WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

46 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Rumor is that it's about Santos and Mann (the fired employees) and their connection to the cheerleading scandal.  These "teasers" are annoying.  Just drop the damn story if it's that serious.

I can't with this organization anymore.  This is pathetic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troublez said:

I guess I am looking for "positive assurance" to support the logic and/or your position.... such as, my reference to Vince Lombardi's design of the 1969/70 helmet. That was a direct example to support my position. In my experience, "negative assurance" is not as strong.....

Translation for non CPA's

Negative assurance is a determination by an auditor that a particular set of facts is believed to be accurate since no contrary evidence has been found to dispute them.

Sure. I get the term. But my career has been turning organizations and projects around. I determine who is working in what workstream. And then I step back and don't micromanage in the weeds. I stay at the 10,000ft level so I can view things in a strategic sense.

In terms of someone's workstream, I defer to them on what they should be doing. I trust my leaders to manage their workstreams. But I also decide what those workstreams entail by asking questions of those leaders.

So going back to the Redskins....err...whatever they are gonna call themselves...I'm not going to micromanage the coach on how he runs his practices or prepares his players to play the game.

BUT...

I AM going to decide if a particular task is in his workstream or not.

So the question(s) I need to ask the coach are very simple:

1) Does this task get our players more knowledge on your offensive and defensive schemes?

2) Does this task enhance the players knowledge of the playbook?

3) Does this task get the player out on the field?

4) Does this task enable our players to be successful and win on the next play?

There are more questions but those are the ones off the top of my head.

IF the answer to ANY of those questions is "No"...then the coach should NOT be doing that task. Period. Full Stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That will happen regardless bc usually when a HC is on the hot seat, so is the GM. The only time I remember that not being the case was when Bruce politicked his way into getting full control in 2014 after Dan fired Shanahan for mishandling RG3.

We drafted Haskins over Jay's wishes. It happens

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I hate to root for a scandal to be as bad and appalling as it can possibly be, because that means something bad and appalling happen to someone (or multiple someones). But...

Do we think there’s any chance...in the current culture and climate...that if the scandal is terrible enough...and especially if it implicates Snyder personally in some way...that Dan Snyder could be...**canceled**? 

If a really appalling story is coming on the heels of the name change fiasco, could the owners (with some prompting from the league’s sponsors) explore the possibility of forcing Snyder to sell, as they (probably) did with Jerry Richardson a few years ago? Add in the constant underachieving with one of the league’s more prominent teams, as well as the apparent interest of the richest man on the planet in buying into the league (perhaps specifically in DC) — could this summer of tumult be what finally frees the Redskins?

I have a friend who was a Redskins cheerleader who quit around the time that this took place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

We drafted Haskins over Jay's wishes. It happens

My point is, as we found out the GM/Team President & the HC we’re both on the hot seat. None of us believed that Snyder would fire Bruce but, he linked Bruce w/ Jay after Bruce convicts Dan to fire Shanahan & then McCloughan 2 years later.

They were linked. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Just read the bombshell news will announced Thursday . Is it just the details re. Santos and Mann firings. What a year :(

Apparently is has something to do with the cheerleader scandal as well.  

Just when you think we can’t get worse, we do.  #Winningoffthefield and all of that.  At least it appears it didn’t happen on Rivera’s watch, but hey, welcome to Washington Football!

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Apparently is has something to do with the cheerleader scandal as well.  

Just when you think we can’t get worse, we do.  #Winningoffthefield and all of that.  At least it appears it didn’t happen on Rivera’s watch, but hey, welcome to Washington Football!

Why do you say "apparently " ? How is it apparent ? I can't any details . We need Bruce here to leak something.

BTW- what has happened with Chris Cooley ? Has he been in the Bahamas with Danny ?

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why do you say "apparently " ? How is it apparent ?

apparently and apparent do not mean the same thing, they are different words. Apparent means something is clear to see. Apparently means as far as you know, suggesting not all info is there to be sure. 

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Actually , Merriam Webster defines "apparently " as something that "appears to be true-based on what is "KNOWN ! So at this point, What is KNOWN ?

People on social media, reporters and people with alleged inside info, have suggested that it has something to do with that. But from all the different “teaser” tweets I’ve read (the amount of which is really bizarre at this point), I think it goes beyond just that incident. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

People on social media, reporters and people with alleged inside info, have suggested that it has something to do with that. But from all the different “teaser” tweets I’ve read (the amount of which is really bizarre at this point), I think it goes beyond just that incident. 

With all of the crazy tweets about it, it sounds like it might rival the Loveboat scandal with the Vikings. 

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

With all of the crazy tweets about it, it sounds like it might rival the Loveboat scandal with the Vikings. 

This one offseason we may not look back next year or the year after and think much but in 10 years we might be saying thank you Corona for storming Dans brain and making him make smart thought out logical choices on almost every front that should have happened a long while ago but atleast the ships that brought the crazy are starting to set sail