What team unexpectedly collapses this year

patriotsheatyan

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Vikings are most shocking to me. What changed so much for them to look like this after an 11-5, divisional playoff appearance?

I think Zimmer is a bit of a dinosaur for today's NFL. He's a guy who will get a talented team disciplined enough to play very good football when things are going well, but he lacks creativity and edge. So when the talent drains, I don't see him as a guy that elevates what he has to work with.

Plus, they just paid Kirk Cousins another $66 million.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Vikings are most shocking to me. What changed so much for them to look like this after an 11-5, divisional playoff appearance?

They lost Griffen and Joseph. They added Pierce but opted out. Hunter is in IR and Ngakoue has been 2 weeks with the team. Their DL is in shambles. Last years 3 starting CBs, Alexander, Rhodes and Waynes, even if they were not very good, all gone. They are elite at the OBLB and S positions, but trash in the rest. In the offense, they did not upgrade their OL and lost Diggs, their best WR. Jefferson is good, but he's a rookie. They were tight with the cap, so they haven't been able to add any differential players except for Ngakoue. It was bound to happen, their contending window closed last year, since they won't be able to improve next year either.

I thought the Vikes were actually better than Green Bay last season, at least to my eye test when I saw them. I had them winning their division fairly comfortable. 

I'm very shocked they weren't able to beat the Colts. I thought that was a no brainer. 

It looks like it could be a tough year for them, especially playing in the NFC where the three wildcard play-off teams look like they could come from the same division. Crazy.