Myles Garrett Extension: 5 yrs, $125 million

ReggieCamp

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm all for trading OBJ once he hits 1400 yards and 10 tds this year. Not before that 

Form OBJ is worth a 1st and a 2nd at least, maybe even 2 1sts for a team like the LA Chargers or someone who dont get bums on seats. 

If OBJ puts up those numbers there's no chance we trade him. 

44 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If OBJ puts up those numbers there's no chance we trade him. 

Or it might be the perfect time to trade him to maximize his value. I like OBJ but I dont think he is essential (partly b/c of his position) to getting the Browns where they want to go. Especially if that means having to thin out the roster in order to afford him. Another reason is because of the amount of extremely talented young WRs coming into the league in the past 2 seasons like Metcalf, Sutton, McLaurin, Deebo, AJ Brown ect ect ect that it wouldnt be overly difficult to find another good starting caliber WR in the draft to pair with (hopefully) Landry longterm.

I think the core of this team moving forward should be Garrett/Ward on defense and Baker/Chubb on offense. Im in the camp of doing whatever it takes to get all 4 of those guys on 4-5 year second contracts and filling in the pieces around them.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Before even considering trading OBJ we need to have someone capable of taking his spot.

If DPJ develops into a stud, great.  If we draft someone, great.  But until then we can’t create a hole for no reason.

Are you even a nerd anymore? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Before even considering trading OBJ we need to have someone capable of taking his spot.

If DPJ develops into a stud, great.  If we draft someone, great.  But until then we can’t create a hole for no reason.

Well Im not saying this season but certainly after 1 more year because next year is when we are going to run into the Chubb/Baker/Ward contract dilemmas. 

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We cant keep everyone, and if obj isn't in love with cleveland and we can get interest on the trade why not? 

Because hes a top 5 WR right in the middle of his prime?  You can't replace that, it would be insane to trade him unless he has another complete flop of a season or asks for a trade.  If the goal is to win games you can't trade superstars for draft picks.  We're not rebuilding anymore, it's time to accrue talent and win the super bowl.  Also it's pretty clear that we have some really solid leadership in Landry & OBJ, I would hate to disrupt that by trading one of them.  If they walk after their contracts are up that's one thing but I can't imagine trading either of those guys would go down well with Baker, Myles, Chubb, etc.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, clevenowin said:

Because hes a top 5 WR right in the middle of his prime?  You can't replace that, it would be insane to trade him unless he has another complete flop of a season or asks for a trade.  If the goal is to win games you can't trade superstars for draft picks.  We're not rebuilding anymore, it's time to accrue talent and win the super bowl.  Also it's pretty clear that we have some really solid leadership in Landry & OBJ, I would hate to disrupt that by trading one of them.  If they walk after their contracts are up that's one thing but I can't imagine trading either of those guys would go down well with Baker, Myles, Chubb, etc.

For me it comes down to who to keep, of I had to choose between ward and OBJ or chubb and hunt or obj, it makes it more interesting discussion.

I tend to think of you have a qb and a line, you do not need great weapons.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

For me it comes down to who to keep, of I had to choose between ward and OBJ or chubb and hunt or obj, it makes it more interesting discussion.

I tend to think of you have a qb and a line, you do not need great weapons.

Nope and as we saw last year, if you have no QB and no offensive system it doesnt matter how many skill position players you have. Any of this only matters if Baker is the guy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nope and as we saw last year, if you have no QB and no offensive system it doesnt matter how many skill position players you have. Any of this only matters if Baker is the guy

Yep. A lot happens pre snap, and then before that. 

Kevin should at least keep us focused, eyes on the prize and hopefully organized. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Yep. A lot happens pre snap, and then before that. 

Kevin should at least keep us focused, eyes on the prize and hopefully organized. 

I will just be happy if he can show that he can call organized plays after the first drive of the game once it goes off script

OBJ is a talent that's rare and you want to keep him if possible.

The fat trimming will come in the form of decent (not elite) players like Tretter, Bitonio, Richardson, Ogunjobi, etc...

Those are the positions you want to cycle through, asumming you're drafting well. And then if someone like Wills or a new draft player turns into an elite monster, you extend him. OBJ is not untouchable but he's certainly not at the top of the list like some of you are wanting.

• Like 1