WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

18 minutes ago, skinsfan68 said:

I think Snyder will be forced to sell the team, which I think is a good thing, but the bad thing is if John Mara gets his way they will lose a draft pick or more and salary cap space.  Mara won't wait until this has been investigated like the sexual assault allegations against Jerry Jones in 2009 or 2010 which were dismissed after her allegedly paid out $1M over 4 years, and they won't turn a blind eye like they are doing with Robert Kraft and his happy ending. Mara is the jack hole that lead the charge to have them stripped of $36M and the Cowboys stripped of $10M, while the Saints and Chiefs did the same thing but didn't lose any money, they just didn't get any money when it was divided up by the league.

Seeing as this isn’t football related, I don’t see draft picks being docked, but I do see lawsuits and hefty fines. Dan forcing to sell the team by other owners who already don’t like him is honestly the biggest punishment you can give the man. Dan better get that checkbook ready bro!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I'm not defending this.  It is a horrible thing and certainly a huge black eye for the organization as you say.  I am just saying I don't blame snyder personally.  The information thus far points to him not being implicated or knowledgeable of this.  

All kinds of things happen in businesses this big.  Acting like he should know everything in the building is a bit much.  Yes, he should take some heat for this and you are right that in the end he is responsible for the organization as crap rolls up hill.  But I am not going to act like this is his fault.  If they released that snyder was aware of multiple harassment allegations then I would think differently.

And in terms of an absentee owner; that is exactly what we were all asking for before the Bruce Allen days started.  We got what we asked for.  Unfortunately, the guy who he hired to be his buffer and primary guy in charge of day to day operations turned out to be a lousy hire.

You have no need to step in and say that Snyder shouldn't be blamed personally.  He let this happen, not you.  Your fandom didn't cause this or affect it in any way.  He chose to buy the team and run it how he wanted to, and now it's coming home to roost.  

It is stated in the article that the Redskins are an organization with 220 employees, that obviously are not game day people.  He also chose to employ only one HR person, who probably shouldn't even be there if they took a computer and returned it with evidence removed.  My boss has 300 people, and if we allowed something like this to happen, chances are he would lose the business.  I'm on his senior leadership team and we meet monthly about the state of what I am responsible for.  He is in one of our locations daily and is constantly meeting with people and verifying what I am saying by the actions I am doing, and what other people are saying.  He is ensuring that the culture he wants is happening.  

Look, Snyder has his senior leadership team, who were at the core of this.  If this guy was at any of the team events, or even bothered to show up to work, he would see what was happening.  Even having his door open might have convinced someone to say something.  But he didn't do that.  He took the word of Bruce Allen as gospel, and never chose to verify anything himself.  

"Trust, but Verify" are the rules that I live by.  Snyder didn't do this, and this is 100% his fault.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skinsfan68 said:

I think Snyder will be forced to sell the team, which I think is a good thing, but the bad thing is if John Mara gets his way they will lose a draft pick or more and salary cap space.  Mara won't wait until this has been investigated like the sexual assault allegations against Jerry Jones in 2009 or 2010 which were dismissed after her allegedly paid out $1M over 4 years, and they won't turn a blind eye like they are doing with Robert Kraft and his happy ending. Mara is the jack hole that lead the charge to have them stripped of $36M and the Cowboys stripped of $10M, while the Saints and Chiefs did the same thing but didn't lose any money, they just didn't get any money when it was divided up by the league.

I don't think he will be forced to sell unless this goes deeper than what came out in the WaPo report.  If some of the rumored items that were leaked out actually happened and aren't rumors, then we can talk potential of a sale.  

John Mara is an interesting point.  However, this happened off the field.  I think he can push for a hefty fine, but I don't think that the team would be docked draft picks or cap space.  The other owners have to approve that, and that is a very slippery slope for them.  

• Like 1

I don't see this making him sell the team. Dan wasn't accused of any misconduct himself but seemingly allowing such actions to happen while in charge. If Rivera can get his staff in and actually change the environment (I think is no question gonna happen) plus win (second or 3rd year with Rivera as coach IMO)  things will be looking up for the Franchise very soon. Dan might have to pay a fine but again I don't see him having to sell the team. They have replaced the accused with a very Good Character Guy in Rivera so as long as he Wins I don't see this damaging the Franchise much. It's a Fresh Start.

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You have no need to step in and say that Snyder shouldn't be blamed personally.  He let this happen, not you.  Your fandom didn't cause this or affect it in any way.  He chose to buy the team and run it how he wanted to, and now it's coming home to roost.  

It is stated in the article that the Redskins are an organization with 220 employees, that obviously are not game day people.  He also chose to employ only one HR person, who probably shouldn't even be there if they took a computer and returned it with evidence removed.  My boss has 300 people, and if we allowed something like this to happen, chances are he would lose the business.  I'm on his senior leadership team and we meet monthly about the state of what I am responsible for.  He is in one of our locations daily and is constantly meeting with people and verifying what I am saying by the actions I am doing, and what other people are saying.  He is ensuring that the culture he wants is happening.  

Look, Snyder has his senior leadership team, who were at the core of this.  If this guy was at any of the team events, or even bothered to show up to work, he would see what was happening.  Even having his door open might have convinced someone to say something.  But he didn't do that.  He took the word of Bruce Allen as gospel, and never chose to verify anything himself.  

"Trust, but Verify" are the rules that I live by.  Snyder didn't do this, and this is 100% his fault.  

Exactly another unions president was forced into retirement last year for sexual harassment. We were close, he lived in tge apartment building I used to live in in Silver Spring, Heck, the guy was at my wedding! I felt awful! Just betrayed, stabbed in the back and so disappointed.

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Maybe there was on the field issues, but NFL lawyers stepped in and put a stop to that. That's why it took until 5PM EST for the Washington Post to drop the report. More stuff might come out later.  If other stuff alleged was true, it could take a while to get through litigation because of the huge legal ramifications in gambling on games or something involving throwing games etc...

We've got our big story already, and it's unarguably a big one, it just doesn't sound like it's gonna have the repercussions a lot of people were strung on to expect. At this point it really does look like they hyped it up to "Dan Snyder gets crucified" levels just so they could sell a few subscriptions on its back. The WaPo's gotta eat too you know!

Edited by LeonKennedy

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've gotta say guys, even though this isn't as bad as we thought, I'm still not sure I can support this team much more.  

People keep saying that. It's bad. (I'm not saying you're not saying that, I'm just generalizing from a lot of what I am seeing and cherry picking your statement).

We just let the rumor mill get to us while we waited. I also am not sure it ends there...

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Seeing as this isn’t football related, I don’t see draft picks being docked, but I do see lawsuits and hefty fines. Dan forcing to sell the team by other owners who already don’t like him is honestly the biggest punishment you can give the man. Dan better get that checkbook ready bro!

I think you're right, re: draft picks. Didn't Richardson just get a huge fine?

Interesting that the NFL is just letting the team use the legal team they hired themselves and not hiring their own independent investigation. Snyder might get away from this relatively unscathed (mostly I mean not forced to sell the team). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't think he will be forced to sell unless this goes deeper than what came out in the WaPo report.  If some of the rumored items that were leaked out actually happened and aren't rumors, then we can talk potential of a sale.  

John Mara is an interesting point.  However, this happened off the field.  I think he can push for a hefty fine, but I don't think that the team would be docked draft picks or cap space.  The other owners have to approve that, and that is a very slippery slope for them.  

I'm actually starting to think that the owners MIGHT have a wedge they can drive into the gap (so to speak) to force him to sell.

These women signed NDAs (to keep quiet of the wrongdoing). These were basically 15 settlements to not disclose the illegal acts (yes...illegal). And I can almost guarantee that the consideration provided by the team was in the form of $$.

So, at that point, no one can say that Dan didn't know or "wasn't involved".

Now, the usual arguments apply here (large corporations have these things a lot and pay out, etc...). But this is only 220 people with 1 HR person. And while it was over a period of 14 years, it still is something that Snyder had to sign off each time.

So there IS a chance. Just doubtful that it will happen