Madden 21

31 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Isn't this what we've learned to expect from EA? It's why I only buy it every 3 years and only after the November price cut to 30 bucks. This year was an exception because I wanted a ps5 game, so I bought a year early.

Of course.

I used to get slammed by fanboys on here for supposedly saying the same things every year, and was told "This is the game...dont play it if you dont like it."

Thing is...while I do say the same things every year, its because the same issues exist every ******* year and have for the last decade+.      And while I would love to COMPLETELY forget about EA and Madden, this game is sadly the only representation of the only sport I care about anymore...so Im "forced"  to give this game more attention than I would if there were alternatives to this trainwreck.

They put zero effort into the meaningful areas of this game.   And while the game looks better at first, anyone who has played this game for years should see that the animations, motion and mechanics are the exact same things we have been seeing for the last 3 console generations. 

Surprised?   Not even a little....but somehow still disappointed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is from the next gen FIFA. Looks insane. The hair looks so real. This isn't even an official image, just a screenshot I took of a video in like 720p. Probably looks even more amazing in 4K.

Thats a screen shot of in game gameplay? Damn! wow.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:03 PM, BayRaider said:

Wow, had no idea how bad Madden is was actually on Pat McAffee’s podcast, and other podcasts. It’s really starting to go main stream. I think by M23 we might finally see a good game... if not I give up forever 

I just want them to fix the Franchise Mode. Even going back to what they had in 2007 would be enough.

Amazingly, Madden on PS2 is better than Madden on the PS4.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

Comes down to sales though too right? They aren't hurting. If they keep selling, the hell does EA care?

https://www.operationsports.com/madden-nfl-21-sales-improve-20-percent-year-over-year-in-its-first-week-more-than-17-million-games-played-in-the-yard/ 

Madden NFL 21 is sitting pretty after its first week of sales. An improvement of 20% year-over-year over Madden NFL 20, which in itself last year, saw more unique players and engagement than any other Madden NFL game in franchise history. And get this… Madden NFL 21 players have played nearly 50% more games than last year, in the same time frame.

18 hours ago, 43M said:

Of course.

I used to get slammed by fanboys on here for supposedly saying the same things every year, and was told "This is the game...dont play it if you dont like it."

Thing is...while I do say the same things every year, its because the same issues exist every ******* year and have for the last decade+.      And while I would love to COMPLETELY forget about EA and Madden, this game is sadly the only representation of the only sport I care about anymore...so Im "forced"  to give this game more attention than I would if there were alternatives to this trainwreck.

They put zero effort into the meaningful areas of this game.   And while the game looks better at first, anyone who has played this game for years should see that the animations, motion and mechanics are the exact same things we have been seeing for the last 3 console generations. 

Surprised?   Not even a little....but somehow still disappointed.

This year I've ran literally the same scheme I did last year and nothing changed at all. The same money plays that worked last year work this year, the same busted AI, same busted blocking, same everything.

Madden used to at least let you scheme your own overload blitzes as long as you occupied the Center or put people on the edges. Now, because of everyone complaining, it's near goddamn impossible to draw up any meaningful pressure schemes that aren't extremely convoluted and downright glitches.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Comes down to sales though too right? They aren't hurting. If they keep selling, the hell does EA care?

https://www.operationsports.com/madden-nfl-21-sales-improve-20-percent-year-over-year-in-its-first-week-more-than-17-million-games-played-in-the-yard/ 

They dont.   Its exploitation of an essential monopoly created by both EA and the NFL.

Edited by 43M

I do see better movement with player like Derrick Henry, who runs like Henry. It’s only certain players though. And EA has done before where they’ve tried to slow down the game and incoporate player movement realism, and they caved to pressure from the arcade community and made it go back to normal. I bet the same thing will happen in a patch or M22. As for now, it’s definitely an improvement. 

This was 100% a copy-paste game with improved graphics and improved player movement. If they had charged $70 for this they would of definitely had a class-action lawsuit. 

They changed almost nothing. Literally the same game 98%. 

Also, anyone else notice the Coordinator on the Sidelines during cutscenes hyping up his players is the same coordinator for all 32 teams?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Watching some gameplay of Madden 21 on next gen and holy crap is it ever different than old gen. Usering on D looks impossible, running the ball is OP, and the gameplay in general is very slow. Doesn't even appear to be the same game.

They’ve slowed down gameplay like this before though, and caved to the competitive online/arcade community and patched it back up. I hope they stand firm this time. 

Edited by BayRaider