2K20--Training Camp

onejayhawk

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Do'D has his hands full to even make the team. Danna promises good pass rush, possibly elite if he develops well. O'Daniel has never made the three down depth chart. 

He had some quality snaps in the Super Bowl on D.    

Not saying it's a given he makes it,  or that he's even above he other 2.    He's a known commodity on ST's though,   if neither of the other 2 really excite,  I see him making it.   I see 2 out of these 3 making the roster.   Danna is over a year removed from playing at a comfortable weight,  he could take some time to develop.   Harris hasn't been on the field in over a year,      I wouldn't say either is comfortably ahead of DOD

Edited by samsel23

6 hours ago, samsel23 said:

He had some quality snaps in the Super Bowl on D.    

Not saying it's a given he makes it,  or that he's even above he other 2.    He's a known commodity on ST's though,   if neither of the other 2 really excite,  I see him making it.   I see 2 out of these 3 making the roster.   Danna is over a year removed from playing at a comfortable weight,  he could take some time to develop.   Harris hasn't been on the field in over a year,      I wouldn't say either is comfortably ahead of DOD

We'll see. ST is always in need of one guy to hold court. It's conceivable Do'D plays five more years with the Chiefs, I just don't expect it.

Don't sleep on Danna. Yes, he needs to fill out, but he's athletic like Tyreek Hill is fast.

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I still think he should make it as WR 5/6 and also be TE 3. Familiarity and versatility will be keys this year. 

If Fortson makes the team, then likely Ricky Seals-Jones doesn't. RSJ has been an excellent secondary receiver, but his blocking is just not there. If Fortson can serve as the extra big receiver, there are better TE options for blocking.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

12 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We'll see. ST is always in need of one guy to hold court. It's conceivable Do'D plays five more years with the Chiefs, I just don't expect it.

Don't sleep on Danna. Yes, he needs to fill out, but he's athletic like Tyreek Hill is fast.

J

Oh I like Danna a great deal.  I think he has promise.  I’d probably pick Danna and D’OD to make the roster out of these 3.   

I think part of it also comes down to who they keep at other spots.   Say they keep Fortson at WR,   That’s a lot of new comers on ST’s.  Alex Brown going down also hurts,  that’s going to be 2-3 new CB’s on the ST unit, albeit Hamilton has been a stud there.   Same with Watts getting pushed to make the roster,  possibly a new safety.  Plus back up TE.   I’ll quit rambling,  just seems like Toub would push for Sherman and D’OD as his core guys. 

In the end I’m not gonna be concerned who they pick,  we have an excellent coaching staff.  I’m definitely not going to critique them.  

The team is bringing in a veteran center, Daniel Kilgore.

His role is unclear at this point. He could conceivably push Reiter as the starter, or he could be a depth signing. 

This took a while to work out, so I doubt he is a big part of the planning.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The team is bringing in a veteran center, Daniel Kilgore.

His role is unclear at this point. He could conceivably push Reiter as the starter, or he could be a depth signing. 

This took a while to work out, so I doubt he is a big part of the planning.

J

Probably just interior depth. Losing LDT and Niang both, it's hard to guess what the depth chart at 3 of the OL positions looks like right now, without more substantial reports out of camp or preseason games. Like, I know the official site has Allegretti listed at G, at this point. If you have a situation where Allegretti is pushing for a starting position at either G spot, you could have a dangerous lack of depth at C. As is, Reiter is the only guy listed at C on roster. Allegretti could obviously flex there, but only if he isn't already on field as a starter or another substitution. Or maybe Allegretti isn't developing and they don't trust him to go in if Reiter goes down. And I'm assuming they don't want a UDFA in Williams playing C at all either.

53 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

How has CEH looked in camp? aka Is he grasping the offense or any issues with holding on the ball?

Our coaches don't really rave about players, nor talk down on them.    He's had some great moments/still has some stuff to learn.   

In Reid terms,   I'm taking that as he will be ready to roll as the starting back week 1.   His teammates are raving about him.

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Probably just interior depth. Losing LDT and Niang both, it's hard to guess what the depth chart at 3 of the OL positions looks like right now, without more substantial reports out of camp or preseason games. Like, I know the official site has Allegretti listed at G, at this point. If you have a situation where Allegretti is pushing for a starting position at either G spot, you could have a dangerous lack of depth at C. As is, Reiter is the only guy listed at C on roster. Allegretti could obviously flex there, but only if he isn't already on field as a starter or another substitution. Or maybe Allegretti isn't developing and they don't trust him to go in if Reiter goes down. And I'm assuming they don't want a UDFA in Williams playing C at all either.

Nice.  I really like Kilgore.   Way too late in the process for him to be a starter,  but if Reiter struggles he will be able to fill in easily.

Kilgore can also play OG, so he potentially backs up three positions.

Still, it makes me wonder if Allegretti has stepped up or dropped out. There is Darryl Williams, who they clearly like for PS. Kilgore is 32 years old, so he could be the place holder while Williams develops.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

How has CEH looked in camp? aka Is he grasping the offense or any issues with holding on the ball?

Most reports have been that he's ahead of schedule, by rookie standards, and he's basically already penciled in as the starter (in any case, he's worked heavily with the first team.) Reid has praised his performance so far in pass protection, which is almost always the biggest barrier to a young RB getting playing time in an Andy Reid offense. I honestly expect him to be the feature guy day 1, like Kareem Hunt was a few years back.

It's final cutdown time. Here is a projection of the final 53 from Pride.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/4/21418263/chiefs-53-man-roster-prediction-2-0-nfl

• I will disagree on a couple of points. I don't think the Chiefs go with Yelder. They have a blocking TE in Helm and a big target in Jody Fortson. Pick one or the other. 
  • They were clear early on that they want a good alternative to using Mecole Hardman for PR. Justice Shelton-Mosley seems to provide that, plus he is a good gunner in coverage.
  • I doubt they keep both Kilgore and Allegretti. This is one place they can squeeze in that 7th WR.
  • I can see Rodney Clemons making the cut. Colbert is likely the man out. 

I like the ten DL selected and going with just five LB. 

All the draft picks make the final cut and possibly an UDFA or two.

J

On 8/28/2020 at 5:58 AM, BStanRamFan said:

He immediately came in as the starter day one and has held it since. Mahomes, Reid, Bienemy have all praised his grasp of the offense. Mahomes has complimented his vision, and the LBs have said he’s made them look silly. 

if there were fumbling issues he wouldn’t still be starting, Reid really doesn’t tolerate it.