What team unexpectedly collapses this year

patriotsheatyan

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Assuming a normal season, I think the Eagles start out strong and we see them narrowly miss the playoffs. 

Possible with 5 of their last 8 on the road after the Bye but 2 of those will be after the Eagles spend 7 straight weeks in the state of Pennsylvania with two short very short plane commutes and 1 bus for away games (Pits/Cle/NYG). Basically almost 2 month in their own beds. Should be well rested for wks 13-16.

First 8

@Was ,LAR, CIN ,@SF, @Pits, Balt, NYG, Dal

BYE Wk9

Last 8

@NYG, @Cle,  Sea,

(@GB, NO, @AZ,@ Dal, Was)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Possible with 5 of their last 8 on the road after the Bye but 2 of those will be after the Eagles spend 7 straight weeks in the state of Pennsylvania with two short very short plane commutes and 1 bus for away games (Pits/Cle/NYG). Basically almost 2 month in their own beds. Should be well rested for wks 13-16.

First 8

@Was ,LAR, CIN ,@SF, @Pits, Balt, NYG, Dal

BYE Wk9

Last 8

@NYG, @Cle,  Sea,

(@GB, NO, @AZ,@ Dal, Was)

my thought is in that first half you lose to SF and Bal and thats it, but second half we see you split with the Giants and Cowboys while also losing to GB, NO, and AZ will be the surprise make your desperate against dallas loss. All the games in the late half are winnable though, but that's why it'd be unexpected ;)

Titans, and I actually love the way they’re built as a whole from the coach on down. I just don’t think Tannehill replicates 2019 and I don’t think Henry can sustain what he did down the stretch with 8 man boxes. Granted, that division is always a whirlwind, so who knows?

• Like 1

If anything, I think this off-season helps those who have returning coaches and schemes, hurts those with new ones, and that the Ravens are the biggest winners with defensive coaches and schemes that would be geared towards stopping LJ not being appropriately implemented.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Titans, and I actually love the way they’re built as a whole from the coach on down. I just don’t think Tannehill replicates 2019 and I don’t think Henry can sustain what he did down the stretch with 8 man boxes. Granted, that division is always a whirlwind, so who knows?

While I think the Titans are too good top to bottom to completely collapse (they've been 9-7 for four years in a row, even before Henry emerged and with a whirlwind QB rotation), everything points to Tannehill and Henry regressing.

Tannehill is a vet who just had the best year of his career by a wide margin.  That situation rarely repeats.  And Henry just had a huge number of carries over the season, which almost always leads to some regression.

Even so, they have AJ Brown and Jeffery Simmons coming on for sophomore seasons, added a new RB weapon, and improved their pass rush (hopefully they still sign Clowney if we have a season), so I don't think they're going to be much worse on paper in the regular season (8-8 wouldn't surprise me), but given their playoff run last year, that might be seen as a collapse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

While I think the Titans are too good top to bottom to completely collapse (they've been 9-7 for four years in a row, even before Henry emerged and with a whirlwind QB rotation), everything points to Tannehill and Henry regressing.

Tannehill is a vet who just had the best year of his career by a wide margin.  That situation rarely repeats.  And Henry just had a huge number of carries over the season, which almost always leads to some regression.

Even so, they have AJ Brown and Jeffery Simmons coming on for sophomore seasons, added a new RB weapon, and improved their pass rush (hopefully they still sign Clowney if we have a season), so I don't think they're going to be much worse on paper in the regular season (8-8 wouldn't surprise me), but given their playoff run last year, that might be seen as a collapse.

The loss of one of the best all-round interior DL in the past 10 years will surely hurt as well? I have Simmons on for a breakout, but that remains to be seen.

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The loss of one of the best all-round interior DL in the past 10 years will surely hurt as well? I have Simmons on for a breakout, but that remains to be seen.

It will, but it already hurt last year.  They traded Casey because he had the worst season he's had in a very long time on the wrong side of 30.  He's been the best player on the team for the better part of a decade, and I'm still mad that they traded him away, but I don't expect him to be the same player again.  He was maybe one of the ten best players on the team last year.

The real reason it hurts is depth.  With Simmons, we'll have a stud, and Daquon Jones is a run stuffing beast, and the Titans spend most of their time with just two interior DLs, so with the first team, we're gold.  But after that, it's Jack Crawford, Larrell Murchison, and Isaiah Mack and practice bodies.  I like Murchison's first step (he had the best first step in the 2020 draft class at his position and I will die on that hill), but he's a rookie without a very versatile skill set, and Mack was phenomenal in the preseason last year, but it never really translated to the regular season.  Crawford is old.  Our rotation will be thin, but there's youth at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Uhhh

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-runners-stacked-boxes-2019-derrick-henry-lamar-jackson

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I can agree Tannehill likely played the best football we will ever see out of him last year, but the Titans are built to win dude. That’s a good team right there with a really solid coach.

9 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Colts. Betting your window of a decently talented roster on Phillip Rivers, who’s never gotten it done in playoffs on insanely talented teams and looked completely washed up last year, just seems like a strange move to me. 

yea but I dont think anyone would be surprised if that experiment doesn't work. 

Same with the Patriots and Cam. 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Assuming a normal season, I think the Eagles start out strong and we see them narrowly miss the playoffs. 

I'm more optimistic given that there are now 3 wild cards in play instead of 2. But yeah we'll probably 3-peat for injury champions.

1 hour ago, Vorsutus said:

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I can agree Tannehill likely played the best football we will ever see out of him last year, but the Titans are built to win dude. That’s a good team right there with a really solid coach.

Here’s what I’m saying:

I believe the Titans are more likely to go 7-9 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs than make it back to deep into the playoffs. I’m not predicting a 4-12 season or anything, just saying I think they miss the playoffs. JMHO

• Like 1