WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

When everyone in an organization up to the highest level is in on the act, why would you have any faith your complaints would be taken seriously. I’m certain there’s people in all industries, not just cheerleaders, who feel they have to take abuse if they want to keep being able to earn a living. 

Leave and find another TEAM to Cheer for or report the acts to the Police. They couldn't do that? 

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Leave and find another TEAM to Cheer for or report the acts to the Police. They couldn't do that? 

I’m not going to sit here and criticize women who suffered harassment and abuse from an organization who has already admitted it has a culture of harassment and abuse. 

• Like 1

This is basically just them rewriting the same article with some supposed new allegations from that time period.  I am pretty sure we established that some inappropriate stuff was going on from the article years ago.   That being said, it is hard for me to not help thinking this is a bit of opportunist click bait.  The Washington Post is not exactly an objective newspaper and surely have an ax to grind.  Piling on the team at any opportunity is like a hobby for them.  

45 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m not going to sit here and criticize women who suffered harassment and abuse from an organization who has already admitted it has a culture of harassment and abuse. 

I'm just asking why wait and put up with it soooo long than come out and complain. I personally don't just Give Grown Adults that type of pass. Not saying these actions didn't occur, but Damn be a Adult and go to the Freaking Police the 1st time it happens. 

47 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This is basically just them rewriting the same article with some supposed new allegations from that time period.  I am pretty sure we established that some inappropriate stuff was going on from the article years ago.   That being said, it is hard for me to not help thinking this is a bit of opportunist click bait.  The Washington Post is not exactly an objective newspaper and surely have an ax to grind.  Piling on the team at any opportunity is like a hobby for them.  

They have 25 new witnesses.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They have 25 new witnesses.

I didn't read that.  They had a bunch of people for the previous allegations, but 25 new witnesses alleging what specifically?  

There is one incident snyder is being implicated directly.  Are you saying there are 25 witnesses to that or the stuff we heard about years ago?

56 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I didn't read that.  They had a bunch of people for the previous allegations, but 25 new witnesses alleging what specifically?  

There is one incident snyder is being implicated directly.  Are you saying there are 25 witnesses to that or the stuff we heard about years ago?

The original report was 17 employees confirming different sexual harassment claims.  The new report is 25 more employees, bringing the total to 42 total employees complaining about sexually harassment in the organization.  The article specifically states the additional 25 came forward because they were so appalled that Dan Snyder was trying to distance himself from the previous accusations and blame it all on the former employees that resigned.  There are multiple new stories including Dan asking a cheerleader to go up to a hotel room with a friend of his, Larry Michael requesting video tape of the cheerleader photo shoot with zoomed in camera shots while they are changing (and he made sure Snyder got a copy too), and more.

Edited by MKnight82

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The original report was 17 employees confirming different sexual harassment claims.  The new report is 25 more employees, bringing the total to 42 total employees complaining about sexually harassment in the organization.  The article specifically states the additional 25 came forward because they were so appalled that Dan Snyder was trying to distance himself from the previous accusations and blame it all on the former employees that resigned.  There are multiple new stories including Dan asking a cheerleader to go up to a hotel room with a friend of his, Larry Michael requesting video tape of the cheerleader photo shoot with zoomed in camera shots while they are changing (and he made sure Snyder got a copy too), and more.

You could be right, but I didn't read it that way.  They never specifically said 42.  But it isn't clear.  I thought it meant in total.

The article doubles down on Larry Michael and Santos being complete low lifes.  The hotel thing is the only direct implication of snyder and it is just a he said she said.  Smoke but no fire.  The one consistent affront about snyder is basically that he is a condescending entitled jerk who is a bully of a boss.  We already knew that though and being a jerk isn't a crime.  

The NFL needs to take over the independent investigation.  I know Snyder hired a law firm to do it, but that's the thing.......he still hired them.  

With Rivera also having his own off-field issues, the NFL should also be looking into someone with experience who can step in and take total control of the team if they need to separate Snyder forcefully.  25 new witnesses is saddening, because I always thought no matter what, that Snyder never had something like this he was hiding in the closet.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

The big difference is witnesses fingerpointing directly at Dan for this, saying he was involved. Last article made sure to exclude him from being directly involved in any of the actual sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior. 

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The big difference is witnesses fingerpointing directly at Dan for this, saying he was involved. Last article made sure to exclude him from being directly involved in any of the actual sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior. 

I agree with you.  This is a step towards directly involving him.  But there isn't enough here to do it.  For all I know the post has another story they are holding on to that will sink him.

But no chance on earth the league would take the precedent of forcing him out based on a claim of verbal inappropriateness from 10 years ago.  That isn't a standard to go by.  The media people calling for it have no basis in reality.  There has to be real evidentiary support and the incident has to be considerable or there has to be lots of incidents.  And certainly him being a crappy demanding nit picky entitled boss isn't enough.  There are no laws against that. 

Snyder needs to wrap his head around the fact that whether he was directly involved or not, he is responsible.  He seems to go on the offensive whenever he feels wronged.  He needs to recognize that he invited all this on himself by being the leader of an organization with these types of problems.  He needs to swallow his pride and realize that if he wants to really change things then he needs to move forward.  I said this before, this lawsuit he is pursuing is a mistake.  If he isn't 100% positive he will win, all he is doing is drawing more attention to himself and the team and the business culture issues.  

I sure hope there isn't more.  If there is, it better be enough to clearly sink snyder.  Cause I am real tired of this endless drama and would prefer enjoying the on the field stuff.  

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

I agree with you.  This is a step towards directly involving him.  But there isn't enough here to do it.  For all I know the post has another story they are holding on to that will sink him.

But no chance on earth the league would take the precedent of forcing him out based on a claim of verbal inappropriateness from 10 years ago.  That isn't a standard to go by.  The media people calling for it have no basis in reality.  There has to be real evidentiary support and the incident has to be considerable or there has to be lots of incidents.  And certainly him being a crappy demanding nit picky entitled boss isn't enough.  There are no laws against that. 

Snyder needs to wrap his head around the fact that whether he was directly involved or not, he is responsible.  He seems to go on the offensive whenever he feels wronged.  He needs to recognize that he invited all this on himself by being the leader of an organization with these types of problems.  He needs to swallow his pride and realize that if he wants to really change things then he needs to move forward.  I said this before, this lawsuit he is pursuing is a mistake.  If he isn't 100% positive he will win, all he is doing is drawing more attention to himself and the team and the business culture issues.  

I sure hope there isn't more.  If there is, it better be enough to clearly sink snyder.  Cause I am real tired of this endless drama and would prefer enjoying the on the field stuff.  

Something bigger needs to happen to push Snyder out.  It needs to be a Donald Sterling level issue, where there is clear evidence (video most likely) that he did something wrong.  

However, I do think this is enough for the NFL to tell Snyder "thanks for doing your own independent investigation, but we are going to take it from here."  None of this is good, but again, not much is there to force the NFL to get him out.  

This is his team, and he should be more active and present in the building talking with those who he puts in charge and making sure they are running it appropriately.  That doesn't mean he should be sitting in coach or front office meetings. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Something bigger needs to happen to push Snyder out.  It needs to be a Donald Sterling level issue, where there is clear evidence (video most likely) that he did something wrong.  

However, I do think this is enough for the NFL to tell Snyder "thanks for doing your own independent investigation, but we are going to take it from here."  None of this is good, but again, not much is there to force the NFL to get him out.  

This is his team, and he should be more active and present in the building talking with those who he puts in charge and making sure they are running it appropriately.  That doesn't mean he should be sitting in coach or front office meetings. 

Agree.  

I think I read that the person snyder hired to implement the investigation was someone the league recommended.  So maybe they are content at being involved at arms length.  If the noise continues though, it is hard to believe that they won't get more involved if not just to appease the public.