1/4 season brief thoughts

squire12

On 10/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

This is malarkey. We've been called for how many picks this year? We get plenty of that kind of stuff, but I swear everyone is convinced we don't so what it happens either A. it's not acknowledge or B. They say oh well it barely ever happens, etc. 

I call it out in the GDT's every single time it happens every game just to be a jackass.

How can you say what Cobb did is MAYBE an example anyways. If any team did that to us I have a feeling you go "wow why didn't we think of that?!"

Besides, when it comes to holding the ball being how we create big plays, Mac doesn't call "hold the ball until everyone's off route on 2," that's Aaron's doing. But we aren't blaming Aaron for the lack of "scheming people open" only the fat man.

Hey fat guys are people too!!

On 10/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, vegas492 said:

Offense should be unstoppable, but it isn't.  The coaching and the scheme will hold it back.  We rely too much on sandlot football.  We don't motion guys open.  We don't exploit defensive weaknesses.  We do not set plays up, except for a bootleg.  I watched the Chiefs last night...Reid does all of that and then some.  Heck, even Chicago has a series of plays designed to build off of one another.  Our offense is putting Aaron under center and telling him to make a play.

The last time GB played NE, It seems like I remember Belichick going out of his way to mention how effective MM was at scheming to attack the weakness of the opposing defense.  I doubt that was pure BS.

Archived