WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

13 hours ago, skinsfan68 said:

I think Snyder will be forced to sell the team, which I think is a good thing, but the bad thing is if John Mara gets his way they will lose a draft pick or more and salary cap space.  Mara won't wait until this has been investigated like the sexual assault allegations against Jerry Jones in 2009 or 2010 which were dismissed after her allegedly paid out $1M over 4 years, and they won't turn a blind eye like they are doing with Robert Kraft and his happy ending. Mara is the jack hole that lead the charge to have them stripped of $36M and the Cowboys stripped of $10M, while the Saints and Chiefs did the same thing but didn't lose any money, they just didn't get any money when it was divided up by the league.

Snyder has 3 kids. 2 in their 20s. He would just pass it to them before selling.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I realize admitting fault here is the same as doing so in an auto accident. But holy crap this statement takes absolutely no responsibility, or even guarantee that “recommendations” will be followed. 

Yep it’s a soft statement. They do this all the time. Put out a soft statement and nothing changes. I hope things change but it remains to be seen as we all have said for months now since Bruce was fired. 

I don’t know about if there’s enough there there to force Dan to sell the team. Look what Robert Kraft did himself personally and he just got a slap on the wrist. Look as much as we don’t want to admit it, the NFL owners and most of their staffs is an old boys club. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I realize admitting fault here is the same as doing so in an auto accident. But holy crap this statement takes absolutely no responsibility, or even guarantee that “recommendations” will be followed. 

What do you expect?  Lawyers are involved, this is dangerous ground, they must tread lightly.  They are doing an investigation, they promised to work with nfl, they fired everyone involved...what else can they do?  How can they guarantee an unknown?   This isn't something you can wrap up with a bow tie a day after it goes public.  Unfortunately for us, this is going to be a process.

Even if they institute all the policies and hire a 10 person HR department, it isn't like policies stop sexual harassment.  Sexual harassment and generally work place harassment has been going on since the beginning of time and will continue to go on likely until the robots take all the jobs.     

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone have a sub to TheAthletic? Scot McCloughan has a piece kinda defending Dan. Would like to know some of the things Scot has to say on the matter.

“Dan was nothing but good to me and the people (within the organization),” said McCloughan, who credited Snyder with providing any needed resources during his time in Washington. “Yeah, he’s taking a bath right now. I’ve been around four different owners in my professional career. He’s the best. We’re talking Green Bay. They don’t have a single owner, but a committee. Of course, San Fran. The York family, the DeBartolo’s. Great, great people. The whole package. Paul Allen. Phenomenal in Seattle. Dan Snyder is right there. He was not a bad owner.”

“(Dan) cares about people. I’ve been in the NFL way too long and have seen owners that don’t, and I’ve been lucky enough to be in organizations that they do. And he’s no different than the ones that won Super Bowls in the last 10 years. No different. He does not wish ill will on anybody. Is he a tough guy about wanting to win games? Heck yeah, but people respect that, especially in the building. For (anyone) to think he was all about the Redskins no matter what and not about the people is wrong. He cared about people.”

“What’s going on with the organization, I should have been aware of it,” said McCloughan, who put the onus on himself and former team president Bruce Allen since “we were in the building every day. … I think it happens in every organization I’ve been in. It’s just pinpointing (Washington) because the investigation had certain texts from certain people.”

https://theathletic.com/1935616/2020/07/17/nothing-but-positive-former-washington-gm-scot-mccloughan-defends-dan-snyder/

I'm sure I'd get in trouble if I posted anything more.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

To follow up on what @HTTRDynasty posted from the article, the rest of it is equally positive about Snyder. Shockingly so, to be honest. I haven’t heard too many people talk that positively about Dan (or about anyone for that matter) — and it’s coming from a guy who would have plenty of reason (and probably plenty of ammo) to fire away with both barrels if he was inclined to. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

To follow up on what @HTTRDynasty posted from the article, the rest of it is equally positive about Snyder. Shockingly so, to be honest. I haven’t heard too many people talk that positively about Dan (or about anyone for that matter) — and it’s coming from a guy who would have plenty of reason (and probably plenty of ammo) to fire away with both barrels if he was inclined to. 

Strangely, he was very positive about Bruce Allen as well.  Didn't expect that.  Almost makes me think those guys may have dirt on him.  But that's just my inner pessimist talking. 

I’m not sure what to believe honestly... Maybe this is true?? 

I guess I don't know why he’d lie about it but at the same time he and Swearinger could have axes to grind considering how it ended for Swearinger and Bibbs wasn't kept when it seemed like he should have been at the end of 2017.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kapri Bibbs was a scrub third down back. I highly, highly doubt this dude had any access to Dan Snyder. 

Doesn't have to have access to Dan Snyder to hear what's going on around the workplace. That being said, who knows. I don't know what to believe.