2020 Devils Prospect Thread(Complete)

devils1854

On 7/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

I am wondering if Luis Matos is related to the Luis Matos who played for the Orioles organization many years ago.  This would be about the right time if he had a son to be working through the minors.  

This is a real bummer about Noah Song.  There are no problems letting football players out of their commitments, but when Noah Song has a much better chance at sticking to the majors than Malcolm Perry has in the NFL, why is Song in flight school while Perry is getting ready to report to the Dolphins?  As a long-time fan of Navy sports, I am glad the government is loosening restrictions on service academy players going pro- it's only a good thing from a PR perspective, and put them to work doing PR when not playing- but they missed the boat with Noah Song. 

As always, great write ups.  I have some Orioles-specific questions that I will ask once you get our organizational rankings out.  I am guessing between 10-15. 

I dont think so about Matos but Im not 100% so dont quote me.

I think the difference between Song and others is the fact that the Flight School is super exclusive, and he has a spot. A very coveted spot, and they have spent tons of money training him for his future job. If it were a easier(if possible w/Naval Academy) or less specialized job, then he probably would be in the Red Sox camp right now.

21 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Gonna have to disagree philosophically about “maxed-out” players like Franco and Dominguez. They have the bodies of dudes that we hope and pray the average teenage baseball player turns into. It’s actually a plus in their case that they don’t need projection, like a Zion or LeBron.

Franco in particular isn’t just an early bloomer who physically bullies his way past single A pitching. It’s HOW he’s achieving success with his ridiculous approach, hit tool, and makeup. The guy was legitimately major league ready last year! In the old days he would’ve been an 18 year old rookie, but service manipulation is a *****.

I am 100% on potential, and I think it shows with rankings.

I very much disagree with your comment about Franco's body. I saw him play 15 times last year. Ive stood next to him and had conversations with him. He doesnt have the body of a greek god. He's kinda small. There arent many Jose Altuve's and Ozzie Albies out there. Yes, he is a little larger than those guys, but when I say he is maxed out physically, it's supposed to be a put down. He isnt big and unless he grows, there's a good chance he doesnt have major league power. Yes, his hands and eyes are elite, maybe elite elite, and he has one of the best hitting tools we've seen in the minors in the past decade or so, but if he doesnt physically grow, does he get that much better? Elite at 18 doesnt mean elite at 23 when others are starting to reach their physical potential.

Dominguez is an elite athlete at 16/17. I wouldnt go as far as Zion or LeBron because no one knows. Its ridiculous that all this hype is coming for this kid and almost no one has seen him play, and the ones that have seen him, have seen him against bad competition. If he were a LA Dodger or Chicago Cub, he wouldnt be getting half the hype. Im going to bank on Pausson. The guy thats a little more known. The guy thats not filled out at 17 years old, but also has elite baseball skills like Dominguez.

Edit: Read this after writing, and I sound really harsh on Dominguez. Im not. The kid looks like he could be really talented. Its just the problem with trying to rank 16 or 17 year old kids that have faced the equivalent of maybe decent high school competition. If he would have been in the draft in 2020, I would have had him 8th. Right there with the other toolsy outfielders in PCA, Hassell, and Hendricks, and I still have him in the top 100. Really not trying to **** on him or Franco. Just trying to explain what I like to see, and Im not saying my way is right because I dont get paid for this nonsense that I write.

Edited by devils1854

15.OAKLAND
1.Jesus Luzardo||LHP||MLB
2.AJ Puk||LHP||MLB
3.Sean Murphy||C||MLB
4.Robert Puason||SS||R
5.Tyler Soderstrom||C||DRAFT
6.Sheldon Neuse||3B/2B||AAA
7.James Kaprielian||RHP||AAA
8.Daulton Jefferies||RHP||AAA
9.Jordan Diaz||3B||A
10.Nick Allen||SS||AA

PTW:Hogan Harris||LHP||AA

Top 100:4
Top 200:5

Here are Oakland's first and second round picks from 2015-2019. Richie Martin-Florida, Mikey White-Alabama, AJ Puk-Florida, Daulton Jefferies-Cal, Logan Shore-Florida, Austin Beck-HS, Kevin Merrell-S Florida, Greg Deichmann-LSU, Kyler Murray-Oklahoma, Jeremy Eierman-Missouri State, Logan Davidson-Clemson, Tyler Baum-North Carolina. AJ Puk is the only outlier. He cost money and he was high ceiling. Everyone else on the list? Not so much. 2020s first pick is different. Tyler Soderstrom is a high schooler with nice tools, and is a needed infusion of talent. The rest of the 2020 draft was once again big school college players. Once Luzardo, Puk, and Murphy graduates in 2020, the system will be close to bare.

14.BALTIMORE
1.Adley Rutschman||C||AA
2.DL Hall||LHP||AA
3.Grayson Rodriguez||RHP||A+
4.Gunnar Henderson||SS||A-
5.Ryan Mountcastle||1B/LF||MLB
6.Austin Hays||CF||MLB
7.Heston Kjerstad||RF||DRAFT
8.Zac Lowther||LHP||AAA
9.Jordan Westburg||SS||DRAFT
10.Yusniel Diaz||LF||AAA

PTW:Drew Rom||LHP||A+

Top 100:3
Top 200:7

Not spending money has been a big issue in Baltimore. From not spending in the international market for years, to going underslot at #2 this year, and then not using the savings to get higher ceiling players that many were targeting because of money demands. Thats the reason the Orioles arent a top ten organization. Rutschman, Hall, and Rodriguez are a very good top three. Ive loved Henderson's potential since the 19 draft, and he should be in full season ball soon, and Mountcastle and Hays look like they could be major league contributors. That top six has come a long way in the past couple years, but the lack of talent that they brought to the team in the 2020 draft sees them here because they are thin behind their top prospects.

13.MINNESOTA
1.Royce Lewis||SS||AA
2.Alex Kirilloff||1B||AAA
3.Trevor Larnach||RF||AA
4.Jordan Balazovic||RHP||AA
5.Ryan Jeffers||C||AA
6.Jhoan Duran||RHP||AA
7.Keoni Cavaco||3B||A-
8.Lewis Thorpe||LHP||MLB
9.Brent Rooker||1B||AAA
10.Aaron Sabato||1B||DRAFT

PTW:Cole Sands||RHP||AA

Top 100:3

Minnesota is a very well run organization. When I look at this top 10, besides Lewis, I dont see "wow" tools. Its a little like their major league team. Its a bunch of guys that are maxing out what they have in their bodies. These are good players. Good depth. The organization has slipped a little in the past year. Some of the shine has worn off their top two players. Lewis had a great AFL, but his 2019 season was very disappointing, and his swing needs a major overhaul, and Alex Kirilloff cooled off after a great 2018. He's also started the move to first, and thats going to hurt your stock, especially if the power continues to struggle.

12.ST LOUIS
1.Dylan Carlson||LF||AAA
2.Matthew Liberatore||LHP||A+
3.Nolan Gorman||3B||A+
4.Ivan Herrera||C||A+
5.Andrew Knizner||C||MLB
6.Zack Thompson||LHP||A+
7.Jhon Torres||RF||A
8.Jordan Walker||3B||DRAFT
9.Lane Thomas||CF||MLB
10.Elhuris Montero||3B||A+

PTW:Mateo Gil||S||A

I would like to talk about how much I hate the Cardinals. In 2019, they took Tre Fletcher in the second round of the draft. No big deal. A reclassified kid from Maine with a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Many stayed away from him because of him being a cold weather guy, a reclassification, and Vandy keeps a lot of their kids. The Cardinals took a chance, and he signed for 1.5 million. He immediately overmatched the GCL, and was sent to the Appalachian League as a young 18 year old. He wasnt great. Stuck out almost 45% of the time, but the tools are so loud. We still arent sure what we are getting with him, since he is still very raw, but he is a kid that could be labeled with 60s in power, speed, and arm in the future, and the Cardinals could come out laughing.

11.PITTSBURGH
1.Oneil Cruz||SS||AA
2.Mitch Keller||RHP||MLB
3.Travis Swaggerty||RF||AA
4.Ke'Bryan Hayes||3B||AAA
5.Tahnaj Thomas||RHP||A
6.Nick Gonzalez||SS||DRAFT
7.Quinn Priester||RHP||A-
8.Brennan Malone||RHP||A-
9.Jared Jones||RHP||DRAFT
10.Jared Oliva||CF||AAA

PTW:Mason Martin||1B||AA

During his tenure as GM of the Red Sox, Ben Cherington acquired a lot of the talent that has led the team to success over the past few years. His new job is to rebuild the Pirates. The cupboard is not bare, so hopefully his new staff can get their top prospects back on track after years of stagnation. I wasnt a huge fan of his first draft in June. Jared Jones, the lone high schooler, is the most intriguing guy, and best pick. I dont love any of the five college players taken, and both Gonzalez and Mlodzinski were both drafted on 2019 Cape performances. I think there is a likely hood both those picks crash and burn.

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

12.ST LOUIS
1.Dylan Carlson||LF||AAA
2.Matthew Liberatore||LHP||A+
3.Nolan Gorman||3B||A+
4.Ivan Herrera||C||A+
5.Andrew Knizner||C||MLB
6.Zack Thompson||LHP||A+
7.Jhon Torres||RF||A
8.Jordan Walker||3B||DRAFT
9.Lane Thomas||CF||MLB
10.Elhuris Montero||3B||A+

PTW:Mateo Gil||S||A

I would like to talk about how much I hate the Cardinals. In 2019, they took Tre Fletcher in the second round of the draft. No big deal. A reclassified kid from Maine with a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Many stayed away from him because of him being a cold weather guy, a reclassification, and Vandy keeps a lot of their kids. The Cardinals took a chance, and he signed for 1.5 million. He immediately overmatched the GCL, and was sent to the Appalachian League as a young 18 year old. He wasnt great. Stuck out almost 45% of the time, but the tools are so loud. We still arent sure what we are getting with him, since he is still very raw, but he is a kid that could be labeled with 60s in power, speed, and arm in the future, and the Cardinals could come out laughing.

Seems about right on the rankings.  Probably flip Torres and Walker in the rankings, and probably drop Lane Thomas out of the rankings all together.  Probably would flip Gorman and Liberatore as well, but that's probably a preference.

20 hours ago, devils1854 said:

19.CHICAGO CUBS
1.Nico Hoerner||2B||AAA
2.Brailyn Marquez||LHP||A+
3.Miguel Amaya||C||AA
4.Brennen Davis||CF||A+
5.Ed Howard||SS||DRAFT
6.Adbert Alzolay||RHP||AAA/MLB
7.Cory Abbott||RHP||AAA
8.Chase Strumpf||2B||A
9.Cole Roederer||LF||A+
10.Ryan Jensen||RHP||A

PTW:Michael McAvenue||RHP||A

Top 200:6

The Cubs are slowly building a system built by position players that have exciting profiles with potentially high ceilings. At the beginning of the 2018 draft, they used picks on Nico Hoerner, Brennen Davis, and Cole Roederer. Chase Strumpf was taken in the second round of the 2019 draft, and the Cubs selected the exciting home town kid in Ed Howard a month ago. The organization is definitely better in developing position players, and thats definitely shown all the way up to the major league level, and probably wont change until the stop taking low ceiling college pitchers.

That's actually a higher ranking for the Cubs than I expected.  I have the same top 5, but go Davis/Amaya/Nico/Marquez/Howard.  I would round out the top 10 with Jensen/Abbott/Alzolay/Roederer/Kohl Franklin.  Without the year to show progress, I probably bump Franklin out of the top 10 in favor of Christian Hernandez, who will be their big IFA signing this year.    

@devils1854 the question I had for you earlier was your view on Grayson Rodriguez.  I've heard everything from Ace to solid #2.  Obviously I would prefer ace but for us to develop a #2 starter would be just fine, considering that the last great starters were developed internally all of the way through were Mike Mussina and Erik Bedard (really stretching it there.). 

Also, curious as to your thoughts on where the organization is going given what you wrote about them.  I wasnt impressed with them going cheaper in the draft, although it seems we picked up two guys over slot near the end, and we went over slot last year for Gunnar.  It also seems that we had a couple guys in the international top 50 lined up in just our first full year involved in the Latin market under the new regime, which is good considering the time investment you need in that market.  I think Elias has a lot more latitude for player acquisitions and he's also rebuilding an entire infrastructure which is woefully behind.  I am hoping that we continue our rise once some of his full draft classes start moving through.  Duquette really didn't leave things in good shape, but at least he didn't trade Mountcastle and drafted Hall and Rodriguez.  

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

That's actually a higher ranking for the Cubs than I expected.  I have the same top 5, but go Davis/Amaya/Nico/Marquez/Howard.  I would round out the top 10 with Jensen/Abbott/Alzolay/Roederer/Kohl Franklin.  Without the year to show progress, I probably bump Franklin out of the top 10 in favor of Christian Hernandez, who will be their big IFA signing this year.    

Are we even going to have international signings this year? Weren't they pushed to next year?

Adding a guy as talented as Howard is going to give the organization a nice little bump. Probably why the team is a little higher than you expected.

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@devils1854 the question I had for you earlier was your view on Grayson Rodriguez.  I've heard everything from Ace to solid #2.  Obviously I would prefer ace but for us to develop a #2 starter would be just fine, considering that the last great starters were developed internally all of the way through were Mike Mussina and Erik Bedard (really stretching it there.). 

Also, curious as to your thoughts on where the organization is going given what you wrote about them.  I wasnt impressed with them going cheaper in the draft, although it seems we picked up two guys over slot near the end, and we went over slot last year for Gunnar.  It also seems that we had a couple guys in the international top 50 lined up in just our first full year involved in the Latin market under the new regime, which is good considering the time investment you need in that market.  I think Elias has a lot more latitude for player acquisitions and he's also rebuilding an entire infrastructure which is woefully behind.  I am hoping that we continue our rise once some of his full draft classes start moving through.  Duquette really didn't leave things in good shape, but at least he didn't trade Mountcastle and drafted Hall and Rodriguez.  

I think for Rodriguez to go from a potential 2/3 starter to an ace isn't that far fetched with the amount of progress that he has made in two short years. For that to happen, he is going to have to firmly have a second pitch as a strike out pitch. You can read reports from all different services about Rodriguez and one will say his curve is plus and others are a little behind. One says its the slider that looks to be the second pitch. Or you can even read where some think the change is whats developing into that second pitch. Now all of it should be exciting as a Orioles fan because he does have four pitches that should be able to play in the majors, and that makes his floor that much higher. Definitely higher than Hall. Could he be an ace? Yeah. He has that potential. Will he? That's the question right? Thats why people make lots of money trying to figure it out.

Me being harsh in the 2020 draft shouldnt reflect too much on organizations since we are in unprecedented times right now. Money is more of a concern this year than any other year, so if a team decided to punt some picks, Ill call them out for it, but I wouldn't keep that as a reason why a organization is bad unless there is a pattern. You take away the 2020 draft, and the Orioles have looked more competent as a organization, and you have to remember, before they started their fire sale a couple years ago, they had one of the worst minor leagues in the game. Being at #14 in 2020 is a huge step in the right direction. If they can turn another top three pick into one of the trio from the SEC next year, then you might have an organization thats starting to look like the model that Detroit is using(which I love).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Are we even going to have international signings this year? Weren't they pushed to next year?

Adding a guy as talented as Howard is going to give the organization a nice little bump. Probably why the team is a little higher than you expected.

I think they were pushed to January 1st for monetary reasons, but the IFA guys would still be able to (theoretically) start the 2021 minor league season with their teams.

10.ARIZONA
1.Daulton Varsho||C||AAA
2.Geraldo Perdomo||SS||A+
3.Kristian Robinson||RF||A
4.Corbin Carroll||CF||A
5.Alek Thomas||CF||A+
6.Corbin Martin||RHP||INJ
7.Bryce Jarvis||RHP||DRAFT
8.Blake Walston||LHP||A-
9.Seth Beer||1B||AAA
10.Levi Kelly||RHP||A+

PTW:Blaze Alexander||2B/SS||A+

Top 100:5
Top 200:6

The Diamondbacks have done a great job the past few years of building a system that was destroyed by past front offices. I really like how they seems to go after the best possible players through the draft, and not just sticking to a certain profile. Thats really helped to build depth throughout all levels. The only major negative is that most of these guys that look like potential major league contributors are in lower levels. Daulton Varsho and the trio that they got from the Astros in the Grienke trade last year are really the only guys in the upper level of the minors that could contribute soon.

9.CHI WHITE SOX
1.Luis Robert||CF||MLB
2.Andrew Vaughn||1B||AA
3.Nick Madrigal||2B||AAA
4.Jared Kelly||RHP||DRAFT
5.Michael Kopech||RHP||AAA
6.Garrett Crochet||LHP||DRAFT
7.Jonathan Stiever||RHP||AA
8.Dane Dunning||RHP||AA
9.Zack Collins||C/DH||MLB
10.Matthew Thompson||RHP||A-

PTW:Benyamin Bailey||LF||A-

I dont think there was another team that benefited more from a good 2020 draft than the White Sox. Between players graduating, injuries, and underperformance, the system has suffered recently. Jared Kelly was drafted with the 47th pick. I had him as a top 10 player, and the best high school arm in the draft. He immediately adds a top 100 player. Their first round pick, Garrett Crochet, was himself a top 15 player in the draft, and adds another big time arm to the organization. You will see that I do not have Michael Kopech as a top 100 player anymore. With him opting out, he will miss another year of development. I think its pretty apparent that he is going to be a high leverage reliever soon.

8.SAN FRANCISCO
1.Joey Bart||C||AA
2.Marco Luciano||SS||A
3.Heliot Ramos||RF||AA
4.Luis Matos||CF||A-
5.Patrick Bailey||C||DRAFT
6.Hunter Bishop||CF||A+
7.Will Wilson||SS||A
8.Logan Webb||RHP||MLB
9.Seth Corry||LHP||A+
10.Alexander Canario||RF||A

PTW:Grant McCray||CF||A-

Top 200:8

I do not believe the Giants had a top 100 prospect when they drafted Heliot Ramos in the first round in 2017. Just three years later, they have a system full of hitters that is the envy of all other organizations. For them to take that next step, the need to start developing pitching a little better. In 2019, their first pitcher was taken in round 8, and a pitcher wasnt taken until their third pick in 2020. Logan Webb and Seth Corry are their top pitching prospects, but both really look to be back end of the rotation guys, or relievers.

7.ATLANTA
1.Cristian Pache||CF||AAA
2.Drew Waters||CF||AAA
3.Ian Anderson||RHP||AAA
4.Shea Langeliers||C||A+
5.William Contreras||C||AA
6.Kyle Wright||RHP||MLB
7.Tucker Davidson||LHP||AAA
8.Kyle Muller||LHP||AAA
9.Jasseel De La Cruz||RHP||AA
10.Michael Harris||CF||A

PTW:Bryce Ball||1B||A+

Top 100-5
Top 200-9

The Braves had 4.127 million dollars to spend on their four picks in the 2020 draft. They ended up spending 3.997, or just about 130k under. What did they get for their 4 million? Not a top 20 prospect in the system, and maybe not a top 25 prospect. They selected 156 in the fifth round. Slot was 336k. They selected Bryce Elder, junior from Texas. I never once mocked him in a draft. MLB.com had him 109th overall, and Fangraphs had him at 134. The Braves gave him 847k.

6.MIAMI
1.Jazz Chisholm||SS||AAA
2.Sixto Sanchez||RHP||AAA
3.JJ Bleday||RF||A+
4.Edward Cabrera||RHP||AA
5.Monte Harrison||CF||AAA
6.Lewin Diaz||1B||AAA
7.Peyton Burdick||RF||A+
8.Max Meyer||RHP||DRAFT
9.Braxton Garrett||LHP||AA
10.Jesus Sanchez||RF||AAA

PTW:Jerar Encarnacion||LF||A+

Top 100-4
Top 200-11

If Miami would have taken Austin Martin instead of Mac Meyer, they'd be tied with Detroit as the only teams to have four top 50 players. Meyer is still a fine prospect. I still worry about his size and effort, but he was one of the three best pitchers in college baseball this past short season. Watch out for Braxton Garrett and Trevor Rodgers. Two forgotten first round picks that were finally healthy in 2019. Both are another healthy year away from becoming real prospects again, but both have mid-rotation type stuff.

17 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Pretty interesting ranking of the D'backs top 5. Don't think I've seen any lists with none of their OF's in their top 2. 

Ive seen a lot of Varsho in person and I love athletic catchers. Ive seen Perdomo once in person and I love his reports from the AFL last fall. Havent seen Robinson yet, but it just seems so unlikely that a kid that size at age 19 can stay in center. I might be wrong and a year from now he's a top 25 guy. I want to see Carroll in full season ball, but besides the lack of power, I love his profile in center. Besides power, I think its a better profile than Thomas.

5.SEATTLE
1.Jarred Kelenic||CF||AAA
2.Julio Rodriguez||LF||AA
3.Emerson Hancock||RHP||DRAFT
4.Logan Gilbert||RHP||AAA
5.Evan White||1B||MLB
6.Noveli Marte||SS||A
7.Kyle Lewis||RF||MLB
8.George Kirby||RHP||A+
9.Justin Dunn||RHP||MLB
10.Juan Then||RHP||A

PTW:Carter Bins||C||A

Seattle is the last team that I will mention that was one of the worst systems a few years ago, but with some good drafting, signing, and trading, they have shot up rankings and are building a type of depth that we saw from Houston, the Cubs, and Atlanta in the past few years. They've done a great job through drafting college players, international free agents, and some timely trades. In a year, I do think I could look back at George Kirby's ranking and wonder why I had him so low. No walks in 23 innings last year after drafted. You have a potential 70+ command from Kirby. Even with some average breaking balls, the command could skyrocket his value.

4.LA DODGERS
1.Gavin Lux||2B||MLB
2.Dustin May||RHP||MLB
3.Tony Gonsolin||RHP||AAA
4.Keibert Ruiz||C||AAA
5.Josiah Gray||RHP||AA
6.Diego Cartaya||C||A
7.Brusdar Graterol||RHP||MLB
8.Andy Pages||CF||A
9.Jacob Amaya||SS||A+
10.Miguel Vargas||3B||AA

PTW:Michael Grove||RHP||AA

The Dodgers front office constantly gets love for developing all star talent, making great trades, and having almost unlimited resources. Im going to go a different way. I think cracks are showing in the drafting side. 2017-Jeren Kendall, 2018-JT Ginn, 2019-Kody Hoese/Michael Busch, 2020-Bobby Miller. These are the first round picks from the organization the past few years. None are in the organization top ten. Its still early for Hoese, Busch, and Miller, but LA has been taking much lower ceiling college guys in the draft lately. The bad news for opponents is the international side has stepped up and they have a wave of 18/19/20 years old coming that could mask any deficiencies in other parts of the organization.

3.SAN DIEGO
1.MacKenzie Gore||LHP||AA
2.Luis Patino||RHP||AA
3.CJ Abrams||SS||A
4.Robert Hassell||RF||DRAFT
5.Taylor Trammell||LF||AA
6.Luis Campusano||C||AA
7.Cole Wilcox||RHP||DRAFT
8.Ryan Weathers||LHP||A+
9.Adrian Morejon||LHP||AA
10.Yeison Santana||SS||A

PTW:Gabriel Arias||SS||AA

Top 200:9

Using knee jerk reactions and for prospect ranking purposes, the San Diego Padres had the best draft in 2020. Going by my draft rankings, they drafted the #5 player, the #12 player, the #30 player, and a intriguing top 100 outfielder from Canada. AJ Preller is a aggressive GM and took a chance drafting these kids, and he was able to make it work. He has this organization still in the top three after graduating four top 50 prospects in the past couple of seasons, and has the team poised for their first winning season in a decade.

2.DETROIT
1.Casey Mize||RHP||AAA
2.Matt Manning||RHP||AAA
3.Spencer Torkelson||3B/1B||DRAFT
4.Riley Greene||RF||A+
5.Joey Wentz||LHP||AAA
6.Tarik Skubal||LHP||AAA
7.Alex Faedo||RHP||AAA
8.Isaac Paredes||3B||AAA
9.Dillon Dingler||C||DRAFT
10.Daz Cameron||CF||AAA

PTW:Jose De La Cruz||RF||A

Top 100:6

The Padres might have had the best draft in 2020, but the Tigers had my favorite. They have six starting pitchers that could be in the majors in 2020/2021. So they know that their opening will be starting soon. They didnt have any high end talent on the hitting side in the high majors. What did they do? They took college hitters with their first five picks, and they didnt take low ceiling guys. Torkelson, Dingler, and Cabrera were all high performers in college that have advanced hitting tools that were ranked in the top 50. Trei Cruz was a sophomore eligible shortstop with an intriguing profile, and Gage Workman was a young junior with plus power from Arizona State. The team had a specific need, and they attacked it in the draft. I wish more GMs did that.

1.TAMPA BAY
1.Wander Franco||SS||AA
2.Brendan McKay||LHP||MLB
3.Vidal Brujan||2B||AAA
4.Shane McClanahan||LHP||AA
5.Ronaldo Hernandez||C||AA
6.Shane Baz||RHP||A+
7.Josh Lowe||CF||AAA
8.Brent Honeywell||RHP||INJ
9.Taylor Walls||SS||AAA
10.Nick Bitsko||RHP||DRAFT

PTW:Niko Hulsizer||LF||A+

Top 100:6
Top 200:12

In the past year, the Rays have traded away Matthew Liberatore and Nick Solak. Both are in my top 100 list. Yet, they still have six guys in the top 100, and thats not including Xavier Edwards, who I am very low on compared to most everyone else. Basically, Tampa has too much talent. They are in a numbers crunch on the 40 man every year, and they have to make decisions, and they have been correct decisions more times than not. So dont expect Wander Franco to surprisingly make his debut this summer. He doesnt have to be on the 40 man until December, and the team currently has 42 guys on the roster.

• Like 1

Top 200 Prospects

200-176

176.Will Wilson||SS||San Francisco
177.Mick Abel||RHP||Philadelphia
178.George Kirby||RHP||Seattle
176.Keoni Cavaco||3B||Minnesota
180.Trevor Rogers||LHP||Miami

181.Corbin Martin||RHP||Arizona
182.Brayan Rocchio||SS||Cleveland
183.Garrett Mitchell||CF||Milwaukee
184.Estevan Florial||CF||NY Yankees