Far Cry 6

Kiltman

Figured this deserved its own thread.

BB16AoIB.img

In true Ubisoft fashion, Far Cry 6 just leaked. Comes out February 18th, 2021.

Will take place in a fictional island called Yara, based on Cuba. Supposedly their “biggest game world yet.” 

Giancarlo Esposito will be the lead villain, a dictator called Anton Castillo. From the art leaked it looked like a young Vaas, who was the villain of Far Cry 3, will be in the game.

So that would place the game as a prequel back in the 80s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Loved 3 and 5, 4 never really grabbed me.

But it’s awesome they got Giancarlo for this. And the premise sounds like a lot of fun.

Dude literally this. I loved 3, then couldn't get more than a few hours into 4, and played maybe a few hours of 5 as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Dude literally this. I loved 3, then couldn't get more than a few hours into 4, and played maybe a few hours of 5 as well. 

5 really had me with the premise, I think that helped. The cult made for an interesting change up. 

3 and then Blood Dragon with it were some of my favorite games that gen, certainly the most pleasant surprises I’d had in awhile.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Loved 3 and 5, 4 never really grabbed me.

But it’s awesome they got Giancarlo for this. And the premise sounds like a lot of fun.

Pagan Min was the best antagonist after you see all possible outcomes. Real theme of this series is that theres really no true "good" or "bad" guys.

5 I never got past the first mission, kinda just bored me early on being silent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

5 really had me with the premise, I think that helped. The cult made for an interesting change up. 

3 and then Blood Dragon with it were some of my favorite games that gen, certainly the most pleasant surprises I’d had in awhile.

I never playeed Blood Dragon... I regret that

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pagan Min was the best antagonist after you see all possible outcomes. Real theme of this series is that theres really no true "good" or "bad" guys.

5 I never got past the first mission, kinda just bored me early on being silent.

I liked Min, always meant to go back and just never did. It was more gameplay if I remember right, like I got sent on a bunch of fetch quests near the beginning and wasn’t feeling it at the time.

He seemed a little more complex than Vaas or The Father. Who I both liked as antagonists.

I think my favorite thing to do in Far Cry has been to create my own RPG scenarios. I feel like the bases/forts help a lot with that. Enjoyed the Vietnam DLC for 5, sneaking about without a trace.

That was an awesome trailer. Sadly for me I'm sure the gameplay will be pretty much the same, which means I'll get bored a few hours into it. Probably a pass for me until they drop in price, they always seem to be really cheap a year after they come out

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I want a bit of a deeper crafting system. More than just the 1 time upgrades for a certain number of animal pelts, and the "red/blue/yellow/green color coded plants"

would be nice to really let you play in the style you want and have a path for each to really become powerful.

Like I play these games with bows and stealth a lot, would love to feel like I'm building something playing that way.
Like even if it's automatic kills after "x" number of kills with a bow on grunt level enemies, I'd take.

I would like to grow with the weapons and have them mean more.

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, Danger said:

On 7/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, Kiltman said:

I liked Min, always meant to go back and just never did. It was more gameplay if I remember right, like I got sent on a bunch of fetch quests near the beginning and wasn’t feeling it at the time.

He seemed a little more complex than Vaas or The Father. Who I both liked as antagonists.

I think my favorite thing to do in Far Cry has been to create my own RPG scenarios. I feel like the bases/forts help a lot with that. Enjoyed the Vietnam DLC for 5, sneaking about without a trace.

Decided to give it another go and enjoyed myself. Just beat it last night. Definitely a couple annoying bugs still in the game, but was a fun experience. 

I worry I’ll out-Far Cry myself after playing through 4 & 5 within a year. But doubt that will weigh on my decision to play 6 very much, February is far enough off.