Does Matt Ryan win a Super Bowl before the end of his career?

Championshiporbust

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

The O-line might finally be better. Lindstrom and McGary being healthy this year would help a lot. Mack and MAtthews staying healthy would be good too. If Hennessy comes in and plays average all year, that'd be perfect for them becuase Matthews and Mack are Pro Bowl talents and Lindstrom will probably be there one day too. McGary is a solid RT when he puts it together, but he looked terrible as a freshman in college before his sophomore year getting a nice boost in his play. I think the OL is solid enough now. But Koetter is terrible. He's the Aquaman of the Falcons OC's under Ryan's history.

no way in the world can you call mcgary solid. he was awful last year. beyond awful. maybe he improves, but youre being a homer if you call him anything but bad.

18 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no way in the world can you call mcgary solid. he was awful last year. beyond awful. maybe he improves, but youre being a homer if you call him anything but bad.

He was solid in some games. Wasn't consistent though. Overarching awful. But right now, he did show flashes. I like that he's been working with Forney for the last few months to improve technique and with Lindstrom to improve chemistry.

• 1 month later...

Is he going to win a SB? Who the hell knows, it’s too team dependent. However, individually Ryan is capable of elite QB play. He was always borderline elite but he finally pushed himself over the edge a few years ago, unless you’re convinced the first half of last season under Koetter is more indicative of his future play

Ryan’s last few postseason runs have featured some stellar QB play. 70%+ completion, 400 ypg, and 7 TD/1 INT in his 2 NFCCG. I believe his SB rating was one of the highest. So, will the falcons win a SB? Don’t know. But they have a QB who’s demonstrated elite ability including in the most important part - the postseason - so they certainly have a chance going into each year until he hangs it up

Edited by Auroracan
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Auroracan said:

Is he going to win a SB? Who the hell knows, it’s too team dependent. However, individually Ryan is capable of elite QB play. He was always borderline elite but he finally pushed himself over the edge a few years ago, unless you’re convinced the first half of last season under Koetter is more indicative of his future play

Ryan’s last few postseason runs have featured some stellar QB play. 70%+ completion, 400 ypg, and 7 TD/1 INT in his 2 NFCCG. I believe his SB rating was one of the highest. So, will the falcons win a SB? Don’t know. But they have a QB who’s demonstrated elite ability including in the most important part - the postseason - so they certainly have a chance going into each year until he hangs it up

Exactly. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

A better question is "if the Falcons have a bad year, you go all out to secure Fields if he's projected as the #2 prospect?"

Again, no. If the Falcons have a bad year, it won't be because of Matt Ryan. People crap on him for no reason. 

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Again, no. If the Falcons have a bad year, it won't be because of Matt Ryan. People crap on him for no reason. 

He may have some good years left, but the opportunity to draft a young bigtime QB talent doesn't come around often, especially one from a team's area.

16 hours ago, Drained said:

Not with Dan Quinn as HC lol

This is my thoughts. Ryan himself has the ability to win, provided his coaching staff can get the rest of the team playing to their ability.

Right now, I have Quinn in the Bill O'Brien/Doug Marrone/Matt Patricia bracket - which means he's going to find a way to lose when it matters.

It should not be a knock on Ryan.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is my thoughts. Ryan himself has the ability to win, provided his coaching staff can get the rest of the team playing to their ability.

Right now, I have Quinn in the Bill O'Brien/Doug Marrone/Matt Patricia bracket - which means he's going to find a way to lose when it matters.

I tend to agree. But I do think Quinn has potential to be much better than those 3. He actually has the players that like him. The question is whether he can learn from his mistakes. He seemed to do well at that the second half of 2019 and having Morris and Ulbrich take over the defense with Whitt and Tupou coming in as coaches should help that side of the ball. The OL needs to play better, but two guys being 2nd year players and not straight rookies should help. It comes down to health at a certain point too. Team just needs to stay healthy. Losing Neal and Allen in 2018 and losing half the OL in 2019 killed those seasons.

Edited by scar988

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is my fear about Deshaun too though. Dan Quinn has good years that make fans like him again, he has bad years that make fans call for him to be on the hot seat. This is the exact situation with BoB at the moment. I really hope we don't waste a HOF talent like the Falcons have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

I tend to agree. But I do think Quinn has potential to be much better than those 3. He actually has the players that like him. The question is whether he can learn from his mistakes. He seemed to do well at that the second half of 2019 and having Morris and Ulbrich take over the defense with Whitt and Tupou coming in as coaches should help that side of the ball. The OL needs to play better, but two guys being 2nd year players and not straight rookies should help. It comes down to health at a certain point too. Team just needs to stay healthy. Losing Neal and Allen in 2018 and losing half the OL in 2019 killed those seasons.

Players at Houston love BoB but its the same with Jason Garrett and the Cowboys, sure, he's loved within the organization and by the players but does that matter if he keeps making every year look like a struggle with a good team?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Drained said:

Players at Houston love BoB but its the same with Jason Garrett and the Cowboys, sure, he's loved within the organization and by the players but does that matter if he keeps making every year look like a struggle with a good team?

That's a fair point. I think this year, it's playoffs or bust. If the team does well this year, he's keeping his job and so is Dimitroff. They just have to make the playoffs. The past two years have been a bit snake bitten which has hurt, but that can't be the true excuse. Unlike the last two years, that can't be an excuse this year.