Fun Hypotheticals #2

dll2000

You have been transported through time to NFL war room of each team in turn just before they make their first selection in 2016.  You are not allowed to tell them anything, but who to select with next pick.

You cannot for example say draft Tyreek Hill in 4th because he goes in 5th.   You can only give one name for next pick and you are zapped out of there.  If you want Hill you have to tell them to take him in first.  No guarantee  draft will unfold same way after it is changed.

Knowing that - assuming they listen to you - Redraft the 2016 NFL Draft first round - go:

I think a lot of teams did pretty well. The teams I would think most would want to change their picks would be (and I'm choosing only guys round 2 or later to not mess up teams that like their guy) :

Chicago: Leonard Floyd -> Dak Prescott
Giants: Eli Apple ->Jaylon Smith
Buccaneers: Vernon Hargreaves -> Xavien Howard
Raiders: Karl Joseph -> Chris Jones
Browns: Corey Coleman -> Michael Thomas
Bills: Shaq Lawson -> Tyreek Hill
Jets: Darron Lee -> Deion Jones
Redskins: Josh Doctson -> Derrick Henry would have been cool to see bulldozing in DC. I think they wanted something similar in Perine and Guice and AP.
Vikings: Laquon Treadwell -> Cody Whitehair
Steelers: Artie Burns -> DJ Reader
Broncos: Paxton Lynch -> Hunter Henry
49ers: Josh Garnett -> Myles Jack
Cardinals: Robert Nkemdiche -> Corey Littleton
Panthers: Vernon Butler -> James Bradberry (they got him a round later, but that 5th year option mightve been nice)
Seahawks: Germain Ifedi -> Yannick Ngakoue

• Like 1

well....this is awfully complicated for the titans. assuming i'm in the war room before they trade the #1 overall pick to the rams for a ransom, i'd probably still take that trade. if i absolutely had to tell them to take that pick, it'd probably be jalen ramsey? but man, that'd be an awful decision. out of that haul we got arguably our biggest stars on each side of the ball in derrick henry and kevin byard.

i guess if we're saying right before the first selection we actually *make,* and i'm in the war room after we trade to 8 overall, then i'm grabbing yannick ngakoue. 

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

Browns stay at 2 and take Bosa, Zeke, Stanley, Ramsey, or maybe stick with Wentz

Take Bose in '16 and maybe still take Garrett in '17, but really if its a redraft and we know exactly how it plays out, Browns take their DE in '16 and take Mahomes in '17

Edited by buno67

It would probably go:

1. Dak or Wentz

2. The other one of Dak/Wentz

3. They might go Goff seeing as Rivers fell off a cliff. Try to develop him.

4. Bosa

5. Ramsey

6. Stanely

7. Zeke or Hill

8. Conklins been good right?

9. The other of Zeke or Hill

10. I dunno. Like Paxton Lynch because the Giants are terrible drafters? 

For the Cowboys that means we probably go Henry round 2. I think Jaylon might have fallen to round 3. After that, its too much of a crap shoot when I dont remember every teams needs.