Myles Garrett Extension: 5 yrs, $125 million

ReggieCamp

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be clear, I’m not worried about cap space, but it can’t be ignored.

I am. I don’t think the cap is going to go up as much as we once think it would. This pandemic is going to effect the salary cap bigly. Half empty stadiums. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’ll also need to start tightening the belt with non core players.

Guys like Tretter, Bitonio, etc.

Well hopefully Nick Harris will prove worthy of being Tretter's replacement. But yeah, Bitonio will likely be gone in the next year or two unless he's willing to restructure his contract.

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I am. I don’t think the cap is going to go up as much as we once think it would. This pandemic is going to effect the salary cap bigly. Half empty stadiums. 

In that case we’re in decent shape as we don’t have a QB on a huge contract. Other teams will be strapped for cash before us.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Well hopefully Nick Harris will prove worthy of being Tretter's replacement. But yeah, Bitonio will likely be gone in the next year or two unless he's willing to restructure his contract.

Nick Harris working out would be huge.

It would allow us to hopefully double dip on G’s next year in the mid rounds and develop some replacements.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Not worried about the salary cap at all.

I’m expecting Sheldon Richardson to be gone. I’ve also got a gut feeling OBJ gets traded next year. Njoku is getting moved too.

All 3 would relieve over 36 million in cap space.

I’d be shocked if OBJ gets traded.  I’m expecting a monster year if he’s healthy and cousin Cletus isn’t running the offense.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He only gets 9 million per year, his contract is great for his production 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah.....but if it takes moving on from OBJ in order to retain Chubb/Baker/Ward I would drive him to the airport.

I'm all for trading OBJ once he hits 1400 yards and 10 tds this year. Not before that 

Form OBJ is worth a 1st and a 2nd at least, maybe even 2 1sts for a team like the LA Chargers or someone who dont get bums on seats. 

Edited by Kiwibrown