WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Could be tampering, loss of draft picks, or something that goes higher and potentially costs Kyle Smith or Doug Williams their job.  

I mean, we've already lost cap space, so what's a couple draft picks in a 2021 draft that could absolutely be loaded with talent wanting to jump to the NFL and get paid because of Covid?

Was just coming here to say that this is the not good news that we won't want to hear. Either by firing or resignation. My money is on one of them no longer being a part of the team.

OR...

Jack Del Rio is being let go (let's not talk about the WHY, okay people?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Was just coming here to say that this is the not good news that we won't want to hear. Either by firing or resignation. My money is on one of them no longer being a part of the team.

OR...

Jack Del Rio is being let go (let's not talk about the WHY, okay people?)

If they tampered or did something else, this is Capgate 2.0 for us.  I would hate if we lost draft picks more than the cap space right now, because I predict 2021 being loaded with talent due to players bailing on college football.  

In any event, it took over 7 months, but Rivera is finally getting the true Washington experience under Dan Snyder.  Let's see how he handles it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Could be tampering, loss of draft picks, or something that goes higher and potentially costs Kyle Smith or Doug Williams their job.  

I mean, we've already lost cap space, so what's a couple draft picks in a 2021 draft that could absolutely be loaded with talent wanting to jump to the NFL and get paid because of Covid?

Could be tampering I guess, but w/ who? We didn't sign anyone but Fuller. Maybe the Cowboys w/ Cooper? That would be the only thing. I think it's just the firing of Santos. They said ”non-football reasons, ” well, that means nothing to do w/ tampering or losing picks/cap space again. 

No offense guys, but the worst news I'm getting tomorrow is the Redskins will no longer be the team name.

So, they could come out & say the team was on a cruise ship party boat during Covid 19, while Chase Young slipped & broke his leg handing Fred Smoot a cocktail & all 3 SB trophies were lost at sea because Daniel Jones was partying with them & had them in his hands.

And all I would be thinking is....

Damn...Were the ******* "Washington Redwoods"

Ahhhh...the Del Rio ordeal. Didn't think about that.

And that would be considered non-football related.

Oh well....we're already getting kicked in the nuts from the name change.

Del Rio fired or docked draft picks would just be a spit Loogie, while we lay on the ground.

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If they tampered or did something else, this is Capgate 2.0 for us.  I would hate if we lost draft picks more than the cap space right now, because I predict 2021 being loaded with talent due to players bailing on college football.  

In any event, it took over 7 months, but Rivera is finally getting the true Washington experience under Dan Snyder.  Let's see how he handles it. 

Yeah, but if we tampered, it would be the NFL announcing it, not the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Someone from the Panthers is being brought in. Don Warren will be our new Pro Scout. I'm not sure how to feel with all these Rivera guy's. From a far it just seems like Rivera just replaced everyone with his old staff. 

Exactly.  I noted this when he came in.  The only area where I think we upgraded from those coaches are Del Rio as DC and Matsko on the OL.  Right now, I was down on Turner but like him a lot more, but he's still a push with KOC right now.  The rest have a lot to prove because the Panthers were a sub .500 team since they went 15-1 in 2015, and Rivera has four winning seasons in nine years there.  

I would feel a whole lot better if there was some more variation in his staff.  

• Like 1