K Harmon tears ACL

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I feel horrible for him, he had such a big opportunity with us not bringing any vets in.  By the way, is Cody Latimer still on the team?

Yes, he is and he’s a serviceable guy but not a good starter. If he’s starting 16 games he’ll give you 40-50 recs, around 500 TDs and 3-5 TDs, not awful but probably what we’d get out of AGG as a rookie, Quinn or Cam Sims if they are the 3rd WR option behind Terri & Steven Sims.

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thats a no on Antonio Brown from me, dawg.  

I’d rather have Haskins fail because of a lack of weapons, not because Antonio Brown got in his head and wrecked his mental game. 

Josh Gordon would make more sense in any way, shape or form. 

I would prefer Josh Gordon too. I’ve wanted him on the team for 5+ years.

I just haven’t seen Haskins throwing passes to Josh Gordon in the last couple weeks and taking selfies with him like he’s family. Which I have seen with Antonio Brown.

I’m always open to better ideas. The only good idea, at this juncture, is to find a way to go back in time and not sit on $30M in cap space when there were available upgrades in the passing game, so that one injury to a second-year WR wouldn’t toss you into the abyss of utter incompetence and gross negligence towards your young hopeful franchise QB. 

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm sure our faux President , General Manager, is on top of this. They'll check with the Head Coach to see who he might like . The 3 of them will come up with a viable option I''m quite sure. :$

If I know those 3 guys, I fully expect we’ll have Kelvin Benjamin and Steve Smith Sr. on the phone in short order. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Great Vegas bet - who would play more games, Brown or Gordon, before one messed up so bad he was kicked off/suspended?

Also, was this the big news?

No, I think the big news was still the firing of Santos who was with the team since 2006. 

That’s huge news, frankly he should have probably been gone when Cerrato was fired in 2009.

I think Gordon would play more games bc the only reason he gets suspended is bc of weed. Brown gets suspended and ultimately cut for being a detriment to the team. He’s had that happen 3 times in the last two years.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, he is and he’s a serviceable guy but not a good starter. If he’s starting 16 games he’ll give you 40-50 recs, around 500 TDs and 3-5 TDs, not awful but probably what we’d get out of AGG as a rookie, Quinn or Cam Sims if they are the 3rd WR option behind Terri & Steven Sims.

I actually was really impressed with how much he contributed for a rookie.  WR is a tough position to transition from college to pros.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

No, I think the big news was still the firing of Santos who was with the team since 2006. 

That’s huge news, frankly he should have probably been gone when Cerrato was fired in 2009.

I guess, but didn't they say it was BAD/DEVASTATING news or something too? I mean... that really isn't. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess, but didn't they say it was BAD/DEVASTATING news or something too? I mean... that really isn't. 

I think it was THIS since he's already had the surgery -- last week . Why was it so long being reported ? 

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if they looked at Jarius Wright and Chris Hogan, both of whom were with Carolina last season. 

I’m a little surprised that they haven’t already brought Wright in, he’s a Turner family favorite since Norv’s days in Minnesota. He is to Norv Turner what Aldrick Robinson was to Kyle Shanahan.

And while Hogan was largely a non-factor last season for the Panthers, he started getting snaps at the end of the year, when Scott had taken over. He has some size and experience, maybe they’ll look his way. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Them signing Antonio Brown is a grave mistake. He is a cancer, he tore the Steelers lockeroom apart, he and Rivera would absolutely but heads. He would be taking selfie videos in the lockeroom and posting them on Instagram. The man quit on the Steelers when they needed to win one more game to be playoff eligible in 2018. 

I used to love him before those antics, but he literary quit on his team. That can not be accepted and I don’t want him around this young team.

I would rather see an UDFA play then Antonio Brown on this team. That’s how much I’m against it.

I would accept Josh Gordon on this team for the right price bc as @Skins212689 has pointed out and others the weed game suspensions have been turned into fines. He’s not an issue in the lockeroom. But, there’s also WRs too and for the time being we still have Cody Latimer and while he’s not a top end starter he’s a serviceable player.  He started only 10 games and had 24 recs, 300 yds & 2 TDs. If he’s starting 16 that’s likely to put him at 40-50 recs, 500 yds and 3-5 TDs.

I'd take Gordon over Latimer as well. I hate that this has happened to Harmon. Wishing him a healthy surgery and hopefully we can get him back next season were he left off. Off-season injuries suck! 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

Even with his dependency problems, I would take Josh Gordon All Day over Antonio Brown. They both have problems but in Antonio Browns case it affects the team as far as a big distraction. Gordon is so talented, MAYBE we can keep him straight if we picked him up. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm sure our faux President , General Manager, is on top of this. They'll check with the Head Coach to see who he might like . The 3 of them will come up with a viable option I''m quite sure. :$

If anything, things seem more muddled than when Bruce was in charge.