Madden 21

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I never bought Madden 20. I haven't bought Madden 21 either, until today. $27 for the PS5 version of Madden on December 4th. I'll pick it up.

Hell, it's a new console. If the game sucks, then I can play it for a while and it's not a big deal because it was only $27.

This is the exact thought process I went through when I decided to spend 27 dollars on a **** sandwich.  It was a sandwich made from ****.  The meat was grilled ****.  The cheese was cold slice *****.  The bread was some **** I threw into the oven and baked until it rose.  Instead of mayo I used runny *****.  I figured, hey, this is probably going to taste like absolute ****, but for only 27 dollars, why not? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This is the exact thought process I went through when I decided to spend 27 dollars on a **** sandwich.  It was a sandwich made from ****.  The meat was grilled ****.  The cheese was cold slice *****.  The bread was some **** I threw into the oven and baked until it rose.  Instead of mayo I used runny *****.  I figured, hey, this is probably going to taste like absolute ****, but for only 27 dollars, why not? 

You paid $27 for a sandwich?

You might as well have just bought Madden.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

$27 isn't a lot for me. I have a PS5 and want to play some next gen games. I have bought Madden in a while and the game is more than half off, so this looks like a good time to jump back in.

I don't think Madden has been good in a while (the one's I bought), but I don't obsessively hate the game like most people who post in this thread do.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

$27 isn't a lot for me. I have a PS5 and want to play some next gen games. I have bought Madden in a while and the game is more than half off, so this looks like a good time to jump back in.

I don't think Madden has been good in a while (the one's I bought), but I don't obsessively hate the game like most people who post in this thread do.

I've actually enjoyed this year's madden outside of the glitches. feels more like real football.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scar988 said:

I've actually enjoyed this year's madden outside of the glitches. feels more like real football.

Yeah same, I've moved on to other games now, but did four years of a franchise, put over 100 hours in overall. Had a good time, gameplay was much improved. Money well spent.

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Yeah same, I've moved on to other games now, but did four years of a franchise, put over 100 hours in overall. Had a good time, gameplay was much improved. Money well spent.

I've been doing Ultimate team, and outside of the promos where you have to play as giants or tinies, everything else has been fun.

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

The last Madden I've played is 2019. I had a lot of problems with players 'snapping' to tackles or blockers, as well as the weird ragdoll effects on tackles. Running the ball also didn't feel good. Are those aspects better in 21?

16 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The last Madden I've played is 2019. I had a lot of problems with players 'snapping' to tackles or blockers, as well as the weird ragdoll effects on tackles. Running the ball also didn't feel good. Are those aspects better in 21?

Yes. Running is tougher, but it's because the holes are smaller. It's honestly more accurate. Your vision ahs to be solid to actually be effective running it.

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You still see the snapping to tackles but the running is better. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Yes. Running is tougher, but it's because the holes are smaller. It's honestly more accurate. Your vision ahs to be solid to actually be effective running it.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

You still see the snapping to tackles but the running is better. 

That's good to hear. I like to have a run heavy offense when I play because I think it is more fun, and 19 made it harder than necessary to do that. I don't mind a challenge, but it felt otherworldly. Like that is not how the real world works.

Another question I have- have they fixed the thing with receivers running forever out of bounds? In no football game on earth would a receiver who is running a boundary breaking route continue to run out of bounds at full speed before getting the ball. They'd stop at the sideline, if anything.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

That's good to hear. I like to have a run heavy offense when I play because I think it is more fun, and 19 made it harder than necessary to do that. I don't mind a challenge, but it felt otherworldly. Like that is not how the real world works.

Another question I have- have they fixed the thing with receivers running forever out of bounds? In no football game on earth would a receiver who is running a boundary breaking route continue to run out of bounds at full speed before getting the ball. They'd stop at the sideline, if anything.

Nope I still have issues where receivers run out of bounds. 

3 days before NextGen Launch and no Gameplay trailer. Just a teaser trailer and one cinematic trailer. That's clearly not a good sign.

Basically all they did was:

- Upgrade & Polish Graphics for NextGen (and not quite the full level of NextGen, probably next year)

- Slightly improved route running (I say "slightly" because RyanMoody has debunked this, the route running realism is actually marketing and only a very minor difference, and EA is basically gaslighting)

- NexGen Stats

However, at least the game is free for people who bought the PS4 and One versions. And it's only $28 if you didn't. So you can't really complain that they are charging for a new game.

Edited by BayRaider