Training Camp Preview: QB

Titans fan 617

Let’s piggyback off what the Titans are doing

Back up QB is the obvious question for the Titans at this position

Is there a guy out there any of you want?

Is there a guy who could be released later on in camp that your hoping shakes free?

Ill be the first to say I am scared to death if Tannehill ever goes down

I have zero confidence in Woodside or McDonald 

I know a lot of teams are porked if they lose their guy but man we are screwed if we lose Tannehill right now 

16 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:
I have zero confidence in Woodside or McDonald 

I know a lot of teams are porked if they lose their guy but man we are screwed if we lose Tannehill right now 

Meh.  If we're gonna keep spending draft picks on late QBs, we may as well give them the chance to shine.  McDonald has some raw ability.  If Tannehill went down, and it was for the long haul, I'd actually prefer them to just march out McDonald and see what we have since the season is likely done at that point.

If it was just a few weeks and we had some tough games, on the other hand, I would want them to bring in a vet.  Matt Moore and Josh McCown are still floating around.  Beyond them, there's not a QB that I would really think would help us out significantly more than a rookie with a big arm.

After roster cuts, though, maybe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Meh.  If we're gonna keep spending draft picks on late QBs, we may as well give them the chance to shine.  McDonald has some raw ability.  If Tannehill went down, and it was for the long haul, I'd actually prefer them to just march out McDonald and see what we have since the season is likely done at that point.

If it was just a few weeks and we had some tough games, on the other hand, I would want them to bring in a vet.  Matt Moore and Josh McCown are still floating around.  Beyond them, there's not a QB that I would really think would help us out significantly more than a rookie with a big arm.

After roster cuts, though, maybe.

I think Matt Moore just resigned with KC

McCown I could live with 

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think Matt Moore just resigned with KC

McCown I could live with 

Well, if Moore is gone, then McCown would be the only one I'd be interested in myself.  And only if Tanny got injured.  Otherwise, no reason to waste the cap hit with anyone else that I'm aware of.

Did you have anyone in mind?

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, if Moore is gone, then McCown would be the only one I'd be interested in myself.  And only if Tanny got injured.  Otherwise, no reason to waste the cap hit with anyone else that I'm aware of.

Did you have anyone in mind?

Honestly no

I wanted to take a shot on one of the XFL kids but they got scooped up early 

I would have been fine with Flacco but the Jets got him 

The remaining guys left when I last looked I wasn’t thrilled about 

McCown is a smart guy, who still cares, I seen him cry after a game a few years ago so the guy truly cares which I would want 

I never wanted Cam I never thought he would be a good backup, always felt like he could of been a problem as a back up 

So when I look at the list of guys remaining McCown would be my vote

I'm amazed no one has mentioned my top pick for backup, which is one Colin Kaepernick. Not trying to be political here. I just genuinely think he's a clear upgrade over both of our current options at the position behind Ryan Tannehill, and I'd rather have either of THOSE guys than Josh McCown.

39 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm amazed no one has mentioned my top pick for backup, which is one Colin Kaepernick. Not trying to be political here. I just genuinely think he's a clear upgrade over both of our current options at the position behind Ryan Tannehill, and I'd rather have either of THOSE guys than Josh McCown.

We just pretty much know it’ll never happen though I lm with you & see your point 

5 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I’m not a political person at all just putting that out there

But I thought his play was on the decline his last year in the league and not sure how being out of the league for so long helped his play or not

I know Mike Vick was able to come back and go on a run but have no idea what Kap would be 

9 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I forgot about him because people don't list him.  He'd be a great fit, if he can still play.

• 1 month later...

Nowhere else to put this, but adding it here

One thing I want to see this year is a game where Tannehill is going to need to put us on his back and win. Most games last year, he was able to be supported by a great Derrick Henry. There's gonna be a game where Henry is neutralized and RT is going to have to be the one to go out and win it. Want to / need to see if he can make it happen, as those are the QBs that can win you games in January/February 

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Nowhere else to put this, but adding it here

One thing I want to see this year is a game where Tannehill is going to need to put us on his back and win. Most games last year, he was able to be supported by a great Derrick Henry. There's gonna be a game where Henry is neutralized and RT is going to have to be the one to go out and win it. Want to / need to see if he can make it happen, as those are the QBs that can win you games in January/February 

Ya I agree it would be nice if he can throw a way to some wins this year specifically against the good teams

Hes more than capable but just needs to go out and do it