K Harmon tears ACL

ARTMONK HOF

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Unreal- Just saw a video posted "first day on the bike ". Said it was Harmon working out already - Maybe he's not out all year ! 

Very dangerous to rush rehab.  Adrian Peterson and Deuce McAllister came back quickly, but the changes are there to injure everything else around it if you don't build up strength properly.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Very dangerous to rush rehab.  Adrian Peterson and Deuce McAllister came back quickly, but the changes are there to injure everything else around it if you don't build up strength properly.  

And the Deuce was never really the same after his injury. Peterson isn't human, can't compare anyone to him! Haha 😂 

I'm with you 100% on this, he needs to go slow in rehab. Frankly, I don't want to see him play for Washington this year.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:17 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me, Josh Gordon!

What's the point in bringing in a 29-year-old WR who has substance abuse issues that I think go beyond just alcohol & weed?

The more I think about it, the more I just want to see the young guys have a go at it. Last year at this time we thought that Doctson, PRich & Quinn were our top 3 WRs.  Little did we know that Terry would make Doctson expendable and that Harmon & Sims Jr - an UDFA - would outplay PRich and Quinn, but it happened.

I want to know if Gibson, AGG, Cam Sims, an UDFA can do what those 3 did last year or if Quinn/Latimer can break out - very unlikely that they’ll match Terry's success - but maybe they can be as good as Harmon was or better.

Let's find that out. All signing Gordon does is stunt the young players’ growth and development on a young developing team that isn't very likely to even be a playoff contender.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What's the point in bringing in a 29-year-old WR who has substance abuse issues that I think go beyond just alcohol & weed?

The more I think about it, the more I just want to see the young guys have a go at it. Last year at this time we thought that Doctson, PRich & Quinn were our top 3 WRs.  Little did we know that Terry would make Doctson expendable and that Harmon & Sims Jr - an UDFA - would outplay PRich and Quinn, but it happened.

I want to know if Gibson, AGG, Cam Sims, an UDFA can do what those 3 did last year or if Quinn/Latimer can break out - very unlikely that they’ll match Terry's success - but maybe they can be as good as Harmon was or better.

Let's find that out. All signing Gordon does is stunt the young players’ growth and development on a young developing team that isn't very likely to even be a playoff contender.

Quinn/Latimer aren’t shoe ins they better hope they make the team. Give Gordon an incentive based contract, see how it plays out. Can’t count on the receivers we just drafted/signed They need some time to develop. One guy won’t stop anyone’s development. If they show up like McLaurin did they’ll play. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup. If he just tore it, then this is most likely some light exercise, if that. At least that is what I'm HOPING he's doing

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Quinn/Latimer aren’t shoe ins they better hope they make the team. Give Gordon an incentive based contract, see how it plays out. Can’t count on the receivers we just drafted/signed They need some time to develop. One guy won’t stop anyone’s development. If they show up like McLaurin did they’ll play. 

Newsflash, can't count on Josh Gordon either and he could be a bad influence on a young team beyond just that. 

I would also say that players develop on the field while playing. Harmon and Sims, Jr were good examples from last year.

Let’s see the young guys play IMO. If you  don't get Gordon the guys like Gibson, AGG etc get out there and play sooner and they may make the jump faster and be more than what we think they'll be right away.

Edited by turtle28

yeah I mean i want to see what we have in these young guys. If we dont sign anyone then I think its clear that Gibson will be playing more WR then he will be at RB, the only thing that sucks about not having a pre season is that we cant really get a picture of how these guys will play in live games to determine if we need to sign a vet

the good thing about Sims is that he is versatile and could probably play on the outside if we need him to. A four WR set of Terry, Sims, AGG, and Gibson is hands down the youngest in the league. The one person who probably benefits from Harmons injury is Cam Sims for the 5th spot, I dont think Trey Quinn makes the team with guys like S. Sims and Gibson who can play the slot

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Newsflash, can't count on Josh Gordon either and he could be a bad influence on a young team beyond just that. 

I would also say that players develop on the field while playing. Harmon and Sims, Jr were good examples from last year.

Let’s see the young guys play IMO. If you  don't get Gordon the guys like Gibson, AGG etc get out there and play sooner and they may make the jump faster and be more than what we think they'll be right away.

NEWSFLASH! I didn’t say he’s the most reliable person. If he’s ok, on the field he’s a very good receiver. He can stretch the field, very good hands, a veteran presence. I said incentive based contract. I never read or heard that Josh was a bad influence or a bad teammate. I’m all for playing the young guys but not all our receivers have to be in diapers. He will help out DH. We need Dwayne to develop and Josh would be a nice weapon. 
You don’t want him and that’s ok. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. If he just tore it, then this is most likely some light exercise, if that. At least that is what I'm HOPING he's doing

Must have been a complete tear. He had an operation- was in the hospital. 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, LoganF89 said:

yeah I mean i want to see what we have in these young guys. If we dont sign anyone then I think its clear that Gibson will be playing more WR then he will be at RB, the only thing that sucks about not having a pre season is that we cant really get a picture of how these guys will play in live games to determine if we need to sign a vet

the good thing about Sims is that he is versatile and could probably play on the outside if we need him to. A four WR set of Terry, Sims, AGG, and Gibson is hands down the youngest in the league. The one person who probably benefits from Harmons injury is Cam Sims for the 5th spot, I dont think Trey Quinn makes the team with guys like S. Sims and Gibson who can play the slot

Yeah, Steven Sims Jr can also play outside and could start opposite Terry. It’s very possible that Quinn doesn’t make it and ends up in Jacksonville playing for Gruden if Gibson is going to be playing more WR bc of Harmon’s injury. I too would keep Cam Sims bc of his size, but he has to get better at route running.

1. Terry 

2. S. Sims

3. AGG

4. Gibson

5. Cam Sims

Do we keep 6? Does Latimer make it? He may make it now and start opposite Terry w/ Sims primarily being in the slot. 

Other questions, do Quinn, Kidsy Or Isaiah Wright make it over Cam Sims too?

I don’t know the answers, but I really want Cam Sims to step up and be that WR. Just like everyone else, I love his size and, you can’t teach size.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, Steven Sims Jr can also play outside and could start opposite Terry. It’s very possible that Quinn doesn’t make it and ends up in Jacksonville playing for Gruden if Gibson is going to be playing more WR bc of Harmon’s injury. I too would keep Cam Sims bc of his size, but he has to get better at route running.

1. Terry 

2. S. Sims

3. AGG

4. Gibson

5. Cam Sims

Do we keep 6? Does Latimer make it? He may make it now and start opposite Terry w/ Sims primarily being in the slot. 

Other questions, do Quinn, Kidsy Or Isaiah Wright make it over Cam Sims too?

I don’t know the answers, but I really want Cam Sims to step up and be that WR. Just like everyone else, I love his size and, you can’t reach size.

I know we need more veteran experience but I think I would take a chance on wright rather than give latimer a spot if we keep 6. Latimer has never really been more than a Jag player. plus with the off the field incidents this year I rather try to see if we can make a cheap contract player into a solid team piece

• Like 1