WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

I just don’t think I buy the claims about paying off refs. It’s not that I think he’s above it, although I have watched every game for decades, and I’ve rarely thought the Redskins were getting favorable questionable calls. It’s just that it seems really farfetched that all this would be coming out at once. 

I mean, what are the odds that the same reporter (or even the same paper) is simultaneously breaking TWO enormous stories about the local team? Because the sex/drugs/alcohol culture is a huge story all on its own, and the bribing refs would be an earth-shattering story all on its own. This could be two of the five (or less?) biggest NFL exposes in recent memory, and they’re both coming out in the same story? This stuff has been going on for a decade, and they got sources to report on both of them in the same week? 

There’s really only one way it could reasonably happen. That way has a name, and it’s B-R-U-C-E. Basically, I believe the only way they could possibly actually have the goods on both toxic culture and ref bribing is if it’s based on a complete document dump by Bruce. I feel like being provided with an entire cache of info at one time is the only way it could develop like that. And I find that a little far-fetched, because Bruce blowing the whistle on the ref bribing would also be him admitting he was complicit in a fairly serious crime. Which is a long way to go to get back at your old buddy.

The one thing I’ll say, though, is that there’s word out there about the reporter who is taking the lead on this story. And from a look at his resume, guess where he used to work before coming to DC and joining the Post?

Tampa Bay 😂

• Like 1

It's why I imagine anything on the field is to do with betting on the game. Beyond the lack of "good calls" from Ref's over the years, I just can't imagine getting away with bribing ref's like that. The NFL and the Ref's are far to incestual for someone else to not have picked it up and reported it. I can easily imagine, with Jay Gruden's lackadaisical approach, point-shaving or trying to hit the over/under fairly often. It'd explain an awful lot of the weird ways the team would play for him.

Team owner Daniel Snyder declined several requests for an interview. Over the past week, as The Post presented detailed allegations and findings to the club, three team employees accused of improper behavior abruptly departed, including Larry Michael, the club’s longtime radio voice, and Alex Santos, the team’s director of pro personnel.

Theres your sudden Larry Michael retirement. 

2 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

So, I get this is awful and bad, but this is not gonna get Dan Snyder removed from ownership. He's not named, and the people who were are all gone. Like...this is a dud that won't be talked about in a few days.

Disagree. It’s going to be talked about for ages, especially given the lack of sports right now. More people will come forward I’d imagine. NFL will make a move.

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Disagree. It’s going to be talked about for ages, especially given the lack of sports right now. More people will come forward I’d imagine. NFL will make a move.

I just don't see it. This isn't comparable to Richardson, because Richardson was the one making comments. This is essentially the Robert Kraft story. An embarassment, but one they'll sweep under the rug.

Don't get me wrong, I wanna be wrong but they'll just say they fired all those involved and are bettering themselves internally. Snyder never heard about it, it's all Allen's fault, etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

So, I get this is awful and bad, but this is not gonna get Dan Snyder removed from ownership. He's not named, and the people who were are all gone. Like...this is a dud that won't be talked about in a few days.

Yup. Sorry you guys, Snyder still reigns supreme. Mark Cuban and the Mavericks had a similar work culture problem. He's still an owner. Snyder will be protected by his big gun firm, and even in the article the cheerleaders say he wasn't directly involved. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Brian23 said:

I just don't see it. This isn't comparable to Richardson, because Richardson was the one making comments. This is essentially the Robert Kraft story. An embarassment, but one they'll sweep under the rug.

Don't get me wrong, I wanna be wrong but they'll just say they fired all those involved and are bettering themselves internally. Snyder never heard about it, it's all Allen's fault, etc. etc.

Im not through yet. Woman crying at her desk several times a week 30 feet from Allens office and its nothing to him is disgusting. Things like that cant be tossed at Dan. And neither can nobody willing to speak up about anything. Some things he probably knew, but so far if he did. Its probably only like 2% of things. Cause hes not around  and nobody brings up a random rump slap in a convo with him Im sure.

44 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I just don’t think I buy the claims about paying off refs. It’s not that I think he’s above it, although I have watched every game for decades, and I’ve rarely thought the Redskins were getting favorable questionable calls. It’s just that it seems really farfetched that all this would be coming out at once. 

I mean, what are the odds that the same reporter (or even the same paper) is simultaneously breaking TWO enormous stories about the local team? Because the sex/drugs/alcohol culture is a huge story all on its own, and the bribing refs would be an earth-shattering story all on its own. This could be two of the five (or less?) biggest NFL exposes in recent memory, and they’re both coming out in the same story? This stuff has been going on for a decade, and they got sources to report on both of them in the same week? 

There’s really only one way it could reasonably happen. That way has a name, and it’s B-R-U-C-E. Basically, I believe the only way they could possibly actually have the goods on both toxic culture and ref bribing is if it’s based on a complete document dump by Bruce. I feel like being provided with an entire cache of info at one time is the only way it could develop like that. And I find that a little far-fetched, because Bruce blowing the whistle on the ref bribing would also be him admitting he was complicit in a fairly serious crime. Which is a long way to go to get back at your old buddy.

The one thing I’ll say, though, is that there’s word out there about the reporter who is taking the lead on this story. And from a look at his resume, guess where he used to work before coming to DC and joining the Post?

Tampa Bay 😂

This is why I called Bruce as the source earlier. He's the only one with this much dirt that has an axe to grind