Does Matt Ryan win a Super Bowl before the end of his career?

Championshiporbust

28 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Oh man, there's so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to start. Outside of him needing a defense (Falcons average DVOA in the Ryan era is ranked 22 or 23), the rest of it is very wrong. He's one of the top and most accurate deep ball passers in the NFL. And his success with Julio Jones makes them one of the top 4-5 QB-WR pairings of all time."relative success"

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/24/21079570/top-10-qb-receiver-tight-end-duos-peyton-manning-randy-moss-tom-brady-gronk

and yet the wins aren't there, 7 last two seasons. I said relative success because while they do have 1 to 1 success it hasn't consistently lead to winning seasons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

and yet the wins aren't there, 7 last two seasons. I said relative success because while they do have 1 to 1 success it hasn't consistently lead to winning seasons. 

Like I said, it's because the defense has ranked horribly. 

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Like I said, it's because the defense has ranked horribly. 

That's what I am saying, instead of putting top dollar in a guy like Julio, I think they'd be better served focusing on improving the defense and investing there. I think Ryan can be successful with a handful of above average guys at WR who are schemed to success and won't break the bank. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's what I am saying, instead of putting top dollar in a guy like Julio, I think they'd be better served focusing on improving the defense and investing there. I think Ryan can be successful with a handful of above average guys at WR who are schemed to success and won't break the bank. 

Yeah, but that's not what they're ever going to do. This team is built around Julio and Ryan. They do have some pieces on defense, but drafting and coaching on that side of the ball has to get better. Morris and Whitt in the secondary should help what's been the defense's biggest problem since Manuel left in their communication on the back end. On top of that, I think the Falcons have needed a true running game as they haven't really had one since the middle of 2017.

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, but that's not what they're ever going to do. This team is built around Julio and Ryan. They do have some pieces on defense, but drafting and coaching on that side of the ball has to get better. Morris and Whitt in the secondary should help what's been the defense's biggest problem since Manuel left in their communication on the back end. On top of that, I think the Falcons have needed a true running game as they haven't really had one since the middle of 2017.

I dont know the specifics, but I thought Telvin Coleman was the perfect bell cow for the team as currently constructed 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He needs to be on a team in which defense is the focus. I think he is plenty talented to make an offense run and to make the throws he needs to. Too often in his career is he made to push the ball downfield and really it never seemed like his forte. Despite their relative success, I don't think he and Julio are the best fit together. I think Ryans ideal roster consists of a strong defense, a strong TE and underneath WR presence and a pass catching RB. 

Then they should fire Dan Quinn and hire a coach who can get them to the top. 

• Like 1

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Can't see him winning one for a multitude of reasons, chief being what happened vs NE. Quite frankly, I don't think he'll ever even play in an NFCCG. Coin flip to play in the divisional round ever again. He had his time in the sun. Clouds from here on out.

What happened vs. NE wasn't his fault though. 

Atlanta was 29th in sacks last year. I realize those aren’t everything, but they certainly help you get off the field. Will Dante Fowler alone change that, cause they didn’t do anything else.  Unless they take their defense more seriously how can he?

Edited by EvilenFroggen

12 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Atlanta was 29th in sacks last year. I realize those aren’t everything, but they certainly help you get off the field. Will Dante Fowler alone change that, cause they didn’t do anything else.  Unless they take their defense more seriously how can he?

Yes, sacks are a huge problem. IF, and its a huge if, Fowler is a 11-12 sack guy, then yes, i think its enough. Pair that with Grady, and it should make everyone a tad bit better. They added Davidsonn who should add a handful, maybe Charles Harris matches his careeer total as a longshot. Tak should be better with a guy like fowler on the other side. Not to mention, theres just a little more room to add a guy if someone becomes available.

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Matt Ryan is a future Hall of Famer.

Maybe.  But he doesn't deserve it.  He would only get in because of the explosion in passing stats during this era.  His play hasn't even warranted being viewed as an elite QB in this era let alone a future Hall of Famer.

I would take Matt Stafford over him as a QB and I doubt anybody sees Stafford as a Hall of Famer. 

• Like 2