Bodyguard Back - Peters resigned to 1yr deal; to play Guard (sike)

EaglesPeteC

On 7/14/2020 at 1:44 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Why would Baldy of all people have  any insight to a potential "FA Signing" rather then soneone like Schefter/Rappaport unless said FA, was already an Eagle?

This has Jason Peters written all over it. Temper expectations. 

Yep it’s official Peters is back one year deal to play RG

I think he'll make a quality RG. You'll see less false starts since he won't be trying to beat a DE to the edge by falsely timing his initial step. Less movement overall which will be good for him. Pryor backing him up elevates the G depth big time. And now Peters being here in case Dillard struggles or gets hurt elevates the tackle depth. Just a great move all around imo.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

At the very least it’s good depth for the year. I’d like to see Pryor take the position, tbh. But having JP back really solidifies some backup positions. 

This. At the very worse Peters becomes the swing back up at Both RG and LT in case of injury. Expecting either Rookie taken in the draft to step in with this Covid offseason might be Justice winston esq'.

Now it's just a matter of which Rookie gets the miraculous IR designation?

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

This team needs to learn how to move on. 

I don't get this line of thinking. Even as a dinosaur, he still played well last year, and is a cheaper short term option than paying a top dollar guy like Warford.