What team unexpectedly collapses this year

patriotsheatyan

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

You think they’re going to collapse coming off of a 5-11 season? I’d love to see the mental gymnastics logic here.

I assume it's based on expectations.

Unless yall are expecting another 5 win season.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:43 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

Probably Tampa Bay.  

Brady needs Belichick and Belichick needs Brady.  He doesn't have McDaniels either.  

I can't see Brady pulling off the same kind of success in Tampa that he did in New England.  

And, Gronk has been out of the league for a year.  You just can't pick up where you left off after being out of the league for that amount of time.  

They don't have much of a defense either.  

It all depends on how good Tampa's video equipment is and how sneaky their video staff is. :)

Edited by coffeedrinker
  • Like 2

Lots of good teams to choose from

Patriots - No Brady

Packers - Not sure they were quite as good as their record said last year, but your record is your record

Saints - Brees is getting older

49ers - Super Bowl hangover

Titans - Is Tanny really the guy?

Ravens - I don't see it but it could happen if enough injuries occur

Bills - Allen needs to take another step, really like their roster though

Texans - B.O.B

On 7/12/2020 at 7:49 PM, rocky_rams said:

Of course you do. Niners need all the help they can get. 

Go troll somewhere else. 

yeah niners need all the help they can get with that overpaid Belichick system quarterback they have the audacity to try to convince everyone is Super Bowl caliber

Edited by Chris87

On 7/12/2020 at 9:38 PM, Vorsutus said:

I kinda look forward to it at this point. We sneak in and smash some teams dreams. We did it to kc, then the pats, then bal. It feels great. One time we are going to kill everyone's dreams.

um, you didn’t smash KC’s dream. they smashed yours...

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 5:43 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Probably Tampa Bay.  

Brady needs Belichick and Belichick needs Brady.  He doesn't have McDaniels either.  

I can't see Brady pulling off the same kind of success in Tampa that he did in New England.  

And, Gronk has been out of the league for a year.  You just can't pick up where you left off after being out of the league for that amount of time.  

They don't have much of a defense either.  

It’s a shame they don’t have any good offensive players other than Gronk, huh? And that number one-ranked run defense sure does suck. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris87 said:

yeah niners need all the help they can get with that overpaid Belichick system quarterback they have the audacity to try to convince everyone is Super Bowl caliber

I mean, he did help the team get to the super bowl, so the super bowl caliber part is fine. Super bowl winning caliber is still up for debate, but people know that can be fairly random; Marino couldn't do it but Nick Foles could. 

Overpaid? Meh. The only thing he's really that high in is total value of the deal (4th), but as we know, that doesn't really mean anything in the NFL. He's 12th in AAV, I believe, and 12th in total guarantees. His cap hit is about right for what he brings to the table. 

Also, I have no idea why he's a BB system quarterback. Shouldn't he be a Shanny system quarterback (the answer is yes)? More to that point, for that purpose, I would totally just recycle underpaid and rookie deal quarterbacks under Shanny and see if I can continue to keep a fairly efficient offense without putting typical quarterback money into it. There are a few coaches that could do that with some degree of success (or at least enough projected success that they could take the shot) so if I were the niners I would totally do it. 

I do agree that most people would think that if the team wins the super bowl, its probably going to be Shanny getting more of the credit than Jimmy G, I have no problem thinking that will be the case. Though on one hand, it's important to remember that last year was legitimately his first full season of playing in the NFL, so there is a possibility of improvement, though I'm not bullish on it. 

Packers are the easy/popular pick.

Seahawks I pick every year and Russell just decides to be amazing despite what he has and drag that team along year after year. I'm going to be right one of these years.

Houston - BOB

29 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Packers are the easy/popular pick.

No kidding -  and the national media and public opinion are all piling on that one.
I can certainly see a regression from 14 down to 10 or 11 wins, but there's really no legit reason to expect a collapse except for the fantasy-driven narrative:
" But they didn't draft a WR !!!" 

Sweeping the division is a hell of an accomplishment and attributing that to luck is kinda silly - same with getting to the NFC-CG.
So be it, I'm often reminded that the masses are assses and you can profit handsomely by going in the opposite direction.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:34 PM, ET80 said:

If someone came from the future and told me the Colts won the division at 8-8, I wouldn't be too shocked...

I would be....at the 8-8 part. Leave the QB aside, because I have a hard time guessing that PR will give the Colts worse QB play than what they had last year. 

They added a beast on the D-line, and drafted a chain moving WR and another beast at RB. 8-8 would flat out stun me. 

Edited by Warhorse