onejayhawk

2K20--Training Camp

21 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Where did you get that they released Yelder? Or did you mix him up with Lovett??

My bad. it was Lovett. 

J

Willie Gay starting as the MLB on the first team defense 

• Like 1

As long as it's earned, and not because others aren't performing, this is pretty close to best case scenario with the draft class, given the strange offseason and all. CEH sounds as advertised, Gay is starting, and I've heard good things regarding Sneed already. Niang bowing out is the only blemish, but I don't think we were expecting immediate contribution there anyway.

41 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

As long as it's earned, and not because others aren't performing, this is pretty close to best case scenario with the draft class, given the strange offseason and all. CEH sounds as advertised, Gay is starting, and I've heard good things regarding Sneed already. Niang bowing out is the only blemish, but I don't think we were expecting immediate contribution there anyway.

I think Niang sitting out is even better for us. It'd be nice to have him in the meetings and getting practice reps. But this gives him a chance to heal up and it also gives us another year of control. A true redshirt year.

I am also hearing good things about Michael Danna. As stacked as the DE and DE/DT spots are, he does not look to make an impact this season, but he has potential as a spot pass rusher.

J

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

First Team Starting Defense 

Frank Clark
Chris Jones
Derrick Nnadi
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Anthony Hitchens
Willie Gay Jr.
Ben Niemann
Tyrann Mathieu
Daniel Sorensen
Charvarius Ward
Bashaud Breeland
Rashad Fenton

12 starters lol
Edited by Chiefer

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I am also hearing good things about Michael Danna. As stacked as the DE and DE/DT spots are, he does not look to make an impact this season, but he has potential as a spot pass rusher.

J

Honestly wouldn't mind keeping 6 DE's and 5 LB's.   Taco and Danna could fill whatever roll we lost on ST's by the additional LB. 

Clark/Tanoh/Okafor/Speaks.... Plus Taco and Danna.     Also hard to forget about Demone Harris,   he wasn't special last year but definitely good enough to be on a roster.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Willie Gay starting as the MLB on the first team defense 

That would be a huge surprise. Where does Hitchens line up? Who"ll call the plays? Don't think they'll give that job to a rookie, sorry.

But Spags is known for cross training players over various positions.

Edited by KC_Guy

18 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

That would be a huge surprise. Where does Hitchens line up? Who"ll call the plays? Don't think they'll give that job to a rookie, sorry.

But Spags is known for cross training players over various positions.

That’s just what I saw from Nate Taylor. Hitch at SLB and Niemann at WLB

Im sure Hitch/Niemann call plays still.

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Honestly wouldn't mind keeping 6 DE's and 5 LB's.   Taco and Danna could fill whatever roll we lost on ST's by the additional LB. 

Clark/Tanoh/Okafor/Speaks.... Plus Taco and Danna.     Also hard to forget about Demone Harris,   he wasn't special last year but definitely good enough to be on a roster.

I think Harris and Danna will be head to head, with an edge to Danna. That level of burst is rare. The last we saw was Justin Houston in the first half of his career. Danna might play two point end in a 4-2-5 set, like Houston, but I don't see him as even playing LB, but he does have the mobility for ST.

J

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I think Harris and Danna will be head to head, with an edge to Danna. That level of burst is rare. The last we saw was Justin Houston in the first half of his career. Danna might play two point end in a 4-2-5 set, like Houston, but I don't see him as even playing LB, but he does have the mobility for ST.

J

What film did you watch?

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

DOD is right there with them IMO.   

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

DOD is right there with them IMO.   

Do'D has his hands full to even make the team. Danna promises good pass rush, possibly elite if he develops well. O'Daniel has never made the three down depth chart. 

Posted (edited)

At 6’6 and 230 LBs I hope jody fortson can stick around we need some big targets for Mahomes besides a TE.

Edited by Chiefer