WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

Of course this broke when I went into a meeting...

I know we were broken to it a little bit before this, but I am shocked and appalled by this. It's horrifying, and I really feel for these women and what they had to go through. Dan Snyder is the head of this organization and let this happen under his watch. He should IMMEDIATELY put the team up for sale and be banished from the league. If he won't, these owners sure as hell better make him. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Of course this broke when I went into a meeting...

I know we were broken to it a little bit before this, but I am shocked and appalled by this. It's horrifying, and I really feel for these women and what they had to go through. Dan Snyder is the head of this organization and let this happen under his watch. He should IMMEDIATELY put the team up for sale and be banished from the league. If he won't, these owners sure as hell better make him. 

But they won't though. The article has no implications of Snyder, and really only implicates Allen as the reason for this happening. He's got full plausible deniability in this, and he can just point to all the perpetrators being removed. The reason the Owner's won't remove him, even if they hate him, is because they don't want their head to be on the chopping block next. If you can be removed because stuff happened you weren't aware of, then a lot of these owners could be removed eventually.

• Like 1

Maybe there was on the field issues, but NFL lawyers stepped in and put a stop to that. That's why it took until 5PM EST for the Washington Post to drop the report. More stuff might come out later.  If other stuff alleged was true, it could take a while to get through litigation because of the huge legal ramifications in gambling on games or something involving throwing games etc...

I can't commend him for not going the extra mile, but Eric Shaeffer seems to not be involved.

Schaffer was appalled by the verbal abuse Applegate endured from Gershman, she said he told her, and he offered to serve as a witness or connect her with a lawyer if she wanted to file a formal complaint. Applegate declined, and said she feared making an issue of Gershman’s conduct would mark the end of her career with the team.

Applegate regards Schaffer as one of the few male team executives who treated her well. Some of her former colleagues, however, expressed outrage that Schaffer didn’t file a complaint of his own. According to the employee manual, “all supervisory and management personnel of the Redskins organization are expected to take immediate and appropriate action to prevent or stop harassment in the workplace of which they become aware.”

1 hour ago, Brian23 said:

But they won't though. The article has no implications of Snyder, and really only implicates Allen as the reason for this happening. He's got full plausible deniability in this, and he can just point to all the perpetrators being removed. The reason the Owner's won't remove him, even if they hate him, is because they don't want their head to be on the chopping block next. If you can be removed because stuff happened you weren't aware of, then a lot of these owners could be removed eventually.

100% correct. This is nowhere near enough to put Snyder on the block, in my view. 

Once I read the part about not being able to tie it to Snyder, or even to Bruce Allen, the U.S.S. Forced to Sell set sail right out of the DC harbor. He’s not getting forced out for something his subordinates did, especially when he’s already fired everyone involved or otherwise forced out everyone named in the story. 

Not saying I think that’s right, necessarily. The story is disturbing and the behavior of the men involved is disgusting. I have no doubt it was part of the culture here, likely condoned and probably when shielded by Snyder and Allen. But this is not going to create seismic change, unless there’s more that’s yet to be verified/printed.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian23 said:

I don't even know if Bruce was implicated either.  His name only pops up twice.  

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

100% correct. This is nowhere near enough to put Snyder on the block, in my view. 

Once I read the part about not being able to tie it to Snyder, or even to Bruce Allen, the U.S.S. Forced to Sell set sail right out of the DC harbor. He’s not getting forced out for something his subordinates did, especially when he’s already fired everyone involved or otherwise forced out everyone named in the story. 

Not saying I think that’s right, necessarily. The story is disturbing and the behavior of the men involved is disgusting. I have no doubt it was part of the culture here, likely condoned and probably when shielded by Snyder and Allen. But this is not going to create seismic change, unless there’s more that’s yet to be verified/printed.

Yeah, this would have more smoke if it was what was rumored- buying off refs, drug parties, etc. 

It just seems that Snyder was grossly underinformed, which is still not an excuse but he can get by with it this time.  It's also part of the #metoo movement, similar to the name getting changed in our "winds of change" if you will.  This behavior is clearly reprehensible and indefensible, and should have been put to bed a long time ago. but he will get a chance to fix this. 

Also, it's pretty wild that a company that employs 220 people has only one HR person.  In my organization, we have two full-time HR and the owner and other senior leaders play a big HR role.  

• Like 1

Snyder declined several requests for an interview, according to the Post. Allen also did not reply to interview requests. The NFL has not yet responded to an ESPN request for comment

"The Washington Redskins football team takes issues of employee conduct seriously," the team said in a statement to the Post. "While we do not speak to specific employee situations publicly, when new allegations of conduct are brought forward that are contrary to these policies, we address them promptly."

Nothing has changed

Edited by Slappy Mc

Everyone implicated is no longer with the team.

Sounds like some considerable ongoing day to day sexual harassment occurred from a few individuals.   Definitely disappointing, but cmon this is underwhelming based on the shock and awe they have been selling us on.  

Definitely an indicator of a work place culture or rather organizational failures.  But I don't see snyder as being implicated at all, nor do I really think it would be his job to be the guy in charge of this type of business process.