Redskins Are Changing Their Name

ILoveTheVikings

Just now, Zalixar said:

That would be awesome.

Warriors would be so lame.  The probably one time they will change it and it's gunna be so generic and overdone.

I dont think Warriors would be lame if not used generically. If used as the original meaning for medieval knights/their troops, then it could have some backing. But this, "Anything that fights is a warrior" crap Ill pass.

Local beat writers are confirming that something else is getting announced on Monday as well.  Earlier Sunday, the director of pro scouting, who had been with the team since 2006, was fired as well as the assistant pro scouting director.  It could be another position being axed.  I'm thinking a big name is pulling out of the season due to Covid. 

24 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

That would be awesome.

Warriors would be so lame.  The probably one time they will change it and it's gunna be so generic and overdone.

I think Warriors is off the table because they’re trying to avoid any Native American  similarities 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Will they get new uniforms too? And will this come into effect this season?

Only thing announced for sure is that the name is changing, other changes are TBD due to a trademark issue- likely means they are trying to acquire it.  Many people are leaning Warriors because of Snyder having the trademark but letting it lapse, allowing someone to pick it up (who has 50 other name trademarks for potential team names)

We're not doing well with this one, so we'll unlock it once the name is revealed.

I've deleted nearly a page worth of insults and content veering towards areas we don't like. If you don't see your post here, it means you're venturing into a spot we don't want you to venture into.

Take that as your cue to what we're expecting here.

Tks 

- ET

• Like 5