Browns and DE Myles Garrett nearing extension (5 years $125 M)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone think Garrett sold himself short? Yah, he reset the market for probably a year, but I would've bet on myself another season and looked for more guaranteed money. Chris Jones is getting almost the same in guaranteed money as a DT on a shorter term deal...

I think the helmet swing is one thing that lowered his number. 

1 hour ago, OhioG said:

I hope we put in a performance bonus for every time he maims a Steeler or Raven

Unlikely. But there’s probably performance bonus for every time the Browns make the playoffs. So you won’t have to worry about that either.

• Like 4

On 7/14/2020 at 10:44 PM, buno67 said:

Ok, in Garretts first 3 seasons, he has played in 37 games (injuries to start his rookie year and the suspension) He has 30.5 sacks. Macks first 3 seasons, playing 48games, had 30 sacks.

Im not saying sacks are the be all end all but it's just for comparisons. Garrett has been damn good for the Browns

And he was younger than both Mack and Donald entering the league.  Garrett entered the league at 21 years old.  Mack and Donald were 23 year old rookies.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:25 PM, El Ramster said:

Ok!? I didn’t say he couldn’t get sacks. I said he isn’t as good as Donald or Mack to reset the market. 

I think he's got the potential to be better than both Donald and Mack so the money is well deserved.  You can't overlook the fact he entered the league 2 years younger than both Donald and Mack.  Myles Garrett will play almost all of this year as a 24 year old.  That's the same age Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald were IN THEIR SECOND NFL SEASON.

I would say Myles Garrett is well ahead of them thus far.  He's the best defensive player in the NFL going forward IMO.  The Browns got him for a bargain considering his upside.  

Edited by VanS
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

I think he's got the potential to be better than both Donald and Mack so the money is well deserved.  You can't overlook the fact he entered the league 2 years younger than both Donald and Mack.  Myles Garrett will play almost all of this year as a 24 year old.  That's the same age Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald were IN THEIR SECOND NFL SEASON.

I would say Myles Garrett is well ahead of them thus far.  He's the best defensive player in the NFL going forward IMO.  The Browns got him for a bargain considering his upside.  

I wouldn’t say he’s the best defensive player in the NFL going forward. He has the potential to do it. He has to prove it first tho. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I wouldn’t say he’s the best defensive player in the NFL going forward. He has the potential to do it. He has to prove it first tho. 

Obviously.  That was a prediction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I remember people saying ban for a season, but not lifetime..?

Oh, there were definitely some calling for him to be banned from the league.

The peal clutching was something to see following that incident.