Chiefs DT Chris Jones Gets Contract Extension

Soggust

4 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

The average of the contract is $47.7 million/year taking out incentives that might not be reached. The only 3 season where the cap hit is higher then that is 3 of the last 5 years of the deal (2027, 2030 and 2031) 

I mean, they’re still pretty high though. 

2021 is cheap, no doubt. 2022 is a little pricier (~$31.5M), good for 7th in the league, but still modest given Mahomes’ ability. After that it’s pretty much $40M until 2027. 

It’s pretty friendly in terms of how easily the team could cut bait with him, if they really wanted to, but the cap hits are pretty hefty. 

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IIRC one of the knocks on him in college was his major inconsistencies. I doubt he pulls a Haynesworth but as a Raider fan I hope he gets more content haha.

He wasn’t inconsistent, he’s just gonna be moving farther than the phone booth unless the QB is in his sights 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Chiefs are gonna have 2 players on their roster in 3 years 

Many teams have been able to afford a Superstar on offense and defense for many years. I wouldn't even say this means they won't be able to give another contract to Hill when his runs out. They draft well. Teams that draft well have options.

• Like 1

Thornhill is very good but I'm hoping Veach does not draft well enough to sustain a team loaded with this many stars. If you pay them all the rookies and bargain bin players definitely have to perform. So far so good for KC. For the rest of the AFC West's sake, I hope it doesn't remain that way. If not,  it's going to be really really hard to catch KC.

42 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Thornhill is very good but I'm hoping Veach does not draft well enough to sustain a team loaded with this many stars. If you pay them all the rookies and bargain bin players definitely have to perform. So far so good for KC. For the rest of the AFC West's sake, I hope it doesn't remain that way. If not,  it's going to be really really hard to catch KC.

I think they’re hoping on vets coming in on the cheap to play with Mahomes at some point 

19 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think they’re hoping on vets coming in on the cheap to play with Mahomes at some point 

Definitely can happen. But normally you see guys chase the $$$ and rightfully so.

Dorsey definitely deserves a lot of the SB credit. He loaded the roster with these stars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Definitely can happen. But normally you see guys chase the $$$ and rightfully so.

Dorsey definitely deserves a lot of the SB credit. He loaded the roster with these stars.

Too bad he’s a horse’s *** or he’d have a job 

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The cap issues would've gotten him fired eventually, even if he wasn't a prick. Remember that we're still paying for Berry on the cap.

Well Hunt forced his hand on that I don’t think he really wanted to re-sign Berry. Just had too because cancer.

42 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The cap issues would've gotten him fired eventually, even if he wasn't a prick. Remember that we're still paying for Berry on the cap.

I maintain that his cap issues were overblown, just like the Chiefs only have $122 or whatever it was. Berry should have been paid sooner and the only reason it's bad is because of his injury/cancer. You can't predict that.