Jump to content
naptownskinsfan

WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

But I don't see snyder as being implicated at all, nor do I really think it would be his job to be the guy in charge of this type of business process.

What? He owns it. He is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on. He hired the dudes that perpetuated this heinous culture. It's on him IMO, whether he actually took part in sexual harassment or not its all on him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What? He owns it. He is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on. He hired the dudes that perpetuated this heinous culture. It's on him IMO, whether he actually took part in sexual harassment or not its all on him. 

If you want to blame him for perpetrating a culture that enables this by having guys like Bruce Allen as his number 2, I guess.  Although, I think Bruce Allen was very good at disguising his scum ball nature.  To me the real low life culture stuff really seemed to happen while Allen was here.  Sure Snyder has always seemed petty and did absurd stuff from a football perspective, but I don't think of this nature.

I certainly don't blame Snyder for not overseeing the human resource program or rooting out potential sexual harassment.  He is an owner of a very large organization.  Do you really think human resources is something he spends time on or most owners do?  Surely small business owners get their hands dirty with this, but a big company like this?  Highly unlikely.   

The buck stops at the top, but I don't see this as a snyder problem unless we find out that he was aware of ongoing sexual harassment or allegations or something like that and he did nothing.   For a supposed tell all article, it certainly doesn't say that.  Sorry, I am not on the blame snyder for everything bandwagon.  Over the last 20 years, he has made plenty of significant mistakes that we can directly blame him for, I don't need to put something on him that isn't him.

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If you want to blame him for perpetrating a culture that enables this by having guys like Bruce Allen as his number 2, I guess.  Although, I think Bruce Allen was very good at disguising his scum ball nature.  To me the real low life culture stuff really seemed to happen while Allen was here.  Sure Snyder has always seemed petty and did absurd stuff from a football perspective, but I don't think of this nature.

I certainly don't blame Snyder for not overseeing the human resource program or rooting out potential sexual harassment.  He is an owner of a very large organization.  Do you really think human resources is something he spends time on or most owners do?  Surely small business owners get their hands dirty with this, but a big company like this?  Highly unlikely.   

The buck stops at the top, but I don't see this as a snyder problem unless we find out that he was aware of ongoing sexual harassment or allegations or something like that and he did nothing.   For a supposed tell all article, it certainly doesn't say that.  Sorry, I am not on the blame snyder for everything bandwagon.  Over the last 20 years, he has made plenty of significant mistakes that we can directly blame him for, I don't need to put something on him that isn't him.

There is no way you or anyone can defend this. Any way this goes, it’s a black eye. Now, the worst case would be that he participated, and that would cause the end of his ownership.

the second worst is if he was actively in the building, knew what was going on and did nothing. 
 

What actually happened is that we have an absentee owner. That’s the best case of a terrible scenario but he is still the owner, he is ultimately the one responsible for the culture he is directly (or in this case indirectly) responsible for the culture happening under his watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what was Larry Michael really talking about with “skintangibles?”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I should just self ban over that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay I should just self ban over that one 

How you act is not on you. Its the owners fault.

I mean... Giving a Hokie mod powers?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivera released a statement saying this won't happen under his watch.  

So take with that what you will.  Signs still point to him being much more involved for my liking, but this doesn't give any conclusive evidence as both football operations and business operations were doing some shady stuff.  

I've gotta say guys, even though this isn't as bad as we thought, I'm still not sure I can support this team much more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As terrible as this is, it isn’t enough to force Dan to sell. I think the hype around the article will, in a sad way, bury the substance of it. 
I still don’t get why the team wouldn’t get out in front of something like this. “We’re aware of this situation in our offices and all those involved will be terminated immediately.” 
I do love Rivera’s quote though. Hopefully this gives Dan the kick in the rear he needs to get this thing going the right way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigdog44 said:

As terrible as this is, it isn’t enough to force Dan to sell. I think the hype around the article will, in a sad way, bury the substance of it. 
I still don’t get why the team wouldn’t get out in front of something like this. “We’re aware of this situation in our offices and all those involved will be terminated immediately.” 
I do love Rivera’s quote though. Hopefully this gives Dan the kick in the rear he needs to get this thing going the right way. 

Just like with the team name, he was hoping this would blow over.  Problem is, the #metoo movement just picked up a ton of steam on the heels of so many wrestlers being outed a few weeks ago for similar things.  That might have been the push for some people to come forward.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, the #metoo movement just picked up a ton of steam on the heels of so many wrestlers being outed a few weeks ago for similar things.

Unfortunately that kind of blew over....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deadpulse said:

Unfortunately that kind of blew over....

It did blow over, but it could have caused people to be more confident in coming forward.  

Also, unless something is systemic, there is a problem with coming forward.  Lots of different guys were named, but it was across different promotions.  Nothing really connected the dots.  Here you can connect a ton of them because it's coming from one centralized location.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There is no way you or anyone can defend this. Any way this goes, it’s a black eye. Now, the worst case would be that he participated, and that would cause the end of his ownership.

the second worst is if he was actively in the building, knew what was going on and did nothing. 
 

What actually happened is that we have an absentee owner. That’s the best case of a terrible scenario but he is still the owner, he is ultimately the one responsible for the culture he is directly (or in this case indirectly) responsible for the culture happening under his watch. 

I'm not defending this.  It is a horrible thing and certainly a huge black eye for the organization as you say.  I am just saying I don't blame snyder personally.  The information thus far points to him not being implicated or knowledgeable of this.  

All kinds of things happen in businesses this big.  Acting like he should know everything in the building is a bit much.  Yes, he should take some heat for this and you are right that in the end he is responsible for the organization as crap rolls up hill.  But I am not going to act like this is his fault.  If they released that snyder was aware of multiple harassment allegations then I would think differently.

And in terms of an absentee owner; that is exactly what we were all asking for before the Bruce Allen days started.  We got what we asked for.  Unfortunately, the guy who he hired to be his buffer and primary guy in charge of day to day operations turned out to be a lousy hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Snyder will be forced to sell the team, which I think is a good thing, but the bad thing is if John Mara gets his way they will lose a draft pick or more and salary cap space.  Mara won't wait until this has been investigated like the sexual assault allegations against Jerry Jones in 2009 or 2010 which were dismissed after her allegedly paid out $1M over 4 years, and they won't turn a blind eye like they are doing with Robert Kraft and his happy ending. Mara is the jack hole that lead the charge to have them stripped of $36M and the Cowboys stripped of $10M, while the Saints and Chiefs did the same thing but didn't lose any money, they just didn't get any money when it was divided up by the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

What? He owns it. He is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on. He hired the dudes that perpetuated this heinous culture. It's on him IMO, whether he actually took part in sexual harassment or not its all on him. 

This, when you own any business you are responsible for what yiur employees do on the job, it’s part of the risk you assume. Larry Michael has been Dan Snyder’s mouthpiece for almost 20 years and if tge allegations are true, that falls back on Snyder. Santos was a Vinny hire in 06, Snyder kept him around for almost 15 years, again Snyder paid them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...