Does Matt Ryan win a Super Bowl before the end of his career?

Championshiporbust

I noticed that the Cowboys resigned Brandon Carr, which lead me to look up the 2008 draft class.  Out of the first round, the only players still active last year were Ryan and Aquib Talib. To give you a reference. Talib played in the Orange Bowl for University of Kansas. They were good once. The only other player still fairly active is Calais Campbell.

The point is that Matt Ryan is past old. He's eight years behind Brady, but that's Tom Brady. He's up there with Drew Brees, Philip Rivers and the long snappers.

J

58 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I noticed that the Cowboys resigned Brandon Carr, which lead me to look up the 2008 draft class.  Out of the first round, the only players still active last year were Ryan and Aquib Talib. To give you a reference. Talib played in the Orange Bowl for University of Kansas. They were good once. The only other player still fairly active is Calais Campbell.

The point is that Matt Ryan is past old. He's eight years behind Brady, but that's Tom Brady. He's up there with Drew Brees, Philip Rivers and the long snappers.

J

Best STer of all time Matthew Slater picked in 2008 and still going strong 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, scar988 said:

Oh man, there's so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to start. Outside of him needing a defense (Falcons average DVOA in the Ryan era is ranked 22 or 23), the rest of it is very wrong. He's one of the top and most accurate deep ball passers in the NFL. And his success with Julio Jones makes them one of the top 4-5 QB-WR pairings of all time."relative success"

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/24/21079570/top-10-qb-receiver-tight-end-duos-peyton-manning-randy-moss-tom-brady-gronk

Not only that, but i also don't really think it's fair to characterize Julio as some sort of "pure deep threat".  The guy is one of the most dangerous receivers in the league, in any sort of situation or depth.  Heck, toss him a quick slant or bubble screen and he'll make yards of it.

But to the question at hand...no.  I don't think Matt Ryan wins a Super Bowl.  At least, not as a starter.  His window is closing rapidly.  It's probably actually closely tied to Julio's window as an elite receiver.  I'm just not sure they can rebuild the rest of the team around that, and especially the defense that they'd need, in the time that duo have left on the offensive side of the ball.