What team unexpectedly collapses this year

patriotsheatyan

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:
4 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I would nominate the Seahawks, Niners, or Packers 

Wouldn't really be surprise for GB...They overachieved last season, barely beating the Redskins and the Lions twice....This year's schedule will be tougher too than last....

Seattle almost got to the NFC Championship game last year minus healthy RB's....So in a sense they too overachieved as well....

I think the Packers are a solid pick. Rodgers regression, we had pretty good health last season, QB controversy if Rodgers starts off slow like he seems to every year now.

One thing they have working for them is they are expecting next to nothing from their rookie class.... lol

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think the Packers are a solid pick. Rodgers regression, we had pretty good health last season, QB controversy if Rodgers starts off slow like he seems to every year now.

One thing they have working for them is they are expecting next to nothing from their rookie class.... lol

I blame Rodgers slow starts as lack of preseason snaps....Health wise, yes we were fortunate there..

1. San Francisco - SB hangover

2. Houston - bad management

3. Green Bay - 13-3 is highly improbable and not much new day one playing talent

4. New Orleans - Brees is slowing down (not rejuvenated) and the division will be highly competitive

5. New England - No Brady (who is rejuvenated)

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

1. San Francisco - SB hangover

2. Houston - bad management

3. Green Bay - 13-3 is highly improbable and not much new day one playing talent

4. New Orleans - Brees is slowing down (not rejuvenated) and the division will be highly competitive

5. New England - No Brady (who is rejuvenated)

Though I picked Green Bay as my team to disappoint, I think this is kinda a positive with this offseason, especially if three's no pre-season.

I mean, with a super abbreviated or nonexistent season, we probably won’t be able to test these at all, but SF is in a good spot to regress. Tennessee too, depending on what you think about their 2019 squad.

Saints are always in danger, Bucs too.

1 hour ago, Everybodyluvstheniners said:

I'd go LA rams but their collapse is an ongoing thing.

I'm hoping seahawks. I'm hoping Wilson gets injured early on. I know that's bad. But it's a genuine hope I just can't ignore right now.

Wow. 

Your team are Superbowl calibre and you're wishing injury on a player of a team that you're better than, overall?  Eesh.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Though I picked Green Bay as my team to disappoint, I think this is kinda a positive with this offseason, especially if three's no pre-season.

I mean GB didn't reload their roster with starting level talent. They are more or less relying on players who are 1 season older than last year.

For a while that can be beneficial, but then their play ( either individual players or teams in general) can fall off dramatically (Vikings 2010, Broncos 2016, Raiders 2003 etc)

For what its worth, I still think GB is good enough to go 10-6 and be in the playoffs. Its just hard to sustain 13-3 level play especially with a very low total point difference from the previous season.

Edited by SteelKing728

I would suggest the Rams - I like them and I'm obviously one of the few Goff fans around but they lost Cooks and appear to have failed to realise or failed to inject speed into the O. All receivers are slow or middling in the speed factor and the same applies to their RB's. The D will compress the underneath knowing the deep field is relatively safe, meaning the run game will struggle and when the D can compress rushers can attack full bore and that's additional pressure for the already relatively poor O line. Speed does so much for an O.

However I realise that the above discounts Sean McVay somewhat and thats a dangerous thing to do - who knows, maybe Brandon Polk will offer the juice.