Madden 21

6 hours ago, August4th said:

ESPN is really doing a 1 hr special on madden ratings

sports needs to come back, also this reminds me that EA has the ESPN right, but does not use it in the game

Yup. EA has every opportunity at hand to bring a truly innovative game into the market and instead aims to coast towards mediocrity at every turn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yup. EA has every opportunity at hand to bring a truly innovative game into the market and instead aims to coast towards mediocrity at every turn.

no reason why they can't use someone like Steven A smith or Dan Le Batard in the Tony bruno radio show role(I know those guys and other ESPN personalities can be annoying, but adding them in small doses and changing it up yearly can help immersion), They could use someone like Scot Van Pelt the same way 2k used Chris Berman back in the day to be part of a highlights package. EA settles on the blandest presentation. They come off as so lazy, just no innovation at all

Edited by August4th

3 hours ago, August4th said:

no reason why they can't use someone like Steven A smith or Dan Le Batard in the Tony bruno radio show role(I know those guys and other ESPN personalities can be annoying, but adding them in small doses and changing it up yearly can help immersion), They could use someone like Scot Van Pelt the same way 2k used Chris Berman back in the day to be part of a highlights package. EA settles on the blandest presentation. They come off as so lazy, just no innovation at all

Steven a Smith? Don't we have enough reasons to not buy the game already??:P

• Like 1

They gave Kyler Murray the 34th-highest awareness rating among QBs, lower than multiple rookies. Daniel Jones has a higher awareness rating than Kyler. Daniel. Jones. EA went on to say that awareness is based off of decision making... Kyler had 14 turnovers last season (12 INTs, 2 fumbles lost). He threw for 173 first downs and ran for 27 more. He had 24 TDs on the year. 

Daniel Jones, meanwhile, had 27 turnovers on the year (12 INTs, 15 FUMBLES LOST). He threw for 140 first downs and ran for 21 more. He has 26 TDs on the year.

So EA is telling me that Daniel Jones can have less first downs, twice as many turnovers, and LEAD THE LEAGUE IN FUMBLES, but his awareness is higher than a record-setting Offensive Rookie of the Year? The same guy that set the record for most consecutive passes by a rookie without a turnover? That guy... Has less awareness... Than someone who fumbled the ball at a historic pace? 

• Like 1

Also, there are some minor issues with the ratings of Budda Baker (led the league in solo tackles, very reliable and punishing hitter, only has a 76 tackle rating - probably due to his small frame), Jordan Phillips (got 9.5 sacks and his rating went down - only a 73 overall), Jordan Hicks (solid player, third in the league in tackles last year after being a good player for the Eagles and has a very low rating), and Isaiah Simmons (listed as a SS when the team has him listed a ILB AND the DC specifically said that he's their Mike, also has really low coverage ratings).

But that Kyler thing that I mentioned in the previous post really takes the cake.

In Madden awareness doesn't matter unless you're simming, games right?  If you're actually playing with the Cardinals and controlling Kyler Murray, then it doesn't matter does it?

In older Madden and NBA 2K games, awareness rating had a pretty big impact on overall rating.  As long as Murray's speed, throwing power, accuracy, etc are all high/decent, then it should be fine.  Awareness is the absolute last thing I would care about, unless I was a sim only player.