Chiefs DT Chris Jones Gets Contract Extension

Soggust

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

20 of 22 starters return. Build Veach a statue 

If there actually is football this year, I don't see how the Chiefs don't repeat. Stability and familiarity is going to be the most important factor for all teams going into this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Classic said:

I hope this ends the myth of Cap Hell. G.Ms know what they are doing when handing out these contracts.

Cap Hell still exists. It just doesn’t apply to paying good players. The Dolphins a season or two ago were in cap hell because They wanted to pay everyone top market deals for being mediocre players. 

I don’t really think the cap effects you too much unless you have dead cap. You mess up those and it gets tough fast. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I disagree unless the Eagles pull off a miracle next year without rule changes. 

I just posted in that other thread how the Eagles can get $20m under in 5 moves. It will happen. There are just to many things you can do now to trim it. Sometimes you get teams where they plan a massive cap purge in 1 year. But even then I would say thats a choice. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just posted in that other thread how the Eagles can get $20m under in 5 moves. It will happen. There are just to many things you can do now to trim it. Sometimes you get teams where they plan a massive cap purge in 1 year. But even then I would say thats a choice. 

I admit that I haven’t fully examined their situation. But I should have added an asterisk of *and remain competitive.

So it sounds like a more extreme version of the 2018 Chiefs. Even if Dorsey hadn’t left the team, 2017 was going to be Alex Smith’s last year no matter what. That was a planned cap transition time.  

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If there actually is football this year, I don't see how the Chiefs don't repeat. Stability and familiarity is going to be the most important factor for all teams going into this year.

Yep. Plus we brought back the entire coaching staff. 

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I admit that I haven’t fully examined their situation. But I should have added an asterisk of *and remain competitive.

So it sounds like a more extreme version of the 2018 Chiefs. Even if Dorsey hadn’t left the team, 2017 was going to be Alex Smith’s last year no matter what. That was a planned cap transition time.  

The Eagles are old as dirt and have some people that need to be gone. Their #1 WR hates Wentz. Their #2 WR cant stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. They can get about ~$25-30m mil from restructures. It looks bad, but they will push through.

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Even though Mahomes new contract kicks in in 2 years it’s rather team friendly until 2027 so there’s no reason to fear that contract making this deal untenable 

How do you figure? After the $25M~ hit in 2021, the cap hits become pretty substantial.

55 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its definitely a 2 horse race in the AFC unless someone makes a huge jump. 

The second horse being Indy? I can’t see them being out of the picture. Ravens will be a powerhouse as well. 

29 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

How do you figure? After the $25M~ hit in 2021, the cap hits become pretty substantial.

The average of the contract is $47.7 million/year taking out incentives that might not be reached. The only 3 season where the cap hit is higher then that is 3 of the last 5 years of the deal (2027, 2030 and 2031)