much else. They have really struggled in bringing home grown talent, and you can see it towards the back end of their major league roster, and in the organizational rankings.

23.NY Yankees
1.Deivi Garcia||RHP||AAA
2.Jasson Dominguez||CF||R
3.Kevin Alcantara||CF||R
4.Canaan Smith||LF||A+
5.Clarke Schmidt||RHP||AA
6.Estevan Florial||CF||A+
7.Austin Wells||C||DRAFT
8.Luis Gil||RHP||A+
9.Ezequiel Duran||2B||A
10.Anthony Volpe||SS||A-

PTW:Ryder Green||RF||A

Top 200:6

#16 is the highest the Yankees have drafted in the past decade. The low picks, and bad drafting, have attributed to the team really focusing on the international market. Six of their top ten, and the top three, prospects all have come from overseas. They have really put a lot of resources in finding players. They are only ranked #23 this year, but if the young kids can live up to some of the hype, they will rise quickly.

22.CLEVELAND
1.Ethan Hankins||RHP||A
2.Nolan Jones||3B||AAA
3.George Valera||LF||A
4.Daniel Johnson||RF||AAA
5.Triston McKenzie||RHP||INJ
6.Tyler Freeman||SS||AA
7.Bryan Rocchio||SS||A
8.Bo Naylor||C||A+
9.Aaron Bracho||2B||A
10.James Karinchak||RHP||MLB

PTW:Cody Morris||RHP||AA

Low ceiling contact hitters, and high ceiling hard throwers. That seems to be what Cleveland has been drafting lately. Pitching wise, they are one of the best at developing arms, but recent injuries to Hankins, McKenzie, and Lenny Torres have hurt, and with them all losing 2020, who knows where they will be next year. Their bats? If Nolan Jones can unlock his power in games,  a Joey Gallo type profile is possible. Tyler Freeman is a singles hitting machine, and they young international guys will be starting their journey in full season ball soon.

21.LA ANGELS
1.Jo Adell||CF||AAA
2.Brandon Marsh||RF||AAA
3.Reid Detmers||LHP||DRAFT
4.Jeremiah Jackson||SS||A
5.Jordyn Adams||CF||A+
6.Patrick Sandoval||LHP||MLB
7.Kyren Paris||SS||R
8.D'Shawn Knowles||CF||A
9.Jahmai Jones||2B||AAA
10.David Calabrese||CF||DRAFT

PTW:Jared Walsh||1B/LHP||MLB

You take out Jo Adell, and the Angels system looks a lot like Washington's. They traded their 2019 first round pick in a salary dump. Scouts have been fired. It doesnt seem like Artie Moreno wants to spend money below the major league level. I do like their strategy of drafting uber athletes that are raw baseball players. Its worked with Adell and Marsh, but recent picks in Jackson, Adams,  and Paris havent done enough so far in their professional careers.

20.KANSAS CITY
1.Bobby Witt Jr||SS||A
2.Asa Lacy||LHP||DRAFT
3.Brady Singer||RHP||AAA
4.Jackson Kowar||RHP||AAA
5.Daniel Lynch||LHP||AA
6.Khalil Lee||RF||AAA
7.Kris Bubic||LHP||AA
8.Kyle Isbel||LF||AA
9.Erick Pena||CF||R
10.Jonathan Bowlan||RHP||AA

PTW:Wilmin Candelario||SS||R

Top 100:3

A once promising system dealt with almost nothing but failure from their hitting prospects in 2019. Catcher MJ Melendez hit .161 with a 39% K rate in High A Wilmington. First baseman Nick Pratto hit .191 with a 34% K rate in Wilmington. Kyle Isbel was all the way up to .216 in 214 plate appearances while playing for the Blue Rocks, and Seuly Matias stuck out 44% of the time and only had 4 home runs after hitting 31 in 94 games in 2018. On the pitching side, all four college pitchers drafted in the first round in 2018 had solid seasons. Singer looks to be the best of the group, but none have huge stuff, and are more than likely back end of the rotation guys.

19.CHICAGO CUBS
1.Nico Hoerner||2B||AAA
2.Brailyn Marquez||LHP||A+
3.Miguel Amaya||C||AA
4.Brennen Davis||CF||A+
5.Ed Howard||SS||DRAFT
6.Adbert Alzolay||RHP||AAA/MLB
7.Cory Abbott||RHP||AAA
8.Chase Strumpf||2B||A
9.Cole Roederer||LF||A+
10.Ryan Jensen||RHP||A

PTW:Michael McAvenue||RHP||A

Top 100:4

The Cubs are slowly building a system built by position players that have exciting profiles with potentially high ceilings. At the beginning of the 2018 draft, they used picks on Nico Hoerner, Brennen Davis, and Cole Roederer. Chase Strumpf was taken in the second round of the 2019 draft, and the Cubs selected the exciting home town kid in Ed Howard a month ago. The organization is definitely better in developing position players, and thats definitely shown all the way up to the major league level, and probably wont change until the stop taking low ceiling college pitchers.

18.CINCINNATI
1.Jose Garcia||SS||AA
2.Hunter Greene||RHP||A+
3.Austin Hendrick||RF||DRAFT
4.Tyler Stephenson||C||AAA
5.Nick Lodolo||LHP||A+
6.Jonathan India||3B||AA
7.Michael Siani||CF||A+
8.Lyon Richardson||RHP||A+
9.Tony Santillan||RHP||AAA
10.Tyler Callihan||2B||A

PTW:Noah Davis||RHP||A

Jose Garcia came over from Cuba as a solid prospect. Glove first with bat potential if he grows into his body more, and develops naturally. Even if the bat doesnt come as far as many hope, he will still be a starting shortstop in the majors because of his glove and arm. Garcia started turning heads with the bat in 2019 when he put up a 131 wRC+ in the Florida State League, and followed that with a solid AFL. He really moved up from a fringe top 100 guy, to the best player in the system with the way he handled playing during Spring Training. The results arent what we are really looking at. Its the tools that he is starting to show with the bat. 55 in game power would send him to multiple all star games.

17.NY METS
1.Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||DRAFT
2.Mark Vientos||3B||A+
3.Ronny Mauricio||SS||A+
4.Andres Gimenez||SS||AAA
5.Francisco Alvarez||C||A
6.Brett Baty||3B||A
7.JT Ginn||RHP||DRAFT
8.Matthew Allan||RHP||A-
9.Thomas Szapucki||LHP||AA
10.Shervyen Newton||SS||A

PTW:Carlos Cortes||2B||AA

The Mets have an interesting system because of the philosophies that they use. Mark Vientos was 17 1/2 when he was drafted in 2017 and played as a 19 year old all season in A ball. Ronny Mauricio turned 18 a week before the season last year and he also spent the whole season in the Sally League. The organization did the same thing with Andres Giminez. Full season A as a 18 year old, and as a result, spent 2019 in AA as a 20 year old. They are pushing their kids, and they are responding pretty well. The numbers arent gaudy, but they are great for their age, and solid overall. We still really dont know what we have with these kids because of such an age gap at every stop.

16.TORONTO
1.Austin Martin||SS||DRAFT
2.Nate Pearson||RHP||AAA
3.Jordan Groshans||3B||A
4.Simeon Woods-Richardson||RHP||A+
5.Orelvis Martinez||3B||A
6.Alek Manoah||RHP||A+
7.Gabriel Moreno||C||A+
8.Alejandro Kirk||C||AA
9.Kendall Williams||RHP||A
10.CJ Van Eyk||RHP||DRAFT

PTW:Will Robertson||RF||A

After losing two top ten prospects to eligibility last year and another two solid guys in Biggio and Jansen, the Blue Jays are still showing some nice talent at the top of their system. Depth has taken a hit, and that shows with them at #16, but they have done a pretty good job of drafting the past couple years and development is going well with a number of guys sticking in the majors, so there is no reason to think they wont be back in the top ten in a year.

15.OAKLAND
1.Jesus Luzardo||LHP||MLB
2.AJ Puk||LHP||MLB
3.Sean Murphy||C||MLB
4.Robert Puason||SS||R
5.Tyler Soderstrom||C||DRAFT
6.Sheldon Neuse||3B/2B||AAA
7.James Kaprielian||RHP||AAA
8.Daulton Jefferies||RHP||AAA
9.Jordan Diaz||3B||A
10.Nick Allen||SS||AA

PTW:Hogan Harris||LHP||AA

Here are Oakland's first and second round picks from 2015-2019. Richie Martin-Florida, Mikey White-Alabama, AJ Puk-Florida, Daulton Jefferies-Cal, Logan Shore-Florida, Austin Beck-HS, Kevin Merrell-S Florida, Greg Deichmann-LSU, Kyler Murray-Oklahoma, Jeremy Eierman-Missouri State, Logan Davidson-Clemson, Tyler Baum-North Carolina. AJ Puk is the only outlier. He cost money and he was high ceiling. Everyone else on the list? Not so much. 2020s first pick is different. Tyler Soderstrom is a high schooler with nice tools, and is a needed infusion of talent. The rest of the 2020 draft was once again big school college players. Once Luzardo, Puk, and Murphy graduates in 2020, the system will be close to bare.

14.BALTIMORE
1.Adley Rutschman||C||AA
2.DL Hall||LHP||AA
3.Grayson Rodriguez||RHP||A+
4.Gunnar Henderson||SS||A-
5.Ryan Mountcastle||1B/LF||MLB
6.Austin Hays||CF||MLB
7.Heston Kjerstad||RF||DRAFT
8.Zac Lowther||LHP||AAA
9.Jordan Westburg||SS||DRAFT
10.Yusniel Diaz||LF||AAA

PTW:Drew Rom||LHP||A+

Not spending money has been a big issue in Baltimore. From not spending in the international market for years, to going underslot at #2 this year, and then not using the savings to get higher ceiling players that many were targeting because of money demands. Thats the reason the Orioles arent a top ten organization. Rutschman, Hall, and Rodriguez are a very good top three. Ive loved Henderson's potential since the 19 draft, and he should be in full season ball soon, and Mountcastle and Hays look like they could be major league contributors. That top six has come a long way in the past couple years, but the lack of talent that they brought to the team in the 2020 draft sees them here because they are thin behind their top prospects.

13.MINNESOTA
1.Royce Lewis||SS||AA
2.Alex Kirilloff||1B||AAA
3.Trevor Larnach||RF||AA
4.Jordan Balazovic||RHP||AA
5.Ryan Jeffers||C||AA
6.Jhoan Duran||RHP||AA
7.Keoni Cavaco||3B||A-
8.Lewis Thorpe||LHP||MLB
9.Brent Rooker||1B||AAA
10.Aaron Sabato||1B||DRAFT

PTW:Cole Sands||RHP||AA

Minnesota is a very well run organization. When I look at this top 10, besides Lewis, I dont see "wow" tools. Its a little like their major league team. Its a bunch of guys that are maxing out what they have in their bodies. These are good players. Good depth. The organization has slipped a little in the past year. Some of the shine has worn off their top two players. Lewis had a great AFL, but his 2019 season was very disappointing, and his swing needs a major overhaul, and Alex Kirilloff cooled off after a great 2018. He's also started the move to first, and thats going to hurt your stock, especially if the power continues to struggle.

12.ST LOUIS
1.Dylan Carlson||LF||AAA
2.Matthew Liberatore||LHP||A+
3.Nolan Gorman||3B||A+
4.Ivan Herrera||C||A+
5.Andrew Knizner||C||MLB
6.Zack Thompson||LHP||A+
7.Jhon Torres||RF||A
8.Jordan Walker||3B||DRAFT
9.Lane Thomas||CF||MLB
10.Elhuris Montero||3B||A+

PTW:Mateo Gil||S||A

I would like to talk about how much I hate the Cardinals. In 2019, they took Tre Fletcher in the second round of the draft. No big deal. A reclassified kid from Maine with a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Many stayed away from him because of him being a cold weather guy, a reclassification, and Vandy keeps a lot of their kids. The Cardinals took a chance, and he signed for 1.5 million. He immediately overmatched the GCL, and was sent to the Appalachian League as a young 18 year old. He wasnt great. Stuck out almost 45% of the time, but the tools are so loud. We still arent sure what we are getting with him, since he is still very raw, but he is a kid that could be labeled with 60s in power, speed, and arm in the future, and the Cardinals could come out laughing.

11.PITTSBURGH
1.Oneil Cruz||SS||AA
2.Mitch Keller||RHP||MLB
3.Travis Swaggerty||RF||AA
4.Ke'Bryan Hayes||3B||AAA
5.Tahnaj Thomas||RHP||A
6.Nick Gonzalez||SS||DRAFT
7.Quinn Priester||RHP||A-
8.Brennan Malone||RHP||A-
9.Jared Jones||RHP||DRAFT
10.Jared Oliva||CF||AAA

PTW:Mason Martin||1B||AA

During his tenure as GM of the Red Sox, Ben Cherington acquired a lot of the talent that has led the team to success over the past few years. His new job is to rebuild the Pirates. The cupboard is not bare, so hopefully his new staff can get their top prospects back on track after years of stagnation. I wasnt a huge fan of his first draft in June. Jared Jones, the lone high schooler, is the most intriguing guy, and best pick. I dont love any of the five college players taken, and both Gonzalez and Mlodzinski were both drafted on 2019 Cape performances. I think there is a likely hood both those picks crash and burn.

10.ARIZONA
1.Daulton Varsho||C||AAA
2.Geraldo Perdomo||SS||A+
3.Kristian Robinson||RF||A
4.Corbin Carroll||CF||A
5.Alek Thomas||CF||A+
6.Corbin Martin||RHP||INJ
7.Bryce Jarvis||RHP||DRAFT
8.Blake Walston||LHP||A-
9.Seth Beer||1B||AAA
10.Levi Kelly||RHP||A+

PTW:Blaze Alexander||2B/SS||A+

Top 100:5

The Diamondbacks have done a great job the past few years of building a system that was destroyed by past front offices. I really like how they seems to go after the best possible players through the draft, and not just sticking to a certain profile. Thats really helped to build depth throughout all levels. The only major negative is that most of these guys that look like potential major league contributors are in lower levels. Daulton Varsho and the trio that they got from the Astros in the Grienke trade last year are really the only guys in the upper level of the minors that could contribute soon.

9.CHI WHITE SOX
1.Luis Robert||CF||MLB
2.Andrew Vaughn||1B||AA
3.Nick Madrigal||2B||AAA
4.Jared Kelly||RHP||DRAFT
5.Michael Kopech||RHP||AAA
6.Garrett Crochet||LHP||DRAFT
7.Jonathan Stiever||RHP||AA
8.Dane Dunning||RHP||AA
9.Zack Collins||C/DH||MLB
10.Matthew Thompson||RHP||A-

PTW:Benyamin Bailey||LF||A-

I dont think there was another team that benefited more from a good 2020 draft than the White Sox. Between players graduating, injuries, and underperformance, the system has suffered recently. Jared Kelly was drafted with the 47th pick. I had him as a top 10 player, and the best high school arm in the draft. He immediately adds a top 100 player. Their first round pick, Garrett Crochet, was himself a top 15 player in the draft, and adds another big time arm to the organization. You will see that I do not have Michael Kopech as a top 100 player anymore. With him opting out, he will miss another year of development. I think its pretty apparent that he is going to be a high leverage reliever soon.

8.SAN FRANCISCO
1.Joey Bart||C||AA
2.Marco Luciano||SS||A
3.Heliot Ramos||RF||AA
4.Luis Matos||CF||A-
5.Patrick Bailey||C||DRAFT
6.Hunter Bishop||CF||A+
7.Will Wilson||SS||A
8.Logan Webb||RHP||MLB
9.Seth Corry||LHP||A+
10.Alexander Canario||RF||A

PTW:Grant McCray||CF||A-

Top 200:8

I do not believe the Giants had a top 100 prospect when they drafted Heliot Ramos in the first round in 2017. Just three years later, they have a system full of hitters that is the envy of all other organizations. For them to take that next step, the need to start developing pitching a little better. In 2019, their first pitcher was taken in round 8, and a pitcher wasnt taken until their third pick in 2020. Logan Webb and Seth Corry are their top pitching prospects, but both really look to be back end of the rotation guys, or relievers.

7.ATLANTA
1.Cristian Pache||CF||AAA
2.Drew Waters||CF||AAA
3.Ian Anderson||RHP||AAA
4.Shea Langeliers||C||A+
5.William Contreras||C||AA
6.Kyle Wright||RHP||MLB
7.Tucker Davidson||LHP||AAA
8.Kyle Muller||LHP||AAA
9.Jasseel De La Cruz||RHP||AA
10.Michael Harris||CF||A

PTW:Bryce Ball||1B||A+

Top 100-5
Top 200-9

The Braves had 4.127 million dollars to spend on their four picks in the 2020 draft. They ended up spending 3.997, or just about 130k under. What did they get for their 4 million? Not a top 20 prospect in the system, and maybe not a top 25 prospect. They selected 156 in the fifth round. Slot was 336k. They selected Bryce Elder, junior from Texas. I never once mocked him in a draft. MLB.com had him 109th overall, and Fangraphs had him at 134. The Braves gave him 847k.

6.MIAMI
1.Jazz Chisholm||SS||AAA
2.Sixto Sanchez||RHP||AAA
3.JJ Bleday||RF||A+
4.Edward Cabrera||RHP||AA
5.Monte Harrison||CF||AAA
6.Lewin Diaz||1B||AAA
7.Peyton Burdick||RF||A+
8.Max Meyer||RHP||DRAFT
9.Braxton Garrett||LHP||AA
10.Jesus Sanchez||RF||AAA

PTW:Jerar Encarnacion||LF||A+

Top 100-4
Top 200-11

If Miami would have taken Austin Martin instead of Mac Meyer, they'd be tied with Detroit as the only teams to have four top 50 players. Meyer is still a fine prospect. I still worry about his size and effort, but he was one of the three best pitchers in college baseball this past short season. Watch out for Braxton Garrett and Trevor Rodgers. Two forgotten first round picks that were finally healthy in 2019. Both are another healthy year away from becoming real prospects again, but both have mid-rotation type stuff.

5.SEATTLE
1.Jarred Kelenic||CF||AAA
2.Julio Rodriguez||LF||AA
3.Emerson Hancock||RHP||DRAFT
4.Logan Gilbert||RHP||AAA
5.Evan White||1B||MLB
6.Noveli Marte||SS||A
7.Kyle Lewis||RF||MLB
8.George Kirby||RHP||A+
9.Justin Dunn||RHP||MLB
10.Juan Then||RHP||A

PTW:Carter Bins||C||A

Seattle is the last team that I will mention that was one of the worst systems a few years ago, but with some good drafting, signing, and trading, they have shot up rankings and are building a type of depth that we saw from Houston, the Cubs, and Atlanta in the past few years. They've done a great job through drafting college players, international free agents, and some timely trades. In a year, I do think I could look back at George Kirby's ranking and wonder why I had him so low. No walks in 23 innings last year after drafted. You have a potential 70+ command from Kirby. Even with some average breaking balls, the command could skyrocket his value.

4.LA DODGERS
1.Gavin Lux||2B||MLB
2.Dustin May||RHP||MLB
3.Tony Gonsolin||RHP||AAA
4.Keibert Ruiz||C||AAA
5.Josiah Gray||RHP||AA
6.Diego Cartaya||C||A
7.Brusdar Graterol||RHP||MLB
8.Andy Pages||CF||A
9.Jacob Amaya||SS||A+
10.Miguel Vargas||3B||AA

PTW:Michael Grove||RHP||AA

The Dodgers front office constantly gets love for developing all star talent, making great trades, and having almost unlimited resources. Im going to go a different way. I think cracks are showing in the drafting side. 2017-Jeren Kendall, 2018-JT Ginn, 2019-Kody Hoese/Michael Busch, 2020-Bobby Miller. These are the first round picks from the organization the past few years. None are in the organization top ten. Its still early for Hoese, Busch, and Miller, but LA has been taking much lower ceiling college guys in the draft lately. The bad news for opponents is the international side has stepped up and they have a wave of 18/19/20 years old coming that could mask any deficiencies in other parts of the organization.

3.SAN DIEGO
1.MacKenzie Gore||LHP||AA
2.Luis Patino||RHP||AA
3.CJ Abrams||SS||A
4.Robert Hassell||RF||DRAFT
5.Taylor Trammell||LF||AA
6.Luis Campusano||C||AA
7.Cole Wilcox||RHP||DRAFT
8.Ryan Weathers||LHP||A+
9.Adrian Morejon||LHP||AA
10.Yeison Santana||SS||A

PTW:Gabriel Arias||SS||AA

Top 200:9

Using knee jerk reactions and for prospect ranking purposes, the San Diego Padres had the best draft in 2020. Going by my draft rankings, they drafted the #5 player, the #12 player, the #30 player, and a intriguing top 100 outfielder from Canada. AJ Preller is a aggressive GM and took a chance drafting these kids, and he was able to make it work. He has this organization still in the top three after graduating four top 50 prospects in the past couple of seasons, and has the team poised for their first winning season in a decade.

2.DETROIT
1.Casey Mize||RHP||AAA
2.Matt Manning||RHP||AAA
3.Spencer Torkelson||3B/1B||DRAFT
4.Riley Greene||RF||A+
5.Joey Wentz||LHP||AAA
6.Tarik Skubal||LHP||AAA
7.Alex Faedo||RHP||AAA
8.Isaac Paredes||3B||AAA
9.Dillon Dingler||C||DRAFT
10.Daz Cameron||CF||AAA

PTW:Jose De La Cruz||RF||A

Top 100:6

The Padres might have had the best draft in 2020, but the Tigers had my favorite. They have six starting pitchers that could be in the majors in 2020/2021. So they know that their opening will be starting soon. They didnt have any high end talent on the hitting side in the high majors. What did they do? They took college hitters with their first five picks, and they didnt take low ceiling guys. Torkelson, Dingler, and Cabrera were all high performers in college that have advanced hitting tools that were ranked in the top 50. Trei Cruz was a sophomore eligible shortstop with an intriguing profile, and Gage Workman was a young junior with plus power from Arizona State. The team had a specific need, and they attacked it in the draft. I wish more GMs did that.

1.TAMPA BAY
1.Wander Franco||SS||AA
2.Brendan McKay||LHP||MLB
3.Vidal Brujan||2B||AAA
4.Shane McClanahan||LHP||AA
5.Ronaldo Hernandez||C||AA
6.Shane Baz||RHP||A+
7.Josh Lowe||CF||AAA
8.Brent Honeywell||RHP||INJ
9.Taylor Walls||SS||AAA
10.Nick Bitsko||RHP||DRAFT

PTW:Niko Hulsizer||LF||A+

Top 100:6
Top 200:12

In the past year, the Rays have traded away Matthew Liberatore and Nick Solak. Both are in my top 100 list. Yet, they still have six guys in the top 100, and thats not including Xavier Edwards, who I am very low on compared to most everyone else. Basically, Tampa has too much talent. They are in a numbers crunch on the 40 man every year, and they have to make decisions, and they have been correct decisions more times than not. So dont expect Wander Franco to surprisingly make his debut this summer. He doesnt have to be on the 40 man until December, and the team currently has 42 guys on the roster.

Edited by devils1854
  • Like 2

200-176

176.Will Wilson||SS||San Francisco
177.Mick Abel||RHP||Philadelphia
178.George Kirby||RHP||Seattle
176.Keoni Cavaco||3B||Minnesota
180.Trevor Rogers||LHP||Miami

181.Corbin Martin||RHP||Arizona
182.Brayan Rocchio||SS||Cleveland
183.Garrett Mitchell||CF||Milwaukee
184.Estevan Florial||CF||NY Yankees
185.Jorge Guzman||RHP||Miami
186.Yerry Rodriguez||RHP||Texas
187.Jonathan India||3B||Cincinnati
188.Drew Rasmussen||RHP||Milwaukee
189.Adbert Alzolay||RHP||Chicago Cubs
190.Jhon Torres||RF||St Louis

191.Mario Feliciano||C||Milwaukee
192.Brett Baty||3B||NY Mets
193.Sam Huff||C||Texas
194.Ryan Rolison||LHP||Colorado
195.Adrian Morejon||LHP||San Diego
196.Bryson Stott||SS||Philadelphia
197.Sherten Apostel||3B||Texas
198.Jonathan Stiever||RHP||Chicago Sox
199.Jasseel De La Cruz||RHP||Atlanta
200.Luis Garcia||SS||Philadelphia

Best Glove:Luis Garcia
Best Arm:Estevan Florial
Best Hit tool:Brayan Rocchio
Best Raw Power:Sam Huff
Best Speed:Garrett Mitchell
Best Fastball:Drew Rasmussen
Best Offspeed:Adbert Alzolay(Curve)
Best Command:George Kirby
Most Likely Closer:Jorge Guzman

151.Garrett Crochet||LHP||Chicago Sox
152.Jeremiah Jackson||SS||LA Angels
153.Leody Taveras||CF||Texas
154.Hunter Bishop||CF||San Francisco
155.Jose Urquidy||RHP||Houston
156.Tyler Freeman||SS||Cleveland
157.Cristian Javier||RHP||Houston
158.Zac Veen||RF||Colorado
159.Jordyn Adams||CF||LA Angels
160.Nick Bitsko||RHP||Tampa Bay

161.Bryan Mata||RHP||Boston
162.Austin Hays||CF||Baltimore
163.Nick Gonzalez||SS||Pittsburgh
164.Randy Arozarena||CF||Tampa Bay
165.Clarke Schmidt||RHP||NY Yankees
166.Xavier Edwards||SS||Tampa Bay
167.Cade Cavalli||RHP||Washington
168.Kris Bubic||LHP||Kansas City
169.Andy Pages||CF||LA Dodgers
170.Heston Kjerstad||RF||Baltimore

171.Quinn Priester||RHP||Pittsburgh
172.Max Meyer||RHP||Miami
173.Braxton Garrett||LHP||Miami
174.Logan Webb||RHP||San Francisco
175.Jesus Sanchez||RF||Miami

Best Glove:Leody Tavares
Best Arm:Andy Pages
Best Hit Tool:Tyler Freeman
Best Raw Power:Hunter Bishop
Best Speed:Xavier Edwards
Best Fastball:Garrett Crochet
Best Offspeed:Max Meyer(Slider)
Best Command:Jose Uriquidy
Most Likely Closer:Max Meyer

126.Patrick Bailey||C||San Francisco
127.Kyle Lewis||RF||Seattle
128.Cole Wilcox||RHP||San Diego
129.Terrin Vavra||2B||Colorado
130.Ryan Weathers||LHP||San Diego

131.Abraham Toro||3B||Houston
132.Ed Howard||SS||Chicago Cubs
133.Tucker Davidson||LHP||Atlanta
134.Gunnar Henderson||SS||Baltimore
135.Isaac Paredes||3B||Detroit
136.Zack Thompson||LHP||St Louis
137.Ryan Mountcastle||1B/LF||Baltimore
138.Tristan Casas||1B||Boston
139.Peyton Burdick||RF||Miami
140.Nick Lodolo||LHP||Cincinnati

141.Tyler Soderstrom||C||Oakland
142.Orelvis Martinez||SS||Toronto
143.Daniel Johnson||RF||Cleveland
144.Brusdar Graterol||RHP||LA Dodgers
145.Noveli Marte||SS||Seattle
146.Khalil Lee||RF||Kansas City
147.Triston McKenzie||RHP||Cleveland
148.Freudis Nova||SS||Houston
149.Kyle Muller||LHP||Atlanta
150.Canaan Smith||LF||NY Yankees

Best Glove:Ed Howard
Best Arm:Daniel Johnson
Best Hit Tool:Terrin Vavra
Best Raw Power:Kyle Lewis
Best Speed:Daniel Johnson
Best Fastball:Brusdar Graterol
Best Offspeed:Zack Thompson(Curve)
Best Command:Ryan Weathers
Most Likely Closer:Kyle Muller

101.Diego Cartaya||C||LA Dodgers
102.Kyle Wright||RHP||Atlanta
103.Kevin Alcantara||CF||NY Yankees
104.Luis Campusano||C||San Diego
105.Josh Lowe||CF||Tampa Bay
106.Jordan Balazovic||RHP||Minnesota
107.Justin Foscue||2B||Texas
108.Luis Garcia||SS||Washington
109.Reid Detmers||LHP||LA Angels
110.Brent Honeywell||RHP||Tampa Bay

111.Ryan Vilade||3B||Colorado
112.Jhoan Duran||RHP||Minnesota
113.Josh Jung||3B||Texas
114.Monte Harrison||CF||Miami
115.Andrew Knizner||C||St Louis
116.Taylor Walls||SS||Tampa Bay
117.Francisco Alvarez||C||NY Mets
118.Lewin Diaz||1B||Miami
119.George Valera||LF||Cleveland
120.Michael Kopech||RHP||Chicago Sox

121.Ryan Jeffers||C||Minnesota
122.Tahnaj Thomas||RHP||Pittsburgh
123.Jackson Kowar||RHP||Kansas City
124.Daniel Lynch||LHP||Kansas City
125.Alex Faedo||RHP||Detroit

Best Glove:Monte Harrison
Best Arm:Monte Harrison
Best Hit Tool:Taylor Walls
Best Raw Power:Diego Cartaya
Best Speed:Monte Harrison
Best Fastball:Michael Kopech
Best Offspeed:Jackson Kowar(Changeup)
Best Command:Jordan Balazovic
Most Likely Closer:Michael Kopech

76.Austin Hendrick||RF||Cincinnati
77.Joey Wentz||LHP||Detroit
78.Tarik Skubal||LHP||Detroit
79.Jasson Dominguez||CF||NY Yankees
80.Shea Langeliers||C||Atlanta

81.Brailyn Marquez||LHP||Chicago Cubs
82.Alek Thomas||CF||Arizona
83.Nolan Jones||3B||Cleveland
84.Ronny Mauricio||SS||NY Mets
85.Ronaldo Hernandez||C||Tampa Bay
86.Brady Singer||RHP||Kansas City
87.Ivan Herrera||C||St Louis
88.Shane McClanahan||LHP||Tampa Bay
89.Tyler Stephenson||C||Cincinnati
90.Edward Cabrera||RHP||Miami

91.Miguel Amaya||C||Chicago Cubs
92.Luis Matos||CF||San Francisco
93.Simeon Woods-Richardson||RHP||Toronto
94.William Contreras||C||Atlanta
95.Brennen Davis||CF||Chicago Cubs
96.Andres Gimenez||SS||NY Mets
97.Nick Solak||3B/1B||Texas
98.Shane Baz||RHP||Tampa Bay
99.Jared Kelly||RHP||Chicago Sox
100.Tristen Lutz||RF||Milwaukee

Best Glove:Shea Langeliers
Best Arm:Ronaldo Hernandez
Best Hit Tool:Nick Solak
Best Raw Power:Tyler Stephenson
Best Speed:Luis Matos
Best Fastball:Brailyn Marquez
Best Offspeed:Joey Wentz(Changeup)
Best Command:Brady Singer
Most Likely Closer:Shane McClanahan

51.Spencer Howard||RHP||Philadelphia
52.Robert Puason||SS||Oakland
53.Emerson Hancock||RHP||Seattle
54.Travis Swaggerty||CF||Pittsburgh
55.Ke'Bryan Hayes||3B||Pittsburgh
56.Jordan Groshans||3B||Toronto
57.Trevor Larnach||RF||Minnesota
58.Jeter Downs||2B||Boston
59.Tony Gonsolin||RHP||LA Dodgers
60.Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||NY Mets

61.Logan Gilbert||RHP||Seattle
62.Ethan Hankins||RHP||Cleveland
63.Keibert Ruiz||C||LA Dodgers
64.Geraldo Perdomo||SS||Arizona
65.Robert Hassell||RF||San Diego
66.Taylor Trammell||LF||San Diego
67.Kristian Robinson||RF||Arizona
68.Mark Vientos||3B||NY Mets
69.Evan White||1B||Seattle
70.Brendan Rodgers||2B||Colorado

71.Josiah Gray||RHP||LA Dodgers
72.Hunter Greene||RHP||Cincinnati
73.Corbin Carroll||CF||Arizona
74.Deivi Garcia||RHP||NY Yankees
75.Asa Lacy||LHP||Kansas City

Best Glove:Ke'Bryan Hayes
Best Arm:Ke'Bryan Hayes
Best Hit Tool:Keibert Ruiz
Best Raw Power:Jordan Groshans
Best Speed:Corbin Carroll
Best Fastball:Hunter Greene
Best Offspeed:Tony Gonsolin(Split)
Best Command:Logan Gilbert
Most Likely Closer:Hunter Greene

26.Austin Martin||SS||Toronto
27.Nate Pearson||RHP||Toronto
28.Luis Patino||RHP||San Diego
29.Spencer Torkelson||3B/1B||Detroit
30.Nico Hoerner||2B||Chicago Cubs

31.Alex Kirilloff||1B/RF||Minnesota
32.Sixto Sanchez||RHP||Miami
33.Sean Murphy||C||Oakland
34.Dylan Carlson||LF||St Louis
35.Ian Anderson||RHP||Atlanta
36.Andrew Vaughn||1B||Chicago Sox
37.Riley Greene||RF||Detroit
38.CJ Abrams||SS||San Diego
39.Alec Bohm||3B||Philadelphia
40.Mitch Keller||RHP||Pittsburgh

41.Matthew Liberatore||LHP||St Louis
42.Nolan Gorman||3B||St Louis
43.JJ Bleday||RF||Miami
44.Brandon Marsh||CF||LA Angels
45.DL Hall||LHP||Baltimore
46.Nick Madrigal||2B||Chicago Sox
47.Jose Garcia||SS||Cincinnati
48.Daulton Varsho||C||Arizona
49.Grayson Rodriguez||RHP||Baltimore
50.Heliot Ramos||RF||San Francisco

Best Glove:Jose Garica
Best Arm:Jose Garica
Best Hit Tool:Nick Madrigal
Best Raw Power:Nolan Gorman
Best Speed:CJ Abrams
Best Fastball:Nate Pearson
Best Offspeed:Sixto Sanchez(Changeup)
Best Command:Luis Patino
Most Likely Closer:DL Hall

1.Wander Franco||SS||Tampa Bay
2.MacKenzie Gore||LHP||San Diego
3.Jo Adell||RF||LA Angels
4.Jarred Kelenic||CF||Seattle
5.Luis Robert||CF||Chicago Sox
6.Gavin Lux||2B||LA Dodgers
7.Jesus Luzardo||LHP||Oakland
8.Adley Rutschman||C||Baltimore
9.Dustin May||RHP||LA Dodgers
10.Joey Bart||C||San Francisco

11.Casey Mize||RHP||Detroit
12.Royce Lewis||SS||Minnesota
13.Oneil Cruz||SS||Pittsburgh
14.Carter Kieboom||3B||Washington
15.Brendan McKay||LHP||Tampa Bay
16.Cristian Pache||CF||Atlanta
17.Matt Manning||RHP||Detroit
18.Vidal Brujan||2B||Tampa Bay
19.Forrest Whitley||RHP||Houston
20.Bobby Witt Jr||SS||Kansas City

21.Julio Rodriguez||LF||Seattle
22.Marco Luciano||SS||San Francisco
23.Drew Waters||CF||Atlanta
24.Jazz Chisholm||SS||Miami
25.AJ Puk||LHP||Oakland

Best Glove:Cristian Pache
Best Arm:Oneil Cruz
Best Hit Tool:Wander Franco
Best Raw Power:Oneil Cruz
Best Speed:Luis Robert
Best Fastball:Jesus Luzardo
Best Offspeed:Casey Mize(Split)
Best Command:Brendan McKay
Most Likely Closer:Forrest Whitley

FIRST BASE
1.Spencer Torkelson||DRAFT||Detroit
2.Alex Kirilloff||AAA||Minnesota
3.Andrew Vaughn||AA||Chicago Sox
4.Evan White||MLB||Seattle
5.Nick Solak||MLB||Texas
6.Lewin Diaz||AAA||Miami
7.Ryan Mountcastle||MLB||Baltimore
8.Tristan Casas||A+||Boston
9.Brent Rooker||AAA||Minnesota
10.Seth Beer||AAA||Arizona

Spencer Torkelson was announced as a third baseman at the draft. I havent seen the full game logs but Im pretty sure he's only play sparingly at a corner outfield spot when he wasnt at first for Arizona State. He played third in high school, but he's still going to end up at first. I dont think Detroit is the place for him to try the outfield. Kirilloff has begun the transition to first. The bat is still there, although some of the power that he showed in 2018 was not seen in AA. If he is going to play first full time, the power has to come. Andrew Vaughn is our first true prospect at the position, but do not be surprised if the White Sox actually try him somewhere else. R/R is not what organizations really want at first, the White Sox have a ton of 1B/DH types either just getting to the majors or are close, and Vaughn is a descent athlete. It would still be an adventure for him elsewhere, but Vaughn has the bat you want in the lineup everyday somewhere. I have been a Evan White fan since I was able to catch him surprisingly get called up to play in the PCL from the California League in 2018. The defense is real. I really think he will be a multiple time Gold Glover at the position. The power is not ideal for your first baseman. He probably wont get to 20+ home runs for the position too often, unless he really bulks up and sacrifices the defense. The tools he has are still good enough for him to be a first division player in the majors. Nick Solak might find that first base is where he will get the most ABs for the Rangers. In a perfect world, he is given the second base job and Odor is benched, but that wont happen at the beginning of the season, and Todd Frazier was signed to play third. Ronald Guzman has not taken advantage of being given the first base job the past two years, and Solak showed his potential with a 126 wRC+ in 135 PA last year.

Nick Solak State Line/MLB-Texas:.293/.393/.491, 5 HR, 6 2B, 1 3B, 11.1 BB%, 21.5 K%, .375 wOBA, 126 wRC+, 135 PA

THIRD BASE
1.Carter Kieboom||MLB||Washington
2.Alec Bohm||AAA||Philadelphia
3.Nolan Gorman||A+||St Louis
4.Ke'Bryan Hayes||AAA||Pittsburgh
5.Jordan Groshans||A||Toronto
6.Mark Vientos||A+||NY Mets
7.Nolan Jones||AAA|Cleveland
8.Ryan Vilade||AA||Colorado
9.Josh Jung||A+||Texas
10.Abraham Toro||AAA||Houston
11.Isaac Paredes||AAA||Detroit
12.Keoni Cavaco||A-||Minnesota
13.Jonathan India||AA||Cincinnati
14.Brett Baty||A||NY Mets
15.Sherten Apostel||A+||Texas
16.Colton Welker||AAA||Colorado
17.Jordan Walker||DRAFT||St Louis
18.Bobby Dalbec||AAA||Boston
19.Rece Hinds||R||Cincinnati
20.Jake Burger||INJ||Chicago Sox

It looks like Carter Kieboom is going to get his shot this year at third for the World Champs. It was always assumed Keiboom was going to be moved off short sooner than later. He doesnt have the lateral quickness for the position, but its unknown just how good defensively he will be at the position. He does have a plus arm, so that will greatly help the transition to third. Power is in his body. Will it be 20 a year or will he be able to reach 30 is the question. At 6'5 220, Alec Bohm is physically one of the most imposing players on this list. There is plus(plus plus?) power in his body. Bohm also has some of the best plate discipline in the minors. So why isnt he a top 20 prospect? The power hasnt been showing consistently in games either in college or in the minors. He is going to hit around 20 home runs a year, but with the potential inside his body, it would be disappointing for him not to find more. If Rhys Hoskins wasnt a Phillie, Bohm might have been moved to first, but with their young star entrenched there for the near future, Bohm is going to be given every chance to stick at third. The Cardinals have pushed Nolan Gorman since he was drafted in the first round in 2018. He had 230 PA as a 19 year old in the High A Florida State League. He was able to put up a 117 wRC+ in one of the maybe the most pitcher friendly league in the minors. The swing and miss is his biggest issue. I know we have to take things with context since he was 19 years old last year in a league where the average age is around 23, but the strike outs have been a major issue since high school, and was one of the main factors for him to slide in the draft. Hopefully, we will start to see Pittsburgh Pirates prospects in a new light soon with new people running the organization. They have not been able to develop any talent over the past few years in the minors. Everyone becomes stagnant. Many think that Ke'Bryan Hayes can be a Gold Glover right now in the majors. His bat just isnt there, and it really hasnt made that much progress since he was drafted in the first round in 2015. Even a juiced ball in AAA couldnt make his stats stand out. A mysterious foot injury cost Jordan Groshans most of his 2019 season, and what a season it could have been. Lansing is known to be a little offensive friendly and in 23 games, .337/.427/.482 was the line that Jordan put up.  I was able to see him play at Bowling Green before the injury, and the bat speed, the power, the exit velocities all look elite to me. Groshans turns 21 in November, so he is going to have to move a little quickly once everything returns to normal.

I want to see power from Mark Vientos. He was 17 when he was drafted. The Mets are super aggressive with their top prospects. He was 19 all season in the Sally League last year, but if you arent going forwards, you are going backwards, and we need to see more soon. Jake Burger was my #2 player for the 2017 draft. Out of Missouri State, I thought Burger's bat was just as good as Kris Bryant in college. Burger was drafted #11 overall by the White Sox, and went to full season A ball that summer. He ended up with a 116 wRC+ in 200 PA. Since then, he has had elbow surgery and two torn ACLs. He will be 25 and will have missed three years in 2021. I take stats from the Cal League with a grain of salt, but if Ryan Vilade has turned a corner and has found some power in his body, the top 100 is not far away. Abraham Toro came out of nowhere in 2019. He is listed as a third baseman, but I think he could probably play around six positions and not embarrass himself. I think he can be the Astros version of Johan Camargo. He will make the Astros this summer and they are an organization smart enough to play him all over to get him ABs.

Abraham Toro Stat Line/AA-Corpus Christi:.306/.393/.513, 16 HR, 22 2B, 4 3B, 11.0 BB%, 17.7 K%, .207 ISO, .402 wOBA, 153 wRC+, 435 PA

LEFT HANDED PITCHER
1.MacKenzie Gore||AA||San Diego
2.Jesus Luzardo||MLB||Oakland
3.Brendan McKay||MLB||Tampa Bay
4.AJ Puk||MLB||Oakland
5.Matthew Liberatore||A+||St Louis
6.DL Hall||AA||Baltimore
7.Asa Lacy||DRAFT||Kansas City
8.Joey Wentz||AAA||Detroit
9.Tarik Skubal||AAA||Detroit
10.Brailyn Marquez||A+||Chicago Cubs
11.Shane McClanahan||AA||Tampa Bay
12.Reid Detmers||DRAFT||LA Angels
13.Daniel Lynch||AA||Kansas City
14.Ryan Weathers||A+||San Diego
15.Tucker Davidson||AAA||Atlanta
16.Zack Thompson||A+||St Louis
17.Nick Lodolo||A+||Cincinnati
18.Kyle Muller||AAA||Atlanta
19.Garrett Crochet||DRAFT||Texas
20.Kris Bubic||AA||Kansas City

It sounds like we are going to get to see MacKenzie Gore in San Diego pretty quickly in 2020. If its in the pen, we might see him consistently hit 100 during outings. I always talk about how the Cal League is an extreme hitters league, but Gore put up a stat line of 79.1 IP/1.02 ERA/2.38 FIP/12.48 K9/2.27 BB9. Gore is the best pitching prospect in baseball. Fastball-plus. Slider-plus. Curve-plus. Command-plus. Changeup-maybe plus? He's an ace. Jesus Luzardo is poised to be a crucial part of the Oakland As rotation this year. His fastball/slider combo might be better than Gore's. He could be an all star closer right now, and he might actually come out of the pen partly in 2020 since he has tested positive for COVID and that means no time table for his return. If its two weeks before he is back practicing, then Id definitely expect him in the pen this year. He still needs to work on a third pitch. His changeup is about major league average, and even if he doesnt improve it, he can be a very effective starter, but he can be a top of the rotation guy if he can improve the pitch. The As have another top lefty pitching prospect that should impact their big league club in 2020. AJ Puk is already 25 years old and has only thrown 36 innings since 2017. It shows just how good his stuff is, for him to be ranked his high at this age and with the injury history. Once the favorite for 1-1 in the 2016 draft, Puk can consistently show three plus pitches, but because of the lost time, command is lagging behind. He will be in the A's rotation for the 2020 season. Brendan McKay threw 49 innings for the Rays in 2019. Just one inning shy of not being on this list. He definitely showed a lot of good things during those innings, and its a little surprising that he doesnt have a guaranteed rotation spot when games start in a couple weeks. At 24 years old, he is extremely polished. There probably isnt one plus pitch in his four pitch arsenal, but all four are close to being above average pitches already, and the command has plus plus potential. If there is a top 50 prospect and he is traded after a stellar first full season, you have to ask why. If its the Rays that are the ones doing the trading, major red flags pop up in your mind. I was able to see a couple of starts from Matthew Liberatore this past year in Bowling Green, and I was nothing but impressed. The fastball, curve, and changeup are all there. He was a 19 year old kid so the command has to improve, and that is probably where the concern lies. Liberatore is a big kid already, so if he continues to grow, it might become harder and harder for him to show the command that will keep him in a rotation.

At 19 years old, DL Hall struck out almost 13 batter an inning and had a 3.22 FIP in High A FSL. He also walked 6 guys an inning. The command is not there. If it comes, Hall is a top 20 prospect. Ryan Weathers was the 7th overall pick in the 2018 draft. His numbers have been excellent so far in his career. He sat in the mid to high 80s for the second half of 2019, and if that continues, Weathers will fall off the list. Brailyn Marquez dominated Midwest League hitters in 2019 with a plus plus fastball. He was moved up to High A for the last month of the season, and was just as dominant. He's very raw though. Its a plus plus fastball, a sometimes major league average slider, and not much else. Im not anywhere close to being convinced that he is a major league starter, but the sky is the limit if he figures it out.

Tarik Skubal Stat Line/Toledo-AAA: 42.1 IP, 2.13 ERA/1.26 FIP, 17.43 K9, 3.83 BB9, 48.2 K%

Edited by devils1854
  • Like 1

Wow.  I can't believe Chase Strumpf made your top 10 2B prospects list, even if it was only at #10.  Probably says more about the 2B position depth in the minors than anything.  I don't even have Strumpf in my top 10 Cubs prospects.  

Thanks for doing these, btw.  Always good to have minors discussion, even in a season without the minors.

24 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Wow.  I can't believe Chase Strumpf made your top 10 2B prospects list, even if it was only at #10.  Probably says more about the 2B position depth in the minors than anything.  I don't even have Strumpf in my top 10 Cubs prospects.  

Thanks for doing these, btw.  Always good to have minors discussion, even in a season without the minors.

I think its partly because the talent at 2nd is pretty light, but also, like 1st, a lot of guys get moved to 2nd throughout their careers. Madrigal, Foscue, and Strumpf are the only guys on the list actually drafted at second. I could move guys like Abraham Toro or Nick Solak there to make depth better, but will they actually get playing time at 2nd in the majors this year?

SHORTSTOP
1.Wander Franco||AA||Tampa Bay
2.Royce Lewis||AA||Minnesota
3.Oneil Cruz||AA||Pittsburgh
4.Bobby Witt Jr||A||Kansas City
5.Marco Luciano||A||San Francisco
6.Jazz Chisholm||AAA||Miami
7.Austin Martin||DRAFT||Toronto
8.CJ Abrams||A||San Diego
9.Jose Garcia||AA||Cincinnati
10.Robert Puason||R||Oakland
11.Geraldo Perdomo||A+||Arizona
12.Ronny Mauricio||A+||NY Mets
13.Andres Gimenez||AA||NY Mets
14.Luis Garcia||AA||Washington
15.Taylor Walls||AAA||Tampa Bay
16.Ed Howard||DRAFT||Chicago Cubs
17.Gunnar Henderson||A-||Baltimore
18.Orelvis Martinez||A||Toronto
19.Noelvi Marte||A||Seattle
20.Freudis Nova||A||Houston

Wander Franco isnt a 80 prospect. 70 might be a stretch in my opinion. He is the top prospect in baseball but thats because of his age. I would put two other players with the same grade as him. He is a small, compact guy who has a body thats close to being maxed out unless he hits a growth spurt. I dont think power is coming. The speed doesnt really play in games. He's a good defender at short but I doubt its going to be Gold Glove caliber. Its the potential 80 bat. Maybe he does become this generations Tony Gwynn? Royce Lewis changed his swing last year, and it was disastrous. There are too many moving parts in the swing. He's still 1-1 talented, and has that IT factor, but he needs to bounce back. Oniel Cruz has tools that are almost video game like. He's 6'7 now and he played short exclusively last year in A+ and AA. He might just stick. 80 arm, maybe 80 raw power? He is still putting up 120 wRC+ in AA in basically a new body that he isnt fully used to. It might take a few years, but Cruz could be very special. Bobby Witt Jr is 20 years old and hasnt played full season yet. COVID is a *****. He should be able to rise fast, but losing this first full year out of high school could hurt bug time, because he could possibly be 21 in A ball next year. Marco Luciano could have been 18 years old in full season Augusta this year. As a 17 year old, he dominated AZL ball for a little over a month last year, and held his own in just over a week in Salem. Its possible he could move out of short, but the bat could be elite.

Jazz Chisholm's exit velocity is elite. When he hits the ball, its almost always hard. The problem is his contact rates. He strikes out way too much, but there were two silver linings in 2019. His walk rate went up to double digits for the whole season, and he was significantly better after his trade to Miami. If this trend continues,  he has the potential to be a above average shortstop with 20 HR power, and above average triple slash lines. Robert Puason was the best J2 prospect in 2019, and one of the best in the past five years. Puason stands out because he has been seen in game action, and not just in shorts in a batting cage, he is already a physical specimen and could continue to grow. He might outgrow short in a couple years, but the bat profile can be elite at any position on the diamond. Orelvis Martinez, Noelvi Marte, and Freudis Nova are three guys at the end of the list that are just now starting their careers in full season ball that have shown intriguing potential on the back fields for a couple years. Nova is the one that has played a full season in A ball but he probably has the lowest ceiling of the group. Marte is the better defender that will stick at short, but is probably the one thats a little farther away than the others. Orelvis Martinez could be moving off short soon. He doesnt have the defensive abilities to stick there, but his hitting profile can play at third or in the outfield. He's also the youngest by a few months.

CJ Abrams Stat Line/R-AZ Padres:.401/.442/.662, 3 HR, 12 2B, 8 3B, 14-20 SB, 6.4 BB%, 9.0 K%, .492 wOBA, 189 wRC+, 156 PA

CENTER FIELD
1.Jarred Kelenic||AAA||Seattle
2.Luis Robert||MLB||Chicago Sox
3.Cristian Pache||AAA||Atlanta
4.Drew Waters||AAA||Atlanta
5.Brandon Marsh||AAA||LA Angels
6.Travis Swaggerty||AA||Pittsburgh
7.Pete Crow-Armstrong||DRAFT||NY Mets
8.Corbin Carroll||A||Arizona
9.Jasson Dominguez||R||NY Yankees
10.Alek Thomas||A+||Arizona
11.Luis Matos||A-||San Francisco
12.Brennen Davis||A+||Chicago Cubs
13.Kevin Alcantara||R||NY Yankees
14.Josh Lowe||AAA||Tampa Bay
15.Monte Harrison||AAA||Miami
16.Leody Taveras||AA||Texas
17.Hunter Bishop||A+||San Francisco
18.Jordyn Adams||A+||LA Angels
19.Austin Hays||MLB||Baltimore
20.Randy Arozarena||AAA||Tampa Bay

Jarred Kelenic is going to join the 30/30 club in the majors early in his career. Physically, Kelenic is a beast. If you built a center fielder in a lab, this is what he would look like. The power is plus and blossoming. The speed is plus and he has an idea of what he is doing on the base paths already. The hit tool is the only thing lagging at the moment, and with how quickly he is progressing, it might be a plus tool within a year. Finally healthy, Luis Robert showed why the White Sox outbid everyone to bring him in from Cuba. + to ++ tools are everywhere not in the batters box during games. Raw power, speed, defense, arm. All elite. The in game hitting has been a concern. He swings and misses a lot, and it wasnt a issue last year in the minors, but if he takes that mindset to the majors, then all the flashy tools are for nothing. At 21 years old, Cristian Pache might have an argument for the best defender in all of baseball. He makes the impossible look easy. He is still trying to get there with the bat, and he did put up a 134 wRC+ as a 20 year old in AA, so he is improving. The bat is going to be the difference between a 10+ year career Gold Glove centerfielder and a three year starter in center and a defensive backup for the rest of his career. Drew Waters would be the centerfielder of the future for most organizations, but with Pache with the Braves, Waters will probably move to a corner in the majors. He had 49 XBH in AA last season, but only 5 were HRs. His power is definitely gap power, and I wouldnt expect that to change too much in the majors. Strike outs are the biggest issue right now. They have gradually risen with each stop, and they will be the biggest reason he doesnt make an impact at the next level. Brandon Marsh hasnt put up any flashy numbers in his three season in the Angels organization, but he continues to rise. He will probably get pushed over to right at the major league level because of his arm, and if that happens, more power needs to come. He is big at 6'4 2220, but the power is still locked inside his body. If all other tools are average to above average, the power will be the difference between a fringe starter and a possible all star.

In 2019, the Yankees gave almost all of their J2 pool money to one player. Jasson Dominguez. At the time, he was just 16 years old. He was given the money because at 16, he already has a sculpted body of someone much older. There could be plus power, plus speed, and a plus arm. Almost all the scouting community only saw him in BP or in workouts. He did not see much live pitching at all. He's also almost physically maxed out in his current form, so we really have no clue what this guy can do, and in a normal season, I wouldnt have any J2s or draftees on the list for this very reason. Austin Hays was drafted with little fan fair in the third round of the 2016 draft. He came out in 2017, and way maybe the best player in all of the minors. 32 home runs between two stops, .420 wOBA, and a 163 wRC+. He even got a cup of coffee that September with the team. He was possibly the future face of the franchise, but his awful 2018 killed all momentum, and he was off all prospect lists. 2019 wasnt that much better at the beginning, but he showed some signs in AAA, and he was once again called up in September. He caught eyes, and actually played well. Those meaningless games are now the reason Hays is expected to be the teams starting center fielder this year, and he could bat leadoff. I wouldnt expect him to be an all star, but he has shown flashes before.

Luis Matos Stat Line/R-AZ Giants:.362/.430/.570, 7 HR, 24 2B, 2 3B, 20-22 SB, 7.0 BB%, 11.1 K%, .471 wOBA, 171 wRC+, 270 PA

RIGHT HANDED PITCHER
1.Dustin May||MLB||LA Dodgers
2.Casey Mize||AAA||Detroit
3.Matt Manning||AAA||Detroit
4.Forrest Whitley||AA||Houston
5.Nate Pearson||AAA||Toronto
6.Luis Patino||AA||San Diego
7.Sixto Sanchez||AAA||Miami
8.Ian Anderson||AAA||Atlanta
9.Mitch Keller||MLB||Pittsburgh
10.Grayson Rodriguez||A+||Baltimore
11.Spencer Howard||AA||Philadelphia
12.Emerson Hancock||DRAFT||Seattle
13.Tony Gonsolin||AAA||LA Dodgers
14.Logan Gilbert||AAA||Seattle
15.Ethan Hankins||A||Cleveland
16.Josiah Gray||AA||LA Dodgers
17.Hunter Greene||INJ||Cincinnati
18.Deivi Garcia||AAA||NY Yankees
19.Brady Singer||AAA||Kansas City
20.Edward Cabrera||AA||Miami

If you built a right handed pitcher in a lab, Dustin May is what it would look like. He is 6'6 and just under 200 pounds. He looks extremely athletic. Has a frame that could probably put on 15 pounds or so. His delivery is effortless and the ball just explodes. Finally, lets not forget the attitude and cockiness that comes with those long red locks. Has potentially the best cutter since Mariano. The only thing that will keep Casey Mize from being a good starting pitcher, and a potential great one, is health. He wasnt a finished product at Auburn, but he was one of the more polished guys in the draft in the past decade. If it werent for injuries and Detroit being awful, he could have made his MLB debut already. That should happen in 2020, and hitters are going to see three plus offspeed pitches to go along with plus command. He hasnt averaged a K per hitter in the minors, and his fastball isnt going to intimidate hitters, so his plus secondary offerings are even more important. Mize's teammate, Matt Manning, is next on the list. Manning was the 9th overall pick in the 2016 draft, but its always seemed that he has been the overlooked pitcher since he's joined the organization. He might just be the best pitching prospect. He has been a two pitch pitcher for most of his minor league career, and both the fastball and curve are plus pitches. He's really started to develop the change up and the command has gotten better. He could be the future ace of the Detroit Tigers, not Casey Mize. Forrest Whitley's 2019 is the direct result of his 2018 suspension. He only threw 26 innings in 2018 because of the suspension. Of course injuries happened after he came back. They were there in 2019. COVID could be one of the best things for Whitley's baseball career. This forced rest could be great for him. When he is healthy, he is probably the most talented right handed prospect with five pitches that you would probably consider major league above average. He has to have a good 2021, or his career as a starter is probably over. Nate Pearson starts the second tier in my right handed rankings, and Im honestly not sure I really can justify him being this high, but the guys directly behind him(Patino/Sanchez/Anderson/Keller) all have some potential major issues. He has a 80 fastball and a plus slider, but thats the profile of a reliever. He's also pushing 250 pounds at 6'6 and its always worrisome that he will get bigger and the athleticism goes, and theres no control. The change up is getting better, and that's really the reason I have him here. I know he has a ton of question marks, but if he can keep improving, the sky could be the limit.

Tony Gonsolin is being slept on. The Dodgers have insane depth because this guy would 100% be in any other rotation in baseball. Yet, the Dodgers just sent him down to the minor camp. I saw him briefly last year in Nashville. He didnt pitch well, but you could see the ball just jump out of his hand. His best pitch is a splitter, and you see why when you watch him pitch. All of his pitches tunnel downward out of his hand. This is great for his two plus pitches, but I think its harmed his development of his slider. When its flashing, he looks like a good mid rotation starter, but when it isnt, he's a reliever. The pitch has gotten better over his career with the Dodgers, so Im optimistic in his future as a starter. Josiah Gray was converted to pitcher in college. He showed enough potential for the Reds to take him in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft, and he pitched well in rookie ball that summer. Unfortunately for the Reds, they traded him that offseason to the Dodgers, and in 2019, he threw 130 innings between three levels. As a 22 year old, he is poised to challenge for a major league spot maybe as early as 2021. The scary part is that since he was a conversion arm, he might not have even touched his potential. He's putting everything together so quickly, that we might not know his full potential for a couple of years.

Logan Gilbert Stat Line/A+-Modesto:62.1 IP, 1.73 ERA/2.62 FIP, 10.54 K9, 1.74 BB9

• Like 2

ORGANIZATIONAL RANKINGS

30.MILWAUKEE
1.Tristen Lutz||RF||AA
2.Garrett Mitchell||CF||DRAFT
3.Drew Rasmussen||RHP||AA
4.Mario Feliciano||C||AA
5.Brice Turang||SS||A+
6.Antoine Kelly||LHP||A
7.Ethan Small||LHP||A+
8.Aaron Ashby||LHP||AA
9.Corey Ray||CF||AAA
10.Freddy Zamora||SS||DRAFT

Player to Watch:Clayton Andrews||LHP/OF||AA

Top 200:4

Two through ten, the Brewers have a better system than the Nationals, but the Nationals have a top 25 player. The Brewers best comes in at #100. I do like that they went risky in the 2020 draft and took the talented Garrett Mitchell and Freddy Zamora. It could blow up in their face, but they are at least trying to bring in high end talent to the organization.

29.WASHINGTON
1.Carter Kieboom||3B||MLB
2.Luis Garcia||SS||AA
3.Cade Cavalli||RHP||DRAFT
4.Jackson Rutledge||RHP||A+
5.Seth Romero||LHP||AA
6.Wil Crowe||RHP||AAA
7.Tim Cate||LHP||AA
8.Mason Denaburg||RHP||A
9.Drew Mendoza||1B||A+
10.Eddy Yean||RHP||A

PTW:Joan Adon||RHP||A+

Carter Kieboom was the last position player the Nationals took in the first round of the draft. Since then its been pitcher after pitcher, and its early on a couple, but most are looking like back end of the rotation guys at best. They've also got less than expected from international guys like Luis Garica and Yasel Antuna so far in their careers.

28.BOSTON
1.Jeter Downs||2B||AAA
2.Noah Song||RHP||N/A
3.Tristan Casas||1B||A+
4.Bryan Mata||RHP||AA
5.Matthew Lugo||SS||A-
6.Gilberto Jimenez||CF||A
7.Thad Ward||RHP||AA
8.Bobby Dalbec||3B||AAA
9.Jarren Duran||OF||AA
10.Blaze Jordan||3B||DRAFT

PTW:Connor Wong||C/INF||AAA

Its not looking like Noah Song is going to get out of his commitment to flight school. Therefore, its going to be at least two years before we see Song on a professional diamond again. He will be 25. He would be a top 100 prospect if he were able to play in 2020. If it werent for the Mookie Betts trade, they would have the worst system in baseball. The 2020 drafting also didnt do much to add talent to the organization. I would be worried if I were a Red Sox fan.

27.COLORADO
1.Brendan Rodgers||2B||MLB
2.Ryan Vilade||3B||AA
3.Terrin Vavra||2B||A+
4.Zac Veen||RF||DRAFT
5.Ryan Rolison||LHP||AA
6.Michael Toglia||1B||A
7.Colton Welker||3B||AAA
8.Drew Romo||C||DRAFT
9.Aaron Schunk||3B||A
10.Sam Hilliard||RF||MLB

PTW:Ryan Feltner||RHP||A

Colorado is a bad Nolan Arenado trade from putting themselves in a rebuild that will keep them from contention for half a decade. Rodgers, McMahon, Hampson, and other prospects have failed to gain much traction at the major league level, and recent picks are not living up to draft position. I did like them taking two higher upside type high schoolers early in the 2020 draft.

26.HOUSTON
1.Forrest Whitley||RHP||AAA
2.Abraham Toro||UTL||MLB/AAA
3.Freudis Nova||SS||A
4.Jose Urquidy||RHP||MLB
5.Cristian Javier||RHP||AAA
6.Alex Santos||RHP||DRAFT
7.Korey Lee||C||A
8.Bryan Abreu||RHP||MLB
9.Jeremy Pena||SS||AA
10.Jairo Solis||RHP||A

PTW:Jojanse Torres||RHP||AA

Houston has graduated talent better than any other organization over the past five plus years, and with success on the field, it leads to worse draft picks, and their 2017 and 2018 first round picks have already been traded, so the farm isnt stocked at the moment. Arms like Urquidy, Javier, and Abreu are intriguing, and with Houston's track record with pitchers, they could be impacting the big league club in 2020.

• Like 1

25.TEXAS
1.Nick Solak||INF||MLB
2.Justin Foscue||2B||DRAFT
3.Josh Jung||3B||A+
4.Leody Taveras||CF||AA
5.Yerry Rodriguez||RHP||A+
6.Sam Huff||C||AA
7.Sherten Apostel||3B||A+
8.Cole Winn||RHP||A+
9.Hans Crouse||RHP||A+
10.Heriberto Hernandez||C||A

PTW:Demarcus Evans||RHP||AA

Whether its injuries or developmental issues, the Rangers have had problems getting the most out of their highly drafted high school picks in recent years. Bubba Thompson, Cole Ragans, Chis Seise, and Owen White. Highly drafted high schoolers over the past few years that arent on their top 10 list. It does look like the philosophy has changed because they have gone college bats the past two years. This change in philosophy could be what they need to replenish their talent because Ive liked both the Josh Jung and Justin Foscue picks in the first the past two years.

24.PHILADELPHIA
1.Alec Bohm||3B||AAA
2.Spencer Howard||RHP||AA
3.Mick Abel||RHP||DRAFT
4.Bryson Stott||SS||A
5.Luis Garcia||SS||A
6.Francisco Morales||RHP||A+
7.Mickey Moniak||CF||AAA
8.Kendall Simmons||2B||A
9.Adonis Medina||RHP||AAA
10.Johan Rojas||CF||A

PTW:Andrew Schultz||RHP||A+

Alec Bohm and Spencer Howard look like they are going to be successful early draft picks from the Phillies in the 2017 and 2018 drafts. Bryson Stott and Mick Abel are their first round picks from the past two drafts, and they look like they could have bright futures with the organization as well. After that, there isnt much else. They have really struggled in bringing home grown talent, and you can see it towards the back end of their major league roster, and in the organizational rankings.

23.NY Yankees
1.Deivi Garcia||RHP||AAA
2.Jasson Dominguez||CF||R
3.Kevin Alcantara||CF||R
4.Canaan Smith||LF||A+
5.Clarke Schmidt||RHP||AA
6.Estevan Florial||CF||A+
7.Austin Wells||C||DRAFT
8.Luis Gil||RHP||A+
9.Ezequiel Duran||2B||A
10.Anthony Volpe||SS||A-

PTW:Ryder Green||RF||A

#16 is the highest the Yankees have drafted in the past decade. The low picks, and bad drafting, have attributed to the team really focusing on the international market. Six of their top ten, and the top three, prospects all have come from overseas. They have really put a lot of resources in finding players. They are only ranked #23 this year, but if the young kids can live up to some of the hype, they will rise quickly.

22.CLEVELAND
1.Ethan Hankins||RHP||A
2.Nolan Jones||3B||AAA
3.George Valera||LF||A
4.Daniel Johnson||RF||AAA
5.Triston McKenzie||RHP||INJ
6.Tyler Freeman||SS||AA
7.Bryan Rocchio||SS||A
8.Bo Naylor||C||A+
9.Aaron Bracho||2B||A
10.James Karinchak||RHP||MLB

PTW:Cody Morris||RHP||AA

Low ceiling contact hitters, and high ceiling hard throwers. That seems to be what Cleveland has been drafting lately. Pitching wise, they are one of the best at developing arms, but recent injuries to Hankins, McKenzie, and Lenny Torres have hurt, and with them all losing 2020, who knows where they will be next year. Their bats? If Nolan Jones can unlock his power in games,  a Joey Gallo type profile is possible. Tyler Freeman is a singles hitting machine, and they young international guys will be starting their journey in full season ball soon.

21.LA ANGELS
1.Jo Adell||CF||AAA
2.Brandon Marsh||RF||AAA
3.Reid Detmers||LHP||DRAFT
4.Jeremiah Jackson||SS||A
5.Jordyn Adams||CF||A+
6.Patrick Sandoval||LHP||MLB
7.Kyren Paris||SS||R
8.D'Shawn Knowles||CF||A
9.Jahmai Jones||2B||AAA
10.David Calabrese||CF||DRAFT

PTW:Jared Walsh||1B/LHP||MLB

You take out Jo Adell, and the Angels system looks a lot like Washington's. They traded their 2019 first round pick in a salary dump. Scouts have been fired. It doesnt seem like Artie Moreno wants to spend money below the major league level. I do like their strategy of drafting uber athletes that are raw baseball players. Its worked with Adell and Marsh, but recent picks in Jackson, Adams,  and Paris havent done enough so far in their professional careers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I have Pearson ahead of Manning and Whitley. Pearson was our best pitcher in Spring Training looking very much like a future ace. 

Good job 

If he can develop that change up, then he can definitely be an ace. 

I am wondering if Luis Matos is related to the Luis Matos who played for the Orioles organization many years ago.  This would be about the right time if he had a son to be working through the minors.  

This is a real bummer about Noah Song.  There are no problems letting football players out of their commitments, but when Noah Song has a much better chance at sticking to the majors than Malcolm Perry has in the NFL, why is Song in flight school while Perry is getting ready to report to the Dolphins?  As a long-time fan of Navy sports, I am glad the government is loosening restrictions on service academy players going pro- it's only a good thing from a PR perspective, and put them to work doing PR when not playing- but they missed the boat with Noah Song. 

As always, great write ups.  I have some Orioles-specific questions that I will ask once you get our organizational rankings out.  I am guessing between 10-15. 

Gonna have to disagree philosophically about “maxed-out” players like Franco and Dominguez. They have the bodies of dudes that we hope and pray the average teenage baseball player turns into. It’s actually a plus in their case that they don’t need projection, like a Zion or LeBron.

Franco in particular isn’t just an early bloomer who physically bullies his way past single A pitching. It’s HOW he’s achieving success with his ridiculous approach, hit tool, and makeup. The guy was legitimately major league ready last year! In the old days he would’ve been an 18 year old rookie, but service manipulation is a *****.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

20.KANSAS CITY
1.Bobby Witt Jr||SS||A
2.Asa Lacy||LHP||DRAFT
3.Brady Singer||RHP||AAA
4.Jackson Kowar||RHP||AAA
5.Daniel Lynch||LHP||AA
6.Khalil Lee||RF||AAA
7.Kris Bubic||LHP||AA
8.Kyle Isbel||LF||AA
9.Erick Pena||CF||R
10.Jonathan Bowlan||RHP||AA

PTW:Wilmin Candelario||SS||R

A once promising system dealt with almost nothing but failure from their hitting prospects in 2019. Catcher MJ Melendez hit .161 with a 39% K rate in High A Wilmington. First baseman Nick Pratto hit .191 with a 34% K rate in Wilmington. Kyle Isbel was all the way up to .216 in 214 plate appearances while playing for the Blue Rocks, and Seuly Matias stuck out 44% of the time and only had 4 home runs after hitting 31 in 94 games in 2018. On the pitching side, all four college pitchers drafted in the first round in 2018 had solid seasons. Singer looks to be the best of the group, but none have huge stuff, and are more than likely back end of the rotation guys.

19.CHICAGO CUBS
1.Nico Hoerner||2B||AAA
2.Brailyn Marquez||LHP||A+
3.Miguel Amaya||C||AA
4.Brennen Davis||CF||A+
5.Ed Howard||SS||DRAFT
6.Adbert Alzolay||RHP||AAA/MLB
7.Cory Abbott||RHP||AAA
8.Chase Strumpf||2B||A
9.Cole Roederer||LF||A+
10.Ryan Jensen||RHP||A

PTW:Michael McAvenue||RHP||A

The Cubs are slowly building a system built by position players that have exciting profiles with potentially high ceilings. At the beginning of the 2018 draft, they used picks on Nico Hoerner, Brennen Davis, and Cole Roederer. Chase Strumpf was taken in the second round of the 2019 draft, and the Cubs selected the exciting home town kid in Ed Howard a month ago. The organization is definitely better in developing position players, and thats definitely shown all the way up to the major league level, and probably wont change until the stop taking low ceiling college pitchers.

18.CINCINNATI
1.Jose Garcia||SS||AA
2.Hunter Greene||RHP||A+
3.Austin Hendrick||RF||DRAFT
4.Tyler Stephenson||C||AAA
5.Nick Lodolo||LHP||A+
6.Jonathan India||3B||AA
7.Michael Siani||CF||A+
8.Lyon Richardson||RHP||A+
9.Tony Santillan||RHP||AAA
10.Tyler Callihan||2B||A

PTW:Noah Davis||RHP||A

Jose Garcia came over from Cuba as a solid prospect. Glove first with bat potential if he grows into his body more, and develops naturally. Even if the bat doesnt come as far as many hope, he will still be a starting shortstop in the majors because of his glove and arm. Garcia started turning heads with the bat in 2019 when he put up a 131 wRC+ in the Florida State League, and followed that with a solid AFL. He really moved up from a fringe top 100 guy, to the best player in the system with the way he handled playing during Spring Training. The results arent what we are really looking at. Its the tools that he is starting to show with the bat. 55 in game power would send him to multiple all star games.

17.NY METS
1.Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||DRAFT
2.Mark Vientos||3B||A+
3.Ronny Mauricio||SS||A+
4.Andres Gimenez||SS||AAA
5.Francisco Alvarez||C||A
6.Brett Baty||3B||A
7.JT Ginn||RHP||DRAFT
8.Matthew Allan||RHP||A-
9.Thomas Szapucki||LHP||AA
10.Shervyen Newton||SS||A

PTW:Carlos Cortes||2B||AA

The Mets have an interesting system because of the philosophies that they use. Mark Vientos was 17 1/2 when he was drafted in 2017 and played as a 19 year old all season in A ball. Ronny Mauricio turned 18 a week before the season last year and he also spent the whole season in the Sally League. The organization did the same thing with Andres Giminez. Full season A as a 18 year old, and as a result, spent 2019 in AA as a 20 year old. They are pushing their kids, and they are responding pretty well. The numbers arent gaudy, but they are great for their age, and solid overall. We still really dont know what we have with these kids because of such an age gap at every stop.

16.TORONTO
1.Austin Martin||SS||DRAFT
2.Nate Pearson||RHP||AAA
3.Jordan Groshans||3B||A
4.Simeon Woods-Richardson||RHP||A+
5.Orelvis Martinez||3B||A
6.Alek Manoah||RHP||A+
7.Gabriel Moreno||C||A+
8.Alejandro Kirk||C||AA
9.Kendall Williams||RHP||A
10.CJ Van Eyk||RHP||DRAFT

PTW:Will Robertson||RF||A

After losing two top ten prospects to eligibility last year and another two solid guys in Biggio and Jansen, the Blue Jays are still showing some nice talent at the top of their system. Depth has taken a hit, and that shows with them at #16, but they have done a pretty good job of drafting the past couple years and development is going well with a number of guys sticking in the majors, so there is no reason to think they wont be back in the top ten in a year.